Bernies O"Reilly Visit on May 7th, 2012

Place for comments, discussions, and debate on topics raised during Bernie's TV segments.

Unread postby Vowel_Movement » Mon May 07, 2012 9:07 pm

Here is probably the"Smoking Gun" involved in the Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami of Norfolk Virginia beating incident. This information has been submitted to Fox News and to Bill O'Reilly but they have so far chosen not to reveal this suspicious fact. There is political motivation here, read for yourself.

The Publisher of the Virginian-Pilot was confirmed as deputy director of HUD two days after the Norfolk beating of Dave Forster and Marjon Rostami.

The publisher of the Norfolk Virginian-Pilot is / was Maurice Jones who was recently nominated and confirmed on April 18th by the Senate to be the Deputy Secretary of HUD. I'd presume that Jones began his new job on April 18th. Now it seems to me that on April 14th, 2012, at the time of the incident involving the beating under the shadow of the MLK Monument at Church and Brambleton in Norfolk. Maurice Jones was still the publisher of that paper.

It gets curiouser and curiouser!

Still i've heard of no statement from the "International Black Women's Congress" which has offices also located in the shadow of the MLK monument.
You'd think that someone in the black community might have had something to say?

Some background below

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-off ... tion-posts

Sanatized version.

Maurice A. Jones, Nominee for Deputy Secretary, Department of Housing and Urban Development

Maurice A. Jones is currently President and Publisher of Pilot Media, a position he has held since 2008. Previously, Mr. Jones served as Vice President of the Landmark Publishing Group within Landmark Media Enterprises, where he coordinated strategic planning efforts of several Landmark newspapers, including The News & Record in Greensboro, NC; The Roanoke Times; The Capital Gazette in Annapolis, MD; and Landmark Community Newspapers, Inc., based in Shelbyville, Kentucky. Mr. Jones previously served as Commissioner for the Virginia Department of Social Services, Deputy Chief of Staff for the Office of the Governor of Virginia, and a Partner in Venture Philanthropy Partners. During the Clinton Administration, he served as Legal Counsel, Deputy Director for Policy and Programs, and Director of the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund at the Department of the Treasury. Mr. Jones holds a B.A. from Hampden-Sydney College, an M.Phil. in International Relations from St. John’s College at Oxford University, and a J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law.
[url]
http://hamptonroads.com/2011/09/obama-n ... r-hud-post[/url]

Obama to nominate Pilot's publisher for HUD post
Posted to: Federal Government News
• 93 comments

Maurice Jones has been publisher of The Pilot since April 2008.

By Josh Brown
The Virginian-Pilot
© September 24, 2011
President Barack Obama intends to nominate Maurice Jones, the publisher of The Virginian-Pilot, as deputy secretary for the Department of Housing and Urban Development, the White House announced Friday.
Jones, 47, has been publisher of The Pilot since April 2008.
He has served as commissioner of the Virginia Department of Social Services and deputy chief of staff to then-Gov. Mark Warner. At the U.S. Treasury Department, Jones was special assistant to the general counsel. While at the Treasury, he also served as legal counsel to the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund and as director of the fund during the Clinton administration.
Jones will remain as publisher of The Pilot during the nomination process, said Mike Abernathy, president of Landmark Publishing Group and Landmark Community Newspapers LLC. Jones sits on the newspaper's editorial board and will not participate in any political endorsements the board makes during the nomination process, Abernathy said.
In a statement, Warner, now a U.S. senator, called Jones a "strong manager with a love of public service."
"Maurice was especially effective at building consensus and solving big problems," Warner said. "One of the biggest challenges we still face is the housing problem, and HUD will certainly benefit from Maurice's intellect, his proven management experience and his great people skills."
In the role as deputy secretary, Jones would manage HUD's day-to-day operations, including the department's more than $40 billion budget and more than 8,500 employees.
Jones, who declined to comment on the nomination, joined Landmark in March 2005 and the following January was named vice president and general manager of the newspaper.
"We have nothing but positive things to say about Maurice," Abernathy said. "And obviously other people think as highly of him as we do."
Abernathy said it would be too soon to comment on a replacement for Jones if he isconfirmed by the U.S. Senate.
A native of Kenbridge in south-central Virginia, Jones graduated at the top of his class at Hampden-Sydney College, then went to Oxford University on a Rhodes Scholarship. He received a law degree from the University of Virginia and worked for the law firm of Hunton & Williams.
If confirmed by the Senate, he would succeed Ronald C. Sims, who retired.
Pilot writer Bill Bartel contributed to this report.
Josh Brown, (757) 446-2318, josh.brown@pilotonline.com

[url]
http://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src ... DNo.12-070[/url]

HUD No. 12-070
Jereon Brown
(202) 402-6628 FOR RELEASE
Wednesday
April 18, 2012
MAURICE JONES SWORN IN AS HUD’ S DEPUTY SECRETARY
WASHINGTON – Maurice Jones was sworn in today as the Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Jones was confirmed by the U.S. Senate on March 29, 2012. As the second most senior official at HUD, Jones will be charged with managing the Department's day-to-day operations, a nearly $47 billion annual operating budget, and the agency's 8,900 employees.
“President Obama and Secretary Donovan have blessed me with the opportunity to join HUD during this critical period when we continue to support a fragile recovery from an historic housing crisis,” said Jones. “I’m ready to help continue transforming an organization charged with moving beyond the yesterday’s experiences to tackle today’s challenges and those we’ll face tomorrow.”
“Maurice has one of the strongest public and private sector track records I’ve seen for building consensus and solving big problems,” said HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan “As we continue to confront our current housing challenges, HUD will certainly benefit from Maurice's intellect, his proven management experience and his great people skills.”

Jones added, “Public service has been a passion of mine since my high school days in rural Lunenburg County, Virginia. As a ninth grader, I was fortunate enough to be selected to serve as a page during that year's legislative session of the Virginia General Assembly. The experience changed my life. I resolved then and there to enter public service when I grew up so that I too could work to make things better.”
Jones most recently worked in Norfolk, Virginia as President of Pilot Media, the largest print and digital organization in Hampton Roads. Pilot Media’s businesses include The Virginian-Pilot newspaper, Pilot Interactive and Targeted Publications and Media. Jones served as President and Publisher of The Virginian-Pilot, the locally owned and managed newspaper founded in 1865.
Jones joined Landmark Media Enterprises, owner of Pilot Media, in 2005, serving as Vice President of the Landmark Publishing Group, consisting of multiple newspapers including the News & Record in Greensboro, NC; The Roanoke Times; The Capital Gazette in Annapolis, MD; and Landmark Community Newspapers, Inc., based in Shelbyville, Ky. In 2006 Jones became the Vice President and General Manager of Pilot Media and in 2008 he became president and publisher of The Virginian-Pilot.

A Kenbridge, Virginia native, Jones also served as commissioner of the Virginia Department of Social Services and deputy chief of staff to then-Virginia Governor Mark Warner. At the U.S. Treasury Department, Jones was special assistant to the general counsel and he also served as legal counsel to the Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFI) Fund and as director of the fund during the Clinton Administration. Jones also worked for the law firm of Hunton & Williams in Richmond, Virginia and he was a partner at a Partner in Venture Philanthropy Partners, a firm that invests millions in the Washington, DC metropolitan area to assist low-income children.

Jones graduated from Hampden-Sydney College in Hampden-Sydney, Virginia and attended Oxford University in England on a Rhodes scholarship. He later earned a law degree from the University of Virginia.
###

HUD's mission is to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all.
HUD is working to strengthen the housing market to bolster the economy and protect consumers; meet the
need for quality affordable rental homes: utilize housing as a platform for improving quality of life; build
inclusive and sustainable communities free from discrimination; and transform the way HUD does business.
Vowel_Movement

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bernies O"Reilly Visit on May 7th, 2012

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Tue May 08, 2012 2:50 am

VM,

Welcome to the site, and please consider providing links instead of posting the whole story.

Thanks,

Jeffreydan
Site Moderator
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!

Re: Bernies O"Reilly Visit on May 7th, 2012

Unread postby bobnboston » Wed May 09, 2012 8:38 am

"No news from norfolk."
As journalist Bernie and Bill reported from a journalists "bias", point of view.
Bernie mentioned deny ? - My opinion, as a denial of news and editing of facts to suit media and journalist
subjective bias ?
As Bernie says in his book "Arrogance", - the only racist and bigots are southern white males
over 5 years old. (in jest?). And, you know that is true because Joy Baynor (sp?) on the "View",
said blacks cannot be racist.
"Arrogance", meaning narcissistic elitist, denial and refusal to report and be objective.
Those who live in a concrete jungle can see only across the street.(IMO)

The censored, edited and REPEATED by the media, of the "3 SECOND", T.V. tape of the Rodney King story
caused a billion dollar riot and destruction. Thanks to irresponsible media journalism ! and objective reporting ??
Also, same for the T. Martin Death.

What other news is NOT reported, edited and censored by the Media PROPAGANDIST.
bobnboston

Return to On TV