Our wars as of rencent times

A place to debate non-current political and media topics.

Unread postby charlie johnson » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:52 pm

If you pay much attention to the US military over the last 70 years you will see we come up short on intelligence at the top as our greatest weakness.Our forces train for warfare in any conditions,Artic,Desert Urban warfare,Jungle and sea warfare.Now cyberwarfare. Our enemies are not really that dumb.They lure us into a place and ambush us because we are out of our element.Vietnam.Korea. Afghanistan,Iraq. Now the Baltics.I knew people who would laugh at Vietnam veterans.Most had no combat experience ,Or even military experience of any kind.This was the early days of Afghanistan and Iraq.We did really well in those early days.We lost 55 thousand in Vietnam and 17 thousand in Korea.In the early days of the two later wars.Maybe 100 or a few more. But I said.The lazer guided bomb is good in a desert.Not very useful in jungles.High tech gadgets will only get you into the ballpark. But our enemies,(I suspect) can draw us into a great ambush without a lot of effort on their part. We have the highest education up there at the top,How can anyone be smarter? I remember the early days when computer were installed in banks.There could be no mistakes.The bankers said that computers never lie.They were the educated.Just as those who told the world that the Titanic was unsinkable. The educators assume their product contains an equal amount of wisdom.We have an educated idiot running the USA today. Leading from the rear is the best position to avoid the kill zone of an ambush.
charlie johnson
Media analyst

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Historical Issues