Misunderstanding of Phil's comments

Place for comments, discussions, and debate on topics raised during Bernie's TV segments.

Unread postby bco67 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:57 am

Mr. Goldberg -

I am not sure if I understood you correctly, or if you understood Phil Robertson's comments correctly. You mentioned that Phil Robertson said homosexuality leads to beastiality and other things. That is correct if you mean the acceptance of such things. Phil was clearly talking about moral relativism.

“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong,” he says. “Sin becomes fine.”

As you may be aware homosexuality is an area many Christians and for that matter Muslims view as a sin. In today's society, it is becoming acceptable because as long as the people are happy who are we to interfere? Moral Relativism.

At any-rate - I am pretty sure Phil didn't mean that if you practice homosexuality then you will eventually become a zoophile, which your comments implied.

I am also trying to figure out how many commentators actually read the article because immediately before this definition of what in his mind is a sin. Phil Robertson said:

We’re Bible-thumpers who just happened to end up on television,” he tells me. “You put in your article that the Robertson family really believes strongly that if the human race loved each other and they loved God, we would just be better off. We ought to just be repentant, turn to God, and let’s get on with it, and everything will turn around.”

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/televis ... z2o6rrcwQR

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/televis ... z2o6pyjryz
bco67

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Misunderstanding of Phil's comments

Unread postby JeffandKasey » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:48 am

I was scouring the web this morning trying to find anything on this....it really does appear that Mr. Goldberg misquoted Phil, so thank you for starting this topic.

Mr. Goldberg,

First I just want you to know that I really do enjoy your opinions and whenever I hear you are going to be on the Factor I make sure I tune in, I have and always will enjoy what you bring to the table.

Could you take another look at what Phil actually stated, I do not think he (as the links above show) ever stated what you attributed to him "Homosexuality leads to bestiality".

Hope you read these....did not want to contribute to your email onslaught :)
JeffandKasey

Return to On TV