Referenced your book

order now!

Referenced your book

Unread postby ericretzlaff » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:27 am

:DMr. Goldberg. I see you on TV, and I'm almost done with your terrific Crazies-Wimps book. Providentially I just happened to be reading a section that I was able to reference in a letter to one of our local newspapers. See below. Eric Retzlaff

Carbon dioxide tax will only hurt families

First published: Saturday, July 11, 2009

Marshall Cassidy's June 26 letter challenging global warming certainly drew a reaction from its true believers.
Cassidy's right when he claims that the Earth's temperature has naturally fluctuated over time. National broadcaster Bernard Goldberg, in his book "Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right," points out that the major news media have bounced back and forth on this issue: The New York Times, for example, predicted an ice age back in 1924, warming in 1933, and cooling in 1975.

The recent global warming scare has added a natural compound, carbon dioxide, to the list of pollutants. Since humans and animals exhale tons of carbon dioxide, politicians could finally get their dream tax: a tax on breathing. Far-fetched? The farming community recently stopped a proposal to tax cow belching.

The apocalyptic obsession with man-made global warming would be comedic if the Obama administration wasn't planning to tax industrial carbon dioxide emissions through cap and trade legislation, raising the cost of energy for every family.

That's just what we need, another government syphon in our pockets.

Eric Retzlaff

Schenectady

Privacy Rights | Terms of Service
All Times Union materials copyright 1996-2009, Capital Newspapers Division of The Hearst Corporation, Albany, NY
ericretzlaff

Referenced your book

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Referenced your book

Unread postby umakemesik » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:30 am

i'm an idiot and soon to be banned.
i've been banned b/c i don't know how to be civil. i am a ridiculous child who says things on the net i would never say to someones face.
umakemesik

Unread postby WeaponOfMassInstruction » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:49 pm

umakemesik wrote:i'm an idiot and soon to be banned.

Sorry, but idiocy is not sufficient reason to get one banned, else we'd have no Liberals here at all.
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
William F. Buckley, Jr.
WeaponOfMassInstruction
Mod Team

Unread postby kokosovorah » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:15 pm

I am not sure .. but I think I am too .. :oops:
kokosovorah

Unread postby Japanklet » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Hello, Kokosovorah!

Welcome to the board!

I'm not an administrator or a moderator, but regardless of your political leanings, please consider staying a while and posting on any of our forums! We'd all be interested in hearing your views!

Japanklet
Note: To cut down on screen clutter on my tiny monitor, my computer is set to block all pictures that appear in the signatures of other posters. Because of that, I cannot see them nor comment on them. Thanks.—Japanklet
Japanklet
Media analyst

Return to Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve