Perception of News After Reading Bias

Discuss the various aspects of Bernard Goldberg's "Bias," the smash bestseller with all the inside baseball from one of their own! Discuss the various aspects of Arrogance, the 2nd NYT's bestseller.

Unread postby FreedomFighterXL » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:21 am

I can recall some pretty good memories back in 7th grade when I first read a copy of Bias from a local library (Plan to buy all of Bernie's books along with some of John Stossel's works as well soon), and having my first real taste of where I felt most comfortable politically (I already was one of few students who actually felt Bush had some pretty good reasons for invading Iraq).

After reading it, I remember seeing the news in a completely different light. Though I didn't see a slant at first, that certainly changed after just a few chapters in. How all did any of you see the media differently after reading Bernie's first work?
FreedomFighterXL

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Perception of News After Reading Bias

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:46 am

Ever since Bernie talked about "Identity Politics," I notice all the time that politicians, noteworthy public figures, and organizations that are conservative get labeled as such. The same stories all too often will leave out the word "liberal" when a liberal is discussed.

As insulting as it is, it's also amusing to see a reporter view someone like Dr. James Dobson as a partisan with an agenda, while viewing NOW as just a regular group of centrist citizens.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!

Re: Perception of News After Reading Bias

Unread postby MrSinatra » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:09 am

there's also the bias of what is covered and what isn't covered, and the slant put on it.

for instance, homelessness was unendingly, relentlessly reported in in 80s'. miraculously, it disappeared from ANY coverage with clinton.

as to slant, consider this utube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgbPVHLla88
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Return to BIAS: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News, & ARROGANCE: Rescuing America From the Media Elite