Bang on

Discuss the various aspects of Bernard Goldberg's "Bias," the smash bestseller with all the inside baseball from one of their own! Discuss the various aspects of Arrogance, the 2nd NYT's bestseller.

Bang on

Unread postby Lonewolfe2015 » Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:39 pm

I'm only half way through, at the AIDS part, but I must say, Bernie is bang on when he refers to democrats scaring the public into believing everyone has AIDS. Honestly, my health class spent at least a week talking about AIDS. In my bio class to show how a virus spreads and also a little on AIDS, we all had a cup of water, and two had sugar in theirs. Two people were monogamous, and one person to abstinence. The rest of us had "sex" (mixed water together) 4-5 times and he put a testing substance in, if your water turned blue, you had the virus. Nearly everyone had it, but in the real world, its not really like that. He points out one person who said "as we speak every hour 1-2 teenagers are receiving AIDS" (directed in America, and this was 5 years back) Its probably not even 1 every 6 hours. Yet there are all these statistics that 5000 teens have AIDS right now, and everyone has gotten high by 9th grade, and that everyone has gotten drunk, etc etc. Who makes these up? its so crazy people even try to believe this.
Lonewolfe2015
Media GOD!

Bang on

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby TerryAnne » Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:10 am

We did that same project when I was in High School. I thought it to be rather informative, but given that it was a controlled population and such...

Anyway, I too found that chapter extremely insightful. I never knew people would stoop to such low measures.
Is a proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy. :twisted:
TerryAnne
Media GOD!

Unread postby RebelSnake » Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:03 am

Unfortunately, numbers and statistics can be manipulated to "prove" whatever point one cares to make.
RebelSnake
Media analyst

Unread postby B.ernie G.oldberg Is God » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:11 am

I know, too true.

We all know it's only queers and lefties who have AIDS (or should I say Gaydes).
B.ernie G.oldberg Is God

Unread postby Tiffany » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:32 pm

B.ernie G.oldberg Is God wrote:I know, too true.

We all know it's only queers and lefties who have AIDS (or should I say Gaydes).

That is the single most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, and totally misses the point of the posts it's answering. They didn't mean that, and it's obvious. :roll:

I hope you're some lefty troll who's here to make fun and hate on conservatives. Pretending to be a conservative to give themselves more opportunity to insult conservatives is a trademark of the left, so I wouldn't be at all surprised.

It would annoy me, but i'd rather that than thinking you seriously believe what you wrote above.
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
Tiffany
Mod Team

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:42 pm

B.ernie G.oldberg Is God wrote:I know, too true.

that is comepletely inappropriate and will not be allowed on this board.

how do you have 22 posts already?

maybe you're "for real" maybe you're not, but i don't care. either way we don't allow these kinds of comments on this board.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:02 pm

having now read your other posts, all i can say is don't you as a liberal, have anything better to do than come on here pretending to be a conservative and posting a bunch of meaningless crap with the intent of mocking conservatives?

this kind of pretending is another hallmark of a ridiculous liberal leftist mindset. can't defend your own positions, so best you can do is mock others.

weak.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Return to BIAS: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News, & ARROGANCE: Rescuing America From the Media Elite