Your comments on NYT's incivility on the 9/24 Factor

Place for comments, discussions, and debate on topics raised during Bernie's TV segments.

Unread postby Mitchscove » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:56 am

You were way too easy on the Times in their reporting of the Gabrielle Giffords shooting ,,, and probably on media reporting of the tragedy in general. My interest stemmed from the live coverage on Fox by Shep Smith. During the coverage, a tweet came in from a Caitie Parker trying to ascertain whether the assailant was the same Jared Loughner she went to school with. I seem to remember this woman stating that the very liberal Jared Loughner she knew went to a Giffords event with her in 2007 and had some very negative things to say about the response he got from Blue Dog Democrat Gabrielle Giffords.
That the interaction was never mentioned again was troubling, particularly in the wake of Palin being blamed. Here's what I know that makes a much stronger case against the NYT and, perhaps, leftists in general wrt the tragedy on January 8, 2011. Feel free to check it out ,,, but you will get nowhere on Loughner's background, on Google for instance, without adding Caitie Parker to the search terms. Search engine bias?
January 3, 2011: Giffords joins a small number of Democrats in voting against Pelosi for minority leader.
January 5, 2011: Boyblue on dKos posts a rant about Giffords, ending with, "she is dead to me".
January 8, 2011: Giffords is shot.
Almost immediately after the shooting, an excuse from Boyblue showed up at the top of Google results list for any related search and Boyblue's inflammatory post was deleted from dKos.
As I'm scratching my head over the whole chain of events ,, that I presume few noticed, a picture of the new Jared Loughner shows up on TV ,,, the new Loughner having his head shaved ,,, looking like a lunatic.
So ,,, I question your assertion that Loughner is insane. I don't believe insane people carry around bad feelings for 4 years before acting on them. I also don't believe the emotion showed by Pelosi and most Democrats toward a moderate in their ranks.
Mitchscove

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to On TV