Wrong Info on Page 60

Discuss the various aspects of Bernard Goldberg's "Bias," the smash bestseller with all the inside baseball from one of their own! Discuss the various aspects of Arrogance, the 2nd NYT's bestseller.

Wrong Info on Page 60

Unread postby tmichell » Fri May 16, 2008 7:49 pm

FYI...I worked for CBS News at the time of the 1971 earthquake and want to correct some info on page 60. John Harris was not in the office as stated. The assignment editor, Harvey Sachs, was the only one in the office. As soon as the quake hit, I called Harvey from home to see what I could do. He asked me to call New York because he could not get a line out. I was able to get through and talked to David Corista (sp) on the NY desk. He is the one who told me that he had not seen anything on the wires yet. I said IT JUST HAPPENED! Then the line went dead. So…you got the information right, you just had the wrong people. No biggie. I just wanted to give Harvey some credit because he was laid off a few weeks later. I took his place.

Tom Mitchell
tmichell

Wrong Info on Page 60

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to BIAS: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News, & ARROGANCE: Rescuing America From the Media Elite