Rating

Discuss the various aspects of Bernard Goldberg's "Bias," the smash bestseller with all the inside baseball from one of their own! Discuss the various aspects of Arrogance, the 2nd NYT's bestseller.

Rating

Unread postby Lonewolfe2015 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:23 pm

Weeee... first post for the book Arrogance...

Anyone who has read this, can you give me a rating, comparing it to Bernie's other books or why i should read it? I'm thinking about reading this or Bias soon.
Lonewolfe2015
Media GOD!

Rating

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby Frenetic » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:49 pm

Read them both. Enlightening............
Frenetic
Media analyst

Unread postby JKersting » Sun Oct 16, 2005 2:10 pm

Bias and Arrogance need to be read in order. Bias feeds into Arrogance. 100 People stands just fine on its own and does not require reading the other two. BUT, I still recommend, HIGHLY, reading all three.

Arrogance shows the media elites reaction to Bias and exposes them for the frauds that they are.
Jay Kersting
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " Reagan
"Now more than ever before,the people are responsible for the character of their Congress.If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption."Garfield
JKersting
Media GOD!

Unread postby Lonewolfe2015 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:16 pm

which did you like better?
Lonewolfe2015
Media GOD!

Unread postby JKersting » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:41 pm

There is no better in this case. It is like asking what is better in the Encyclopedia Britannica Volume A or Volume S-Sn. I do not think that Bernie intended the books to be a system, but you need to read Bias first and then Arrogance. Need to read both.

Now, with 100 People..... that one stands alone and is great, but exposes the greater culture war that was touched on in Bias and Arrogance. Therefore, I think you should read it in addition to the others, preferably after the others.
Jay Kersting
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " Reagan
"Now more than ever before,the people are responsible for the character of their Congress.If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption."Garfield
JKersting
Media GOD!

Unread postby Lonewolfe2015 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:15 pm

Well, i've made my decision to put em off until i get my 250$ for these flyers i'm making for some people, since I'm thinking about using my 400$ to get a new stereo system... But I defiantly want to read them now, I read through every 1 star rating on them on Amazon, it's fun to see why people hate them before buying a book, since most of the hates are just people too afraid to admit something is good.
Lonewolfe2015
Media GOD!

Details

Unread postby Ramon6159 » Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:11 am

Frenetic wrote:Read them both.

Can you PM me with more details? thanks. :D
Ramon6159

Unread postby oxymoron » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:54 am

Lonewolfe2015 wrote:Well, i've made my decision to put em off until i get my 250$ for these flyers i'm making for some people, since I'm thinking about using my 400$ to get a new stereo system... But I defiantly want to read them now, I read through every 1 star rating on them on Amazon, it's fun to see why people hate them before buying a book, since most of the hates are just people too afraid to admit something is good.

Lonewolfe, you could always get the books the cheap way by going to the library...
oxymoron
Media analyst

Unread postby WeaponOfMassInstruction » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:47 pm

Bias feeds into Arrogance.

As in literature, so it often is in real life as well.
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
William F. Buckley, Jr.
WeaponOfMassInstruction
Mod Team

Return to BIAS: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News, & ARROGANCE: Rescuing America From the Media Elite