Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Cite your own examples of news slant, right and left. Contribute your own take on the news.

Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby VectorSpaceMan » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:30 pm

The Moderate Republicans, such as former Republican Senator Arlen Specter, believe their Value Position on Abortion should be acceptable to the party as a whole.

What is MODERATE about killing fetuses?

GOP: Remove 'Moderate' from the party language - Abortion is an EXTREME left-winger Value Position.

Mr. Steele, TEAR DOWN THIS WALL!

NO Republican who believes in 'Freedom of Choice' should EVER be called Moderate again. :evil:
VectorSpaceMan
Media analyst
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:58 pm

Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby Seminole gal » Sun May 03, 2009 11:19 pm

No...abortion will never be Ok and untill the Republican party gets back to that basic fact, we will lose elections.
Understanding basic respect for the unborn is a foundation of our principals....we moved away from that primary fact and must move the weaker ones back to that principle.
Seminole gal
Media observer
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: USA

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby MISSMOO » Thu May 07, 2009 8:53 pm

One of the reasons the Republican party is suffering is because it's trying to be all things to all people and to attract the younger voter. (I am SO tired of every business, party, company, etc., trying to appeal to the YOUNGER viewer. It makes older folks like me - I'm 55 - feel like our opinions, thoughts, concerns, needs, etc., don't matter. I'm tired of this attitude).
The issue of abortion is a perfect example. The Republican party with which I grew up realized life is sacred and abortion is murder and, therefore, cannot be sanctioned. Now, some "moderate Republicans" (RINOS or what I see as Democrats) are trying to change the Republican platform by making the party change its views on abortion. BOYS AND GIRLS, READ MY LIPS: ABORTION IS MURDER, pure and simple. You may have a million reasons to justify it - rape, incest, "inconvenience," finances, youth (here we go again) etc. - but when push comes to shove, when a woman has an abortion, she is allowing someone to murder a developing human being. It really is that simple. If the party starts condoning abortion instead of seeing it for the intrinsic evil and crime it really is, then the party will lose members and it will lose future elections. That's why Sarah Palin is SO good. She says it like it is and the way Republicans should see and say it. We need more people like her. The party needs more people like her. And the party needs to be and stay true to its original platform. Otherwise, we might as well say GOOD BYE to life as we know it now and get used to life as a Democrat or, worse, as a European Socialist.
MISSMOO
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 8:37 pm

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby MISSMOO » Thu May 07, 2009 8:56 pm

:D Congratulations to me --- someone has just labeled me a biased and arrogant fan! Thank you very much! Damned straight I am! I'm a Catholic, Bible-totin,' Life-affirming, Constitution Supporting (though not gun-totin') CONSERVATIVE. Long may I wave!
MISSMOO
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 8:37 pm

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Fri May 08, 2009 1:54 am

MM, just to let you know, "biased and arrogant fan" is the title given to every new visitor to this forum. After a few posts you become a "media observer," and so on. Bernie's first two books, Bias and Arrogance, were the inspiration for the badge.

You'll probably want to use a standard-size font instead of the large-the mods have commented to others about using it too much.

Welcome to the site!
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: San Diego, CA.

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby MISSMOO » Sun May 10, 2009 8:15 pm

:D Hi! Though I like to play around with fonts, I normally do not do so on response sites such as this --- I only did it that one time when I was called Biased and Arrogant. I was SO happy and proud! :D
MISSMOO
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 8:37 pm

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby Tiffany » Mon May 11, 2009 10:40 pm

Jeffreydan wrote:MM, just to let you know, "biased and arrogant fan" is the title given to every new visitor to this forum. After a few posts you become a "media observer," and so on. Bernie's first two books, Bias and Arrogance, were the inspiration for the badge.

You'll probably want to use a standard-size font instead of the large-the mods have commented to others about using it too much.

Welcome to the site!


Very nice, Jeff! You were a little mod-dy yourself there just then. :wink:

Anyway, about abortion being murder, and the Republican stance on it, etc....

If you thought millions of "murders" were happening every year, wouldn't you take all sorts of steps to stop it?

If that's really what you thought, if that was really what any Republican president had thought, wouldn't they have done more?

Feel free to disagree, certainly, but it seems to me that if the general consensus among almost half the population of the country was that abortion is really, truly "murder," we wouldn't still have it.

If that many 2-year-olds were being eliminated, we'd be having a war over that, not just writing books and blogs and voting for someone that claims to feel the way we do.

And that's what it comes down to. Many of us don't agree on when life begins, so we're wary of getting into it with each other, people who are supposed to be on the same side, when really we view this differently. To some a cluster of cells is enough, others require brain activity, etc.

So isn't it possible that less Republicans see abortion as "murder" than are saying so? Couldn't this be a little more complicated and a little less black and white? Because I don't like it, don't think I could do it myself, but that doesn't mean I don't see a need to have a way people can do it. I do see a need for that, every day. And I've never felt like I could be anything as easily as I can be a conservative.

And I've met many conservatives who feel the same way. They're not rhinos, they're not the dreaded moderates, they're just conservatives who don't like something but admit that we've got to have it. We pretty much all categorically disagree with the so-called legal basis for it and think that should be addressed, but that doesn't change the result, that for now it's legal and many think it should be, one way or another.

Thoughts?
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
User avatar
Tiffany
Mod Team
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:34 am
Location: Indiana

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby Seminole gal » Tue May 12, 2009 9:42 am

MISSMOO wrote:One of the reasons the Republican party is suffering is because it's trying to be all things to all people and to attract the younger voter. (I am SO tired of every business, party, company, etc., trying to appeal to the YOUNGER viewer. It makes older folks like me - I'm 55 - feel like our opinions, thoughts, concerns, needs, etc., don't matter. I'm tired of this attitude).
The issue of abortion is a perfect example. The Republican party with which I grew up realized life is sacred and abortion is murder and, therefore, cannot be sanctioned. Now, some "moderate Republicans" (RINOS or what I see as Democrats) are trying to change the Republican platform by making the party change its views on abortion. BOYS AND GIRLS, READ MY LIPS: ABORTION IS MURDER, pure and simple. You may have a million reasons to justify it - rape, incest, "inconvenience," finances, youth (here we go again) etc. - but when push comes to shove, when a woman has an abortion, she is allowing someone to murder a developing human being. It really is that simple. If the party starts condoning abortion instead of seeing it for the intrinsic evil and crime it really is, then the party will lose members and it will lose future elections. That's why Sarah Palin is SO good. She says it like it is and the way Republicans should see and say it. We need more people like her. The party needs more people like her. And the party needs to be and stay true to its original platform. Otherwise, we might as well say GOOD BYE to life as we know it now and get used to life as a Democrat or, worse, as a European Socialist.


:clap: :clap: :clap:
WELL STATED and spot on.....when we get back to those VIRTUES and COMMITMENTS we hold as true CONSERVAIVES, only then will be start to win elections...Until we permit the libs to hold on to their 'OUTRAGE' over our lack of understading for those disgustinglife choices ..i.e., abortions rights, gay rights and etc, then we get what we get.
IF YOU DON'T STAND FIRMLY FOR SOMETHING, THEN YOU STAND FOR NOTHING!!!!
Seminole gal
Media observer
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: USA

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby TerryAnne » Sat May 16, 2009 2:19 am

Tiff -
gotta say you're right on, there.



Seminole -
It's RedInDC from ACOC. :) (small world)
Is a proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy. :twisted:
User avatar
TerryAnne
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 2287
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:41 am
Location: On the road again....

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Mon May 18, 2009 11:34 pm

i've mentioned it b4 in other threads, but i'll just repeat my stance here:

my inclination is to never have abortion anywhere in the world. however, in the very early stages, prior to measureable brain activity, i think it should be legal. if there is no brain activity, it is arguable there is no "person" there, its the same arguemtn made for coma victims who are braindead.

also, such a rule would allow for fertility clinics and stem cell research. the fact is that i am POSITIVE anti-abortion religious parents HAVE gone to such clinics, well, what did they do with all the other embryos they didn't use? are they murderers for just trying to get pregnant?

i think this is a good cmpromise, b/c its better than what we have now, but really satisfies neither side, which is usually the mark of a good compromise. plus it encourages pro life groups to develop technology to continue to "push up" the mark and make the window smaller.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby uplinktruck » Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:58 pm

I lean conservative and I am also in favor of all but late term abortions. It is not the non-negotiable issue with me as it seems to be with many of the people writing here and most "conservatives." I came by this opinion while driving an ambulance shortly before Roe v. Wade came to pass. (It is also not up for debate, so don't waste your time and Mr. Goldberg's band width with all the reasons I'm wrong and going to Hell. I've heard it all before.)

What I don't understand is why "conservative" or "Republican" has to mean "Christian Right" and "Pro-Life." I believe in small conservative government, fiscal responsibility, personal responsibility, the right to bear arms and freedom to live one's live without big brother looking over my shoulder. But the minute I say I do not have a problem with abortion on demand in the early stages of pregnancy, I'm immediately condemned by the real "Christian Right" as being a "closet liberal, phony, undercover democrat, etc?"

I mean the conservatives still want my vote? Right?
"Rest assured, there'll never be a shortage of Bozos on television"
- Dan Rather, lamenting the end of WGN-TV's "Bozo", on the CBS Evening News, 6/13/01.
User avatar
uplinktruck
Media observer
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 pm
Location: Never at home

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:50 pm

uplinktruck wrote:What I don't understand is why "conservative" or "Republican" has to mean "Christian Right" and "Pro-Life." I believe in small conservative government, fiscal responsibility, personal responsibility, the right to bear arms and freedom to live one's live without big brother looking over my shoulder. But the minute I say I do not have a problem with abortion on demand in the early stages of pregnancy, I'm immediately condemned by the real "Christian Right" as being a "closet liberal, phony, undercover democrat, etc?"

I mean the conservatives still want my vote? Right?

The conservatives may want your and others' votes, but apparently not enough to get as aggressive as democrats to obtain the votes. At least credit them for speaking honestly about their views, and understand that America has more pro-life citizens than pro-abortion.

The question is, would you vote for the big (enormous at this point) government, big-spending, anti-gun, intrusive party because they happen to not judge people who are pro-abortion?
I respect your independant thought, but those in the "Christian Right" don't represent conservatives as a whole; in fact they are a minority. The radical left, however, has risen to prominence in the democrat party, and the most power is currently being enjoyed by the worst of that element.
Likewise, the spineless, moderate Republicans make up too much of that party, and the democrats still successfully bully them.

IMO, the conservatives are the only respectable politicians, and they'll get more respect if they wake up and stand up to the bullies.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: San Diego, CA.

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby Jorge_Banner » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:52 pm

Yes, abortion is OK.

Unless you consider yourself (or society or whatever) the owner of a woman’s body and life, you can not tell her to have or not to have an abortion.

You can not grant rights to a fetus without taking her rights away from the woman carrying it.

That is why a human doesn’t begin to exist as such and have rights until the moment it is out of the mother and is viable in the outside world on his own.

Much as it may, and I know it does, hurt the religious side of things, that’s the only rational and moral way to go.

You can not restrict abortion without turning every pregnant woman into a slave.

I’m against slavery. Slavery is wrong.

A woman is a human being and as such must be recognized as free to do with her life and body as she sees fit. Period.

NOBODY has the right to tell a woman what to do with her body and how to live her life.
Life Member JPFO.
Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote. Ben Franklin
Beware the Truce of the Bear
Do not rejoice in his defeat, you men. For though the world has stood up and stopped the bastard, the bitch that bore him is in heat again.
A is A
Jorge_Banner
Media analyst
 
Posts: 275
Joined: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:07 am

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby uplinktruck » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:08 pm

Jeffreydan wrote:The question is, would you vote for the big (enormous at this point) government, big-spending, anti-gun, intrusive party because they happen to not judge people who are pro-abortion?

Of course not. I haven't voted that way in many years.

But my point is that things like fiscal responsibility, personal freedom and preservation of constitutional rights are going to be far more important to me then whether or not a particular candidate is Pro-life or Pro-Choice. We have way too many one issue voters now and that is screwing up the works from all sides of the political arena. The number of people that refuse to look at the entire package grows every year.

That one issue can be abortion, guns, climate, ecology, taxes, health or what ever you can think of. The problem is that people have stopped looking at the whole package and what is best for the country in favor of tunnel vision on one issue.

That problem is clearly affecting the outcome of elections.
"Rest assured, there'll never be a shortage of Bozos on television"
- Dan Rather, lamenting the end of WGN-TV's "Bozo", on the CBS Evening News, 6/13/01.
User avatar
uplinktruck
Media observer
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:27 pm
Location: Never at home

Re: Moderate Republicans: Abortion is OK!

Unread postby Sara123 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:47 pm

The majority of the public is against abortion as it has currently been dictated by the US courts. Yes, women have control over their own bodies and that is what birth control is for. Using abortion for birth control is not only physically and mentally unhealthy for women, it is downright disrespectful of human life and irresponsible.

Republican "moderates" are the same country club liberal fools who kept the party as a minority for decades in the past. They are basically snobs and they are perfectly happy helping to shape socialism with the Democrats as a permanent minority party. Like the Democrats, they don't like the American-American riff raff messing up the socialist party. How did this minority of nuts get control of the GOP again? That includes "free drugs for everyone" Bush!
Sara123
Media observer
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:41 pm


Return to More Bias and Arrogance

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron