Peter Jennigs Reference in "Bias"

Discuss the various aspects of Bernard Goldberg's "Bias," the smash bestseller with all the inside baseball from one of their own! Discuss the various aspects of Arrogance, the 2nd NYT's bestseller.

Unread postby Robert Noval » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:20 pm

Dear Mr. Goldberg:

Thank you for this excellent book. I read it back when it was first a best seller.

I seem to recall a reference to Peter Jennings admitting to adjusting his news reporting to advance leftist political agenda, but I can't recall or locate specifically where in the book.

Hope you can help me out with a little after sales service, so to speak.

I need to respond to the writing on a message board of a young admirer of his comparing him favorably to the likes of Brinkley, Cronkite, et al.

I mean no disrespect to the late Mr. Jennings, but would like to offer a bit of eye witness historical perspective, with a reliable collaborative quotation.

Thank You,
The Bikemessenger
Robert Noval

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby kobennett » Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:57 pm

Bill O'Reilly in his piece on him earlier in the week was very com plimentary. He said something along the lines of he was not ann idealogue like Mr. Rather and Mr. Brokaw. Bill's a pretty straight shooter and he worked with him at ABC.
For what it's worth.
kobennett
Media pundit

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:01 pm

frankly, i think Bill was just being loyal.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby kobennett » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:06 pm

Why do you think that?
kobennett
Media pundit

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:20 pm

b/c Peter was loyal to him according to Bill, and when someone dies tragically, its easy to be loyal and magnanimous.

the evidence of PJ being liberal is virtually everywhere.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby CowboyBebop » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:00 pm

I can't really say about Jennings' liberal bias or what not, because I didn't and still don't watch ABC for news. Although, it was Jennings on the radio that I listened to when 9/11 happened. He also did a very good documentary on the assassination of JFK 2 years ago for the 30th anniversary.

I found it interesting that one of his idols, according to O'Reilly, was a conservative reporter and I found out yesterday that he was friends with Antonin Scalia. Now, I realize that doesn't mean anything in the big scheme of things, but if he was indeed a lefty hard liner, it would seem odd that he'd be friends with Scalia and an admirer of a conservative reporter (sorry, I forget this person's name).
CowboyBebop
Media pundit

Unread postby kobennett » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:20 pm

I think it is John Leo. Forgive me if I have the name or spelling wrong. O'Reiily referenced him in his piece.
kobennett
Media pundit

Unread postby Love&Peace » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:18 pm

You have got to be smoking some serious stuff if you think Bill O" Reilly is credible about anything. A better name for his show would be the totally spin zone....he panders to the lunatics on the right and they and you actually believe this hypocrite
Love&Peace

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:55 pm

yawn.

as usual, name calling, no examples.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Cortese » Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:28 pm

Why in the world should ANY liberal present evidence to support their point of view? Because if they actually did the research they'd discover the real truth and Heaven forbid that happen. Talk about living in a La La Land. :roll:
Life-long fan of the Military/Industrial/Janitorial/Custodial/Welfare-State/Pork-Laden/Mortgage & Bank Bailout Complex
Cortese
Media GOD!

Unread postby B.ernie G.oldberg Is God » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:09 am

Jennings was liberal as the day is long.

O'Reilly normally speaks the truth. He must have had his back against the wall.
B.ernie G.oldberg Is God

Return to BIAS: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News, & ARROGANCE: Rescuing America From the Media Elite