You & O'Reilly...

Place for comments, discussions, and debate on topics raised during Bernie's TV segments.

You & O'Reilly...

Unread postby Cari50 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:57 pm

Hi Bernie... I love you and your patience and class in putting up with Bill O'Reilly. I do enjoy his program because he has so many good people on, but his ARROGANCE just keeps increasing as does his disdane for you and Mary Catherine Hamm in particular. You are a 'class act' and I respect you immensely for putting up with Bill's superior attitude. YOU are a true gentleman - he is a bully. He always HAS BEEN an intelligent man but his ego and superior attitude have really become obnoxious over the last few years. My niece met Bill MANY YEARS ago in California when he was a tall, brash youngl reporter who insulted her to her face for being obese as he pushed her aside to interview another young person in the "CCC".

Please take care of yourself - you are a charished vision in many viewer's eyes.
Cari
Cari50

You & O'Reilly...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: You & O'Reilly...

Unread postby Devalzadvok8 » Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:56 am

Bernie,

SUBJECT: Interview Techniques:

With some anger I watched the segment with you and O'Reilly Monday [22 Aug] night. You were spot on - 100%. Not only that, but O'Reilly quickly demonstrated the very interview flaws that you pointed out. I note that you were not too happy with his performance, either. O'Reilly has a problem. He is conceited, arrogant, rude, runs over the top of the people he has asked to speak, and generally hogs the session under the pretense that he is being "fair and balanced". Hogwash!

O'Reilly needs to take lessons from Neil Cavuto on how to more gracefully handle the people he interviews. It's either that, or he should just put a cabbage head on the other side of the table and direct his comments in the direction of that vegetable.

I am a conservative and a Republican - in spite of listening to O'Reilly. At one time he was entertaining, even though pushing little substance across the table. He is now no longer relevant. I appreciate your self control and discipline in not losing your temper with him. Fortunately, I do not make my living off of FOX News, so I can say what I want. In this respect I am luckier than you.

Good luck, and I appreciate the rationalilty and logic you bring to the Tube. And, you can pass this on to O'Reilly if you want.

Yours truly,

Devalzadvok8/Rod Currie
Edit: P.S. Don't know how to turn off description of myself that apparently shows up from previous poster. How do I do this? T.I.A.
Devalzadvok8

Unread postby heiny » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:06 am

bernie,
guess what. i'm a democrat. hope i'm not wasting your time. thank you for your comments on o'reilly. what's the big deal? so charlie rangle made the statement that offended the female on fox news. she offends me every time i listen in on fox. o'reilly is so inflated he may be bigger than fox itself. do you ever get the feeling that he is interested in nothing that comes out of anyone's mouth but his own? he is overbearing and egotistical. gee, i guess he knows everything!!! or maybe not. anyway, i was really surprised that you brought him down off his "high horse". i scan msnbc, fox, and cnn. none are totally right, or left. i listen to all, and then i make my mind up. they don't make it up for me. agree with you or not...you've got b...s to challenge the guy that could probably make you or break you. bjh.
heiny

Unread postby realchomp » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:38 am

until now I Had Much Respect for all you had to say!
Hopefully what you said on Oreilly tonight was simple ignorance not stupidity..ignorance can be fixed..i suggest you either google Dr Kent Hovind and either obtain and watch his 7 part series on evolution or google and watch the seminars individually starting with titles like "100 reasons evolution is stupid" or "the age of the earth"
no man can serve two masters, you either believe the bible and what it teaches, or you go along to get along with the people paid to force taxpayers to subsidize their religion of evolution (and it IS a religion as there is ZERO proof for ANY of it!)
sincerely
Bernard Aho
realchomp

Unread postby Buffalo » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:26 am

Bernie,
I agree 100% with everything Cari said, in the August 1 post, so I wont repeat it here. But, I would like to expand on it, by saying that O'Reilly's claim that the only time he interupts his guest, is when they start to lie, or make a speech (both good, legitimate times to do so), is Total, Abject Bull. I believe that Bill , himself, does not really understand why he interupts so often, when neither the lie or speech is happening. I think his ego requires that HE make the point instead of allowing an intelligent guest (maybe even almost as intellegent as he) to make it. He inevitably interupts just as the guest has laid the premise and is about to culminate the point. I don't know how Bernie can stand it. Hang in there. You do an excellent job.

Buffalo
Buffalo

Unread postby Topher » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:17 am

realchomp wrote:ignorance can be fixed..i suggest you either google Dr Kent Hovind

"Dr" Kent Hovind? The guy with a correspondence "doctorate" in Christian education from the non-accredited Patriot University? The guy currently incarcerated at ADX Florence? That Kent Hovind?

Yeah, he'll fix your ignorance. :roll:

Topher
Topher Kersting
Topher
Media pundit

Unread postby Phinehas » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:04 pm

Careful there Topher, Ad Hominem.
Sector 8023 is stuck on Ground Hog day.
"I will wait for the truth to find me but I will never leave it to you." - Versant
Phinehas
Media observer

Unread postby Topher » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:12 am

Phinehas wrote:Careful there Topher, Ad Hominem.

Yawn. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/hovind/

If *anyone* is worthy of an ad hominem attack, it's this shyster.

Topher
Topher Kersting
Topher
Media pundit

Unread postby Phinehas » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:49 am

Yawn. I could care less what the link shows. It's still a fallacy. Attack the argument not the person. I would say the same for somebody that calls Dawkins a pompous ass and Hitchens a drunk. Though true, it doesn't have any direct bearing on the arguments they make.
Sector 8023 is stuck on Ground Hog day.
"I will wait for the truth to find me but I will never leave it to you." - Versant
Phinehas
Media observer

Return to On TV