Finally some Common Sense!!!

Place for comments, discussions, and debate on topics raised during Bernie's TV segments.

Unread postby reherring » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:08 pm

I listened to Bernie on the news a few moments ago and was thrilled to hear some common sense on TV! The media coverage of the shooting in Florida has been based on racial bias. All of the nation's civil rights leaders are there to proclaim injustice in this matter. These civil rights leaders and the media are the reason that racial tension exists in this country today. I have spent my life not seeing color when I look at people. The only time that race enters my mind is when it is brought up by those screaming for attention. To prove the media bias, consider this. How many people have heard about the tragic killing of a white college student in MS? The young man was killed by 3 black men yet there has been no media coverage, no white civil rights leaders leading protests or facebook petitions. Simply put, race will stop being an issue when people who profit by it stop getting attention.
reherring

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Finally some Common Sense!!!

Unread postby Mango1488 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:25 pm

I am writing this because I just saw an Interview with Bernie on America Live. In this interview you stated over the past few days you have received messages telling you that you were racist for your comments involving the Ggeorge Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin case. I must say I do not agree with those comments! You pointed out some very good subjects in the matter which I am glad someone finally stood up and pointed out. The main being the subject of this being a "Blacks and Whites" crime. In this case if something worng was done than I too hope there is justice served. If Zimmerman did commit a crime then there should be consiquences in the matter. This should be about a young man that was shot and an older man that did the shooting... not a white man shooting a black child! Goldberg stated in the interview that "Racism in America seems to be a wound that wont heal." I agree with this from the bottom of my heart as it seems so very true. I don't see it true as there is still a huge presence of racism in the country but more true that everytime something comes up involving African Americans it is automatically due to the color of their skin and not the act that was actually accuring. I am a white catholic male but have friends of many different races and religions. We have inside jokes based on both race and religion. I bring this up for the matter of a joke i was sharing with one of my friends one day in a social setting. After the joke someone told me a was an A** and being racist, however my friend that is black asked the other why they were offended? after all they weren't black and the joke was not directed to them. the person told my friend he was being "unloyal" to his "race" by letting me get away with the joke. My friend stated he thought it was funny and had a come back to the joke with one of his own. This joke may have been race motivated but in no way does it mean i am racist! Actually i am far from! The reason I use this case though is based on the fact just because something is said doesn't mean it is racist or prejudice toward a certain people. A great example it blond and your momma jokes... Everytime one of these jokes is braught up or someone's mother or sister is victimized in a crime it is not singled out as, this happened because they were a mother or they were blond! I know there is a difference in the history of it, but it boils down to me as the censorship of America has become a joke due to the fact that the past can not be layed to rest. In some situations it seems not that it can not be layed to rest but WILL NOT be layed to rest and is presented at every chance possible. If I state I do not like the President, some automatically assume it's because he is black and I am racist... not looking at the fact its because in my oppinion he has run this country into the ground. The past is to be not forgotten but to be learned from and avoid things from happeneing again. This doesn't mean at every point something needs to be braught up that was just like or similar to it. Sorry for the some what of a rant but this is a subject that had plegued America and I am soooo glad someone is standing up and pointing this out that has a voice and lets it be known for those who are not in the possition to let it be heard. Keep up the good work Mr. Goldberg!
Mango1488

Unread postby Mango1488 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:26 pm

One more thing I wanted to point out was a fact on George Zimmerman. It was reported he had contacted police some 40+ times over that past year... Not all these phone calls were because the person he though was sespicious were black! They were of many different races, even "white" Americans. If anything Zimmerman was paraniod... Not racist!!!
Mango1488

Unread postby claire » Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:53 am

Mango1488 wrote:I am writing this because I just saw an Interview with Bernie on America Live. In this interview you stated over the past few days you have received messages telling you that you were racist for your comments involving the Ggeorge Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin case. I must say I do not agree with those comments! You pointed out some very good subjects in the matter which I am glad someone finally stood up and pointed out. The main being the subject of this being a "Blacks and Whites" crime. In this case if something worng was done than I too hope there is justice served. If Zimmerman did commit a crime then there should be consiquences in the matter. This should be about a young man that was shot and an older man that did the shooting... not a white man shooting a black child! Goldberg stated in the interview that "Racism in America seems to be a wound that wont heal." I agree with this from the bottom of my heart as it seems so very true. I don't see it true as there is still a huge presence of racism in the country but more true that everytime something comes up involving African Americans it is automatically due to the color of their skin and not the act that was actually accuring. I am a white catholic male but have friends of many different races and religions. We have inside jokes based on both race and religion. I bring this up for the matter of a joke i was sharing with one of my friends one day in a social setting. After the joke someone told me a was an A** and being racist, however my friend that is black asked the other why they were offended? after all they weren't black and the joke was not directed to them. the person told my friend he was being "unloyal" to his "race" by letting me get away with the joke. My friend stated he thought it was funny and had a come back to the joke with one of his own. This joke may have been race motivated but in no way does it mean i am racist! Actually i am far from! The reason I use this case though is based on the fact just because something is said doesn't mean it is racist or prejudice toward a certain people. A great example it blond and your momma jokes... Everytime one of these jokes is braught up or someone's mother or sister is victimized in a crime it is not singled out as, this happened because they were a mother or they were blond! I know there is a difference in the history of it, but it boils down to me as the censorship of America has become a joke due to the fact that the past can not be layed to rest. In some situations it seems not that it can not be layed to rest but WILL NOT be layed to rest and is presented at every chance possible. If I state I do not like the President, some automatically assume it's because he is black and I am racist... not looking at the fact its because in my oppinion he has run this country into the ground. The past is to be not forgotten but to be learned from and avoid things from happeneing again. This doesn't mean at every point something needs to be braught up that was just like or similar to it. Sorry for the some what of a rant but this is a subject that had plegued America and I am soooo glad someone is standing up and pointing this out that has a voice and lets it be known for those who are not in the possition to let it be heard. Keep up the good work Mr. Goldberg!

Wow, I have learn a lot from your post and reply, thank you so much.
claire

Unread postby ARJ127 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:26 pm

Hmmmm

Bernie and common sense in the same sentence. Nah.
ARJ127
Media pundit

Unread postby flyphish56 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:38 pm

ARJ127 wrote:Hmmmm

And then there are those that wouldn't know common sense were it to jump up and down on their chest.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
George Washington
flyphish56
Media pundit

Unread postby trailmix » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:25 am

flyphish56 wrote:
ARJ127 wrote:Hmmmm

And then there are those that wouldn't know common sense were it to jump up and down on their chest.

Ditto
trailmix
Media observer

Return to On TV