"Back iin the day"

A place to debate non-current political and media topics.

"Back iin the day"

Unread postby charlie johnson » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:42 am

I don't go to many movies or rent them to play at home.The quote above likely came from a movie.If you don't keep up with Hollywood you will loose communications with your fellow humans.Here is another that goes around down here along the Gulf coast in La. "WE DO IT ALL!" You may hear that at shops about once a week.In these times there are few who think their own thoughts. We are a nation of parrots.One spin doctor somewhere teaches the parrots to say whatever he wants said. We were once creative people.We had a lot of inventors. We had creative thinkers. Today we are a great huddle of mindless zombies.Well educated mindless zombies.A lot of Hollywood movies are reconstructed from old movies of the past. Great writers copy from former great writers. I believe in the time of Shakespeare that there was more available time to think.Today,We get fast thinkers as original as a hamburger off the counter of a Mc Donalds cafe.People are like monkeys and watch for the latest trends. The quality of a product is the final finish of the paint. We have become superficial persons.We elect the same to represent us and the nation.We spend billions on intelligence.More that any other nation in the world.But our leader is asked about an event in the world.He replies .I learned about it in the news on TV. Should we cut funds to the agencies that bill the taxpayers billions for their reports and just let TV news clerks handle the job at no cost? Ignorance is free. You can send a donkey to Harvard at a cost of 120 grand. Or just save the money and let him wing it.
charlie johnson
Media analyst

"Back iin the day"

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Historical Issues