Conservatives are Bigots

Place for comments, discussions, and debate on topics raised during Bernie's TV segments.

Re: Conservatives are Bigots

Unread postby jerrypxyz1 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:38 pm

Perhaps Bernie, you should have your staff research the incidence of homosexuals and pedophilia. As a percentage, they are from 5 to 10 times more likely to commit sexual child molestation. NOT RAW NUMBERS, as there are 50 times as many heterosexuals. Another way to look at it is homosexuals commit 30% of ALL molestation and they are 2 to3% of the population. Are you and Bill really looking out for the kids?
jerrypxyz1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:47 pm

jerrypxyz1 wrote:Perhaps Bernie, you should have your staff research the incidence of homosexuals and pedophilia. As a percentage, they are from 5 to 10 times more likely to commit sexual child molestation. NOT RAW NUMBERS, as there are 50 times as many heterosexuals. Another way to look at it is homosexuals commit 30% of ALL molestation and they are 2 to3% of the population. Are you and Bill really looking out for the kids?

This thread is about what Bernie said on O'Reilly's show last night, on the topic of Ellen Degeneres representing J.C. Penney. Focus on the topic, please.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!

Unread postby Norm66 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:40 pm

You know the media never ceases to amaze me. Mr. Goldberg, I mostly like and respect your point of view, but spinning this into conservatives are gay bashing and Ellen does not deserve this is nuts. If this is OK in God's eyes...why is it called Coming out of the closet...I'm so tired very tired of hearing about the gay rights, movement, etc. Where is justice for all people? I don't care about their lifestyle, but it's made our society sink like the Pagans of old. Shun God and he takes away his favor. Why is there so much suffering,etc right now. It's because we are living for ourselves and what our government can do for us. What about caring for others for a change. Let's worry more about turning to God and less about what gays are doing in there lives. Stop the insanity people and love one another.
Norm66

Unread postby Senachek » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:49 pm

Bernie,
You're comments on the O'Reilly show last night about bigotry among some conservatives is spot on.
Thank you for saying what needs to be said and for standing up to the truth.
The notion that homosexuality is a "lifestyle" choice drives much of this bigotry along with the unfounded belief that homosexuality is wrong, unnatural, and gay people are pedophiles and sodomites.
I am a devout Catholic who knows that homosexuality exists in the plant and animal kingdom among species incapable of making such choices. Each of these, however, is one of God's magnificent, unique creations. And sexuality is but a small part of that uniqueness; it is not the defining trait as many would suggest. The hyper emphasis this trait in the current culture provides a pathway to beliefs such as this. And although sex continues to sell, we ought not buy it.

Each of us instinctively knows what our sexual preference is. We also know it's not a trait we can change.
If it were true that homosexuality is a lifestyle preference, then heterosexuality is a lifestyle, too, and anyone, regardless of sexual preference, can easily follow the dictates of that lifestyle at anytime. Absurd.
Ellen is a human being who happens to be gay. May God continue to bless her with His choicest blessings. She'll be a good ad spokesperson for JCP.
Senachek

Unread postby warrenwessel » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:13 pm

I agree with a lot of people that posted. I normally agree with Bernie, but he has to understand that if he wants to be a conservative, he has to throw away his past liberal tendencies to 1) Paint with the broad stoke, 2) the arrogance to think he knows what is in someone’s heart, 3) to assume everyone but a few crazies think like him, and 4) lie, distort, and ignore facts.

His trying to compare homosexual behavior to being of a certain race is distorting things. You can't decide what race you are. You can decide on what you want to do with your body. As Rick Warren says " I am naturally inclined to have sex with every beautiful women I see, but that doesn't it is the right thing to do". If you are a Christian as I am, it isn't about what I think is right or how I feel, it is what God commands. Homosexuality is mentioned as a sin 7 different times in the Bible. In the story of Sodom & Gomorrah, the only sin mentioned is when the male town's people wanted to have sex with the angels God sent to Lot. Those that say it is open to interpretation are like most liberals. They follow their feelings. Is it really showing love to someone if you allow him or her to live in a sinful life that can lead him or her to the gates of hell? Love is having the courage to instruct them as to what God tells us in his word. That is why the left doesn't want to do this. Courage isn't their strongest asset.
warrenwessel

Unread postby GodBlessTheUSA » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:43 pm

I find it very interesting that the very hate in the tone of a lot of these messages is exactly what God is NOT. God is a God of love, patience, and understanding. Religion specifies that sins such as stealing, coveting another man's wife, eating oysters, etc, are all evil and against God's will. Jesus came to show us proud high and mighty people that there is no one who is above sin. We are all sinners and directed us NOT to judge, lest we be judged- a sin in and of itself. That, to me, means to even say or believe that homosexuality is a sin, makes us a judge and therefore the sinner we so hatefully condemn. It's an easy out to say love the sinner, hate the sin because people misinterpret that to give justification to hating people for what they assume they do. There are people in this world who identify one way or another, some have sex with other men, but never commit what some call the sin sodomy. If we spent more time searching our hearts and seeking the Spirit, we would find His Peace without judgement, without a care whether some guy loves another guy or some girl loves another girl. To me, sin would be someone who lied to their partner about having sex with another person or a man who raped a girl or a police officer who accepted a bribe- not two people of the same gender who love each other so much that they want to share a physical union. I have seen two people who care so much about each other that they would sacrifice even necessities of food and water for the other person and as a happenstance are two men who attest they love each other in a committed relationship. I don't know about their private life. I don't think about it much because it is private and none of my business. But when I observe them look into each other's eyes, I know I have seen the face of God. I see Love.

I have to agree that there is a certain part of our conservative group who fit Bernie's definition of bigot. The facts are the facts.
GodBlessTheUSA

Unread postby warrenwessel » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:34 am

GodBlessTheUSA wrote:I find it very interesting that the very hate in the tone of a lot of these messages is exactly what God is NOT. God is a God of love, patience, and understanding. Religion specifies that sins such as stealing, coveting another man's wife, eating oysters, etc, are all evil and against God's will. Jesus came to show us proud high and mighty people that there is no one who is above sin. We are all sinners and directed us NOT to judge, lest we be judged- a sin in and of itself. That, to me, means to even say or believe that homosexuality is a sin, makes us a judge and therefore the sinner we so hatefully condemn. It's an easy out to say love the sinner, hate the sin because people misinterpret that to give justification to hating people for what they assume they do. There are people in this world who identify one way or another, some have sex with other men, but never commit what some call the sin sodomy. If we spent more time searching our hearts and seeking the Spirit, we would find His Peace without judgement, without a care whether some guy loves another guy or some girl loves another girl. To me, sin would be someone who lied to their partner about having sex with another person or a man who raped a girl or a police officer who accepted a bribe- not two people of the same gender who love each other so much that they want to share a physical union. I have seen two people who care so much about each other that they would sacrifice even necessities of food and water for the other person and as a happenstance are two men who attest they love each other in a committed relationship. I don't know about their private life. I don't think about it much because it is private and none of my business. But when I observe them look into each other's eyes, I know I have seen the face of God. I see Love.

I have to agree that there is a certain part of our conservative group who fit Bernie's definition of bigot. The facts are the facts.

Again, you are a liberal and you are using what you feel. "Lean not on your own understanding". God says, "If you love me keep my commandments". If you really believe that God accepts the homosexual lifestyle, don't you think there would be an example of it in the Bible? Again you are a liberal and just proved my points. You don't follow what the Bible says. Jesus said, "I did not come to bring Peace but the sword". He also said he came to "fulfill the law not to abolish it". See that is the problem with the liberal mindset. You want to pick and choose. You want to make it so you can do whatever you want without consequences. God is Love, but he is also Just. He gave us his laws and we are to follow them and admonish each other in love when we break his laws. We know his laws from the Bible. There is a difference between "judging" and discernment. You are judging by saying people are bigots. I am looking to God's will by reading the Bible. Love the sinner, hate the sin.
warrenwessel

Unread postby wackybigot » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:37 pm

Bernie I amire you for having chucked a lot of your leftist views. That was and is no easy task, including losing some possible old friends. However, you sir are the bigot for trying to say that conservatives are bigots for opposing homosexuality. I was really surprised at you but I must surmise that you have just not been informed enough to make that assertion. First, historically homosexuality has been viewed as deviant conduct, even in societies that worship pagan gods. A very elemental anatomy lesson makes it obvious why. However, the scientific community made it deviant conduct throughout history up until the politically correct 70's changed that thinking through the protests of gay rights groups and others in the scientific community of the American Psychological Association meetings concerning their analysis of homosexuality. In 1968 the DSM I had a category of homosexuality and it was listed as sexual deviation, by 1973 the DSM III had under pressure dropped the category of homosexuality and replaced it with sexual orientation disturbance. Of course as time went on it was completely dropped. The main stream (you know those two words mean trouble right Bernie) Christian Denominations under pressure from gay rights and other groups were forced to do semantic contortions on the biblical admonitions against homosexuality. Does this mean that the remaining Christian believers firmly grounded in the biblical, historical, logical, and spiritual practice of their faith should hate homosexuals. No more so than the woman caught in adultery, are you familiar with that bible story Bernie? You often hear it end with judge not lest you be judged. Well the rest of it says that Jesus told her to go and sin no more. So unfortunately we are left with the quandary that to try to help people be moral not only for their spiritual welfare but in their just plain satisfaction in living a life that is not filled with emotional torture-which homosexuality leads to more so than hetereosexuality---see pre-politically correct scientific thought above. The quandary leads us to be called bigots. We know that many people choose homosexuality---many have told us that. However, there is also a definitely a physiological component to homosexuality. Many people are obviously born with hormone imbalances and physical mutations. However, the amazing thing to me is that I rarely if ever hear of a Charity being given more female hormones to make her more of a Charity, rather than male ones to make her a Chaz. Thanks for the forum, I fell much better now.
wackybigot

Unread postby wackybigot » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:47 pm

One thing I left out of my lengthy prior post is that you need not worry your current thinking about us Christian bigots (which I hope will change) because not only will your thinking prevail but homosexuality will become rampant. See Luke 17:29,30 As it was in the days of Lot (homosexuality was in great abundance) even though shall it be in the day when the Son of man (Jesus) will be revealed. The will be revealed part Jesus goes on to say is his second coming.
Thanks again for the forum to respond Bernie---even though you are woefully wrong you are a stand up guy.
wackybigot

Unread postby charlesk » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:05 pm

It is not bigotry to intelligently oppose something, in this case sexual deviancy. Daniel Patrick Moynihan correctly warned of the danger inherent in dumbing deviancy down, i.e., being mindlessly tolerant. In the case of supporting homosexuality, or rather, homosexuals' alleged right to openly practice it while the rest of us have to suppress our disapproval the question arises, where does it stop? Do the homosexual rights people support likewise polygamy, pedophilia, forced child marriage, bestiality (if the the beast consents,of course) and whatever other deviancy comes along? If not, how do they justify only supporting what they do support?
BTW, denouncing something as McCarthyism ignores the fact that there were"Reds under the bed". Read the Venona papers if you don't believe me.
charlesk

Unread postby wackybigot » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:16 pm

warrenwessel wrote:
GodBlessTheUSA wrote:I find it very interesting that the very hate in the tone of a lot of these messages is exactly what God is NOT. God is a God of love, patience, and understanding. Religion specifies that sins such as stealing, coveting another man's wife, eating oysters, etc, are all evil and against God's will. Jesus came to show us proud high and mighty people that there is no one who is above sin. We are all sinners and directed us NOT to judge, lest we be judged- a sin in and of itself. That, to me, means to even say or believe that homosexuality is a sin, makes us a judge and therefore the sinner we so hatefully condemn. It's an easy out to say love the sinner, hate the sin because people misinterpret that to give justification to hating people for what they assume they do. There are people in this world who identify one way or another, some have sex with other men, but never commit what some call the sin sodomy. If we spent more time searching our hearts and seeking the Spirit, we would find His Peace without judgement, without a care whether some guy loves another guy or some girl loves another girl. To me, sin would be someone who lied to their partner about having sex with another person or a man who raped a girl or a police officer who accepted a bribe- not two people of the same gender who love each other so much that they want to share a physical union. I have seen two people who care so much about each other that they would sacrifice even necessities of food and water for the other person and as a happenstance are two men who attest they love each other in a committed relationship. I don't know about their private life. I don't think about it much because it is private and none of my business. But when I observe them look into each other's eyes, I know I have seen the face of God. I see Love.

It may be impossible to not sin but that doesn't mean we are not supposed to strive for it. People run in races all the time they don't win but most don't quit when they see they are not going to win. Jesus told the woman caught in adultery "go and sin NO more"

Again, you are a liberal and you are using what you feel. "Lean not on your own understanding". God says, "If you love me keep my commandments". If you really believe that God accepts the homosexual lifestyle, don't you think there would be an example of it in the Bible? Again you are a liberal and just proved my points. You don't follow what the Bible says. Jesus said, "I did not come to bring Peace but the sword". He also said he came to "fulfill the law not to abolish it". See that is the problem with the liberal mindset. You want to pick and choose. You want to make it so you can do whatever you want without consequences. God is Love, but he is also Just. He gave us his laws and we are to follow them and admonish each other in love when we break his laws. We know his laws from the Bible. There is a difference between "judging" and discernment. You are judging by saying people are bigots. I am looking to God's will by reading the Bible. Love the sinner, hate the sin.
wackybigot

Unread postby wackybigot » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:30 pm

Far be it that Obama won because of Bernies' misguided and uniformed thinking on this topic. It was because there was little "perceived" difference between George Bush and Obama. (see supreme court nominees to disprove the "preceived" falacy) Not that he was too conservative but not conservative enough especially in monetary matters. How do you think the conservatives took Congress, many state legislatures, and governors seats in 2010.
Conservative is not infallible but it makes the most sense financially, and morally if it stays true to its roots.
wackybigot

Unread postby WeaponOfMassInstruction » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 pm

JC Penny's is free to hire whomever they desire to promote their products, and we, the customers, are free to choose to buy or not to buy based on Penny's decision(s). If enough people vote with their wallets, you can be that Penny's will either expands advertising including DeGeneres or suddenly figure out a reason to cancel her endorsement deal, depending on the way the customers vote with said wallets.

If Bernie equated opposing homosexuality with bigotry, then I think he made a mistake, as people of good conscience can oppose homosexuality without being prejudiced. It seems that the Left is trying their best to equate opposition to Obama with racism and now this inanity. I tend to be more libertarian on this topic but I certainly understand where religious-based opposition originates and I'm not about to fault someone for 'clinging' to their religion, as I've been known to be a "clinger" myself, albeit of the non-bitter variety.
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
William F. Buckley, Jr.
WeaponOfMassInstruction
Mod Team

Previous

Return to On TV