Homosexuality and Christianity

Place for comments, discussions, and debate on topics raised during Bernie's TV segments.

Unread postby rlee166 » Thu May 21, 2015 10:07 pm

Bernie,

Many Christians are going to disagree with what you said tonight because they should. Christians are not taught by the old or new testament to hate homosexuals but that the act of homosexuality is a sin. We are to love the person but hate the sin. This is the truth. If a Christian comes out and says that they hate homosexuals then they are not living by what Christ taught. Be careful Bernie that you do not fall into the trap of labeling Christians as haters. Some Christians don't take the time to study the bible and correct their doctrine. Also, it must be understood that Christianity is also a lifestyle and that it is a learning process where you don't start out as a fully mature and informed Christian right out of the gate. It takes study, prayer and a willingness to live by God's will. I personally also believe that many who write into you or anyone else for that matter are sometimes angry about these issues and so you may get a larger amount of more vehement emails.

Right now and for some time many Christians have felt that they are under attack around the world and that what is happening in the west to Christians such as those bakers that were fined 135,000 dollars is just another face of the hatred of Christians. By the way, didn't anyone ever think that if those bakers were willing to lose their business and their home that they were truly doing this on Christian principles and not because of hatred? They felt that God's ideals were more important to them than the ideals of man or even their business and home. Think about it.

I like you Bernie and I hope you will keep an open mind about Christians and not buy into the hype about us. Christianity has been a touchstone of what is right and good for 2000 years and it is a shame that we are being vilified for standing by those beliefs.

May God have mercy on us and guide us. In the name of Jesus. Amen.
rlee166

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to On TV