Interuptions

Place for comments, discussions, and debate on topics raised during Bernie's TV segments.

Interuptions

Unread postby Michael Henkle » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Dear Mr. Goldberg,

Thank you, thank you, thank you, this is my first post, after being a member all of ten minutes now, I could not wait to let you know how grateful I am you told Mr. O'reilley how sick and tired so many of us are of his constant interuptions. I am an avid fan of the Fox lineup, but when it comes to Mr. O's show, after the talking points I find myself fast forwarding through most of the show, looking for guest like yourself who will speak up. So many times he has had on guest I was looking forward to their opinions, then Mr. O wasted most of the limited time they were allotted interupting them. I have been watching The Factor for almost three years now and the problem has definitely worsened, it is to the point where I am considering deleteing the show from my DVR programing schedule. Please keep letting him know how much of a pinhead he has become.

Thanks for the ear,
Mike
Michael Henkle

Interuptions

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Interuptions

Unread postby Phinehas » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Michael Henkle, actually Goldberg's admonishment was towards Laura Ingraham during her last guest host in reference to the Rangel interview, not towards O’Reilly.
Sector 8023 is stuck on Ground Hog day.
"I will wait for the truth to find me but I will never leave it to you." - Versant
Phinehas
Media observer

Unread postby willybrin » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:37 pm

Dear Mr. Goldberg,

I completely agree with your comments re the Fox TV hosts interrupting their guests. Why invite people to appear on the show and then not allow them to speak their mind? O'Reilly says "If they are lying, I have to interrupt them." Let them speak! If their arguments are that fallacious they will hang themselves.

Hannity does the same thing. Late last week he had on his show an academic (long blond hair, female) on remote link. He wouldn't let the person speak -- apparently because she was a "liberal", or an Obama supporter, or subscribed to Keynsian economics -- whatever. Why invite her on? "Everyone has a right to their stupid opinion." Let her speak -- maybe she will be "hoist by her own petard".

Regards
willybrin

Unread postby robin in fl » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:54 pm

I must agree with both willybrin and m henkle,these interuptions that so many seem to do now after asking the guest a question and never giving them a chance to reply are down right rude.seems like the louder and faster a person speaks over a person after asking a question without giving them a chance to reply is the 'norm' now...if anyone has ever seen chris matthews on msnbc,he is one of the worst for doing that.
Mr Goldberg seems to call it as he sees it.Very refreshing,
I have learned you can't please everyone ..................But it's possible to make'em all mad at the same time.
robin in fl
Media analyst

Unread postby Phinehas » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:37 pm

Goldberg is off the mark. These guests are given the chance to answer the questions but they never do. Ingraham versus Rangle was recent example. Here is one other with Ingraham...face it, she just doesn't take any of their b.s.....which to me is refreshing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7RPtpX_ ... ata_player
Sector 8023 is stuck on Ground Hog day.
"I will wait for the truth to find me but I will never leave it to you." - Versant
Phinehas
Media observer

Return to On TV