Bernie on O'Reilly

Place for comments, discussions, and debate on topics raised during Bernie's TV segments.

Bernie on O'Reilly

Unread postby Blunderbus » Thu May 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Thank god Bill let you talk virtually uninterrupted tonite, Bernie. I can't stand the way in which he interrupts incessantly. Your analysis is the most cogent and insightful of anyone out there in the vast wasteland of TV. Thank you for putting up with Bill's bluster and condescension at the end of the piece..."you had plenty of time tonite, Bernie."
Anyway, to the point of the public chasing shiny things. It is this very dynamic that is leading to the decline of our once great republic. I, too, fear for our future.
Blunderbus

Bernie on O'Reilly

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bernie on O'Reilly

Unread postby horrelhill » Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Amen for your comments about the coverage of Benghazi. I was distressed when even Fox suddenly shifted from live coverage of the hearings to waiting on the Arias verdict and to one of the Cleveland victims arriving home. The public needs to hear every bit of that testimony from the three men themselves. Already pundits have gotten what they said wrong - as in one on Cavuto who stated that Hicks called Clinton. Hicks rather was called by Clinton around 2 am. We needed to hear every word they had to say unfiltered.
horrelhill

Unread postby HammockBear » Thu May 09, 2013 8:49 pm

Watched CBS News last night for last time. Not once, was Benghazi mentioned. You spoke volumes tonight about the media. The Alphabet networks merely feed pablum to the masses . News was once reported as fact with no spin and today, the writing is on the wall. I too, have taken this Benghazi story personally as an American who wants truth and justice. Try walking in the families shoes who lost loved ones in that attack. This is outrageous and we can only pray those responsible will speak the truth. How can a person be "Demoted" for telling the truth? That is a major question and needs a respectful and truthful answer.
HammockBear

Unread postby hrslvr » Thu May 09, 2013 9:02 pm

Bernie was right on when he spoke of how young people get their news these days-where I work I see the 25-30 year-olds go on MSNBC or AOL news and look at the headlines for about 5 minutes each morning and then think they got all the important news of the day-and scary part is that they VOTE!
hrslvr

Unread postby kbswita » Thu May 09, 2013 11:35 pm

Tonite on OReilly you said that Americans don't care about Beghazi because its not a sexy story. Well, why not make it more appealing by doing a human interest story on the Ambassador.....wasnt Ambassador Stevens gay! That's all the rage right now. People would listen to that. Maybe the influential gay community would even be outraged when they learn more about Stevens. Was it because of his orientation in a country where homosexuality is still punishable that his safety wasn't taken seriously?
kbswita

Unread postby ncowles » Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 pm

I've been wanting to tell you this, Bernie, for a long time. I'm tired of you night after night putting all Americans in one basket, the basket that is out-of-touch with what's really happening. Tonight it was the Bengazie issue. Everyone I know is keenly aware of the facts and we consider it a conspiracy in hiding the truth that starts with the Oval Office. We must get this man out of office before the damage he's doing is unrepairable! Please focus on the real people of America who are smart enough to process the facts and come to logical, impartial conclusions on the topics that you and Mr. O'Reilly are talking about. Thank you.
ncowles

Unread postby Sonny » Fri May 10, 2013 11:56 am

Last night on O'Reilly I initially thought I didn't hear correctly when the mother of one of the people murdered in Benghazi said that all 3 culprits the President, Clinton and Rice told her, to her face, that the movie cause the attack. I thought that no decent human being let alone these 3 who are in the positions they're in would ever do something so despicable. It wasn't until you confirmed that at the beginning of your segment that I realized that I heard correctly. I cannot imagine being lied to about the death of your son especially while at a service for those that were murdered. It is a sad day for this country.
Sonny

Unread postby hil1234 » Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 pm

I cried with you last night, Bernie, for reasons we all understand. I'm not sure we can ever turn this around. May God bless and keep you!!

Please work on getting your on slot with Fox. The reasons are obvious!!
hil1234

Unread postby phollrah » Wed May 15, 2013 4:04 am

Bernie: Your put-down of "birthers" is truly beneath you. Inasmuch as Obama does not have a valid birth certificate, no one really knows where he was born. So don't put the doubters down until we all know the truth. What we know for a fact is that the customs records for people entering the US at Honolulu for the first week of August 1961 have been completely scrubbed. We also know for a fact that Obama uses a stolen Social Security numbers and that his draft registration card is a forgery. And we know for a fact that he cannot pass a simple E-verify test. So please don't put down the people who have truly honest questions to ask that Obama refuses to answer.
phollrah

Unread postby Veracity » Wed May 15, 2013 9:05 am

Bernie,
Your comment last night, "The birthers, these people who think he was born on Pluto or somewhere else, only help Barrack Obama." was very disapointing.
I don't consider myself a 'birther' but I do cherish the Constitution of this country and want proof that the biggest fraud possible has not been perpetrated on this country. I want the truth and so far it has not been forthcoming.
A COLB from the state of Hawaii at that time is proof of nothing. A microfiche of a newspaper article announcing the birth of someone at that time is NOT PROOF. A little research and you will find this to be true.
The ACTUAL microfiche of his birth certificate would be. Why can't 'we the people' see it? What's so difficult about producing it? Wouldn't it put this all to bed once and for all?

"The only people who don't want to disclose the truth are people with something to hide." - Barack Hussein Obama, II - August 21, 2010
Veracity

Unread postby Bud42 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:45 am

Since I don't have cable to see Fox News Live, I must use my computer to access Fox news videos to see and listen to.
Today, 5/15/13 at 10:15AM, I listened to O'Reilly and then a discussion with you and his comments about being on GMA with Stepanopolous. (sic)

A few points to make to both you and O'Reilly. Obama and his minions have a history.......a very questionable history at best! O'Reilly doesn't think that the current AP story is yet a scandal. You made a derogatory reference to those people who are "birthers." When do you and the rest of the media do your journalistic job of vetting? 5 plus years after the facts, when "smoking guns" about Obama, his appointees, etc. have surfaced, you are now doing the "who,
what, when, where, how and why" of basic journalism???

The "smoking guns" are an analogy of you 2 NOT seeing the forest from the trees! I'm 70 plus years old now, and very
disappointed that one's lack of "true" journalism is not in the forefront today.

We have 3 ongoing SCANDALS NOW OCCURRING within the current administration, so tell me when you guys recognize what we are seeing now, is more of the iceberg (past smoking guns)???
Bud42

Unread postby blackhandside » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:07 pm

On O'Reilly you talked about the black on black murders in Chicago, but gave no mention about the success in Chicago regarding education. There is a all black male school in Chicago that has had 100% of graduation over the last 3 years and 100% college acceptance. Why no mention of that? Why not talk about how we duplicate this schools efforts. Also what is acceptable behavior for young black males in public? How can we not get profiled as black men do I need to walk a certain way talk a certain way or makes me non threating?
blackhandside

Unread postby Independant » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:59 pm

Check out Bernie's coverage in 1992 of a case in Jacksonville Fl where a black 36 year old male killed a 15 year old white teenage boy. Bernie did a show about the case on 48 Hours. The shooter was Adrian Crump and the boy was Daniel Adams. The teenager was in a car with other boys and they had a slingshot. They hit Crump's window with a stone. Crump picked up his gun, left his house, and found the boys a block away parked in their car. He went up to the car and killed Adams at point blank range. He was found NOT GUILTY of manslaughter!!! NO-ONE RIOTED! And there were no cries to make it a Federal Case! So the next time someone asks 'What if the races were reversed?', cite this FLORIDA case!

This is paste from a guy in Florida...
Independant

Return to On TV