Cliven Bundy Nevada Rancher

Place for comments, discussions, and debate on topics raised during Bernie's TV segments.

Unread postby Art.Laramee » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:55 pm

To Mr. Goldberg
I don't know what you and O'Reilly were talking about when you dissed Cliven Bundy. If you had researched the entire story, as I did, you would have found that Senate Minority Leader, Harry Reid, was behind the entire issue.
Harry Reid has a few property developer friends that he is close to and for whom he has caused favorable legislation to be passed so they could make millions. In fact the richest of them has given Reid's 4 sons; jobs. And they have been very generous in helping Reid to campaign for re-election.
As it turns out, the richest friend, Frederick Harvey Whittemore was in the middle of his $30 billion dollar development project that needed Bundy's grazing land among other sections of land. He also needed a number of changes to federal agency rules that would make his plans for golf communities he wanted to develop on Nevada range land possible.
Among them were the movement of the endangered species Desert Tortoise protected boundaries. Reid who placed his political hack at the head of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) got the boundaries moved.
And it was the rules changes that affected the ranchers ability to be in the business of raising cattle that got Bundy sideways with the feds. The rule change, designed to put the cattle ranchers out of business worked for all 53 ranchers except for Bundy who got his back up and decided to fight it. The rule change reduced the amount of cattle a rancher could graze on the open federal land to 150 head, an unsustainable number for a cattleman whose family’s living depended on the ranch business.
He adopted the position that the feds have no right to reduce the allowed number of cattle and he was going to fight it in court, legally. He also did not renew his permit because that would have supported the position of the feds that they could reduce his allowed number of cattle.
However he attempts to pay the state for the right to graze his cattle were rejected by the state. So Bundy kept track of the money he owed based on the feds permit charges.
It was Reid’s political hack that he arranged for appointment to run the BLM agency that decided to send in the military style army and equipment to destroy Bundy’s improvements to the grazing areas and intimidate him into compliance with the BLM’s orders. The terrifying action by the BLM motivated a number of militias and other citizens to come to the aid of Bundy and give him support.
You and O’Reilly seem to think that further information on Bundy showed how he was just a low life law breaker, when in fact further information showed how the government was being used to steal land from law abiding, hard working ranchers so Harry Reid and his developer friends could make money. This further information was not lost on Texas sherrifs when the same thing was tried in Texas and Texas told the BLM to pound sand. The state of Nevada and its institutions were much more accommodating to Reid and his friends than the Texas counterparts were.
As the drama played out there were attempts to smear Bundy which apparently worked with you and O’Reilly, but a more discerning individual learned that Bundy was not a sophisticated man. Just a hard working rancher with a great work ethic, kind to his family and friends, otherwise law abiding and religiously pious. You would probably call him an extremist or a right winger because he was also politically conservative although not politically astute or media savvy.
I didn’t have a major issue with what you tell O’Reilly until you revealed yourself in your comments on Bundy. I do have some big issues with O’Reilly although I respect what he tries to do and feel he mostly keeps his show interesting and somewhat informative, and his views on Bundy are simply added to my other issues with him.
Art.Laramee

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to On TV