time to shut some stuff up

Please direct your comments, suggestions, complaints, and other feedback regarding the website here. Also see the Msg Board FAQ.

time to shut some stuff up

Unread postby steve1633 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:49 pm

mr. s you gotta lock up those conspiracy and 9/11 threads. I read them mostly for amusement now but it's just become a lot of stupid insults being tossed back and forth. I know you've stopped threads for less before so please save me from thinking there be something new and interesting to read in that category. many thanks.
steve1633
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:05 pm

time to shut some stuff up

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Unread postby MrSinatra » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:01 pm

i understand.

the reason i haven't, is b/c if i do, gary would turn around and cite me as someone "silencing him" and make me part of the proof of his grand conspiracies.

what i am considering doing, is creating a forum for nutjob threads, like those... so they still get aired, and aren't censored, but they aren't in inappropriate places and people know what they're getting into.

btw, u can "unsubscribe" from threads you are no longer intereted in following. just click the proper link.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Unread postby steve1633 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:19 pm

i like the nutjob thread idea.

and you're probably right about his response.

go with the nutjob thread section, could you move threads from other categories into that category if they got to a certain point?
steve1633
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:05 pm

Unread postby Tiffany » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:29 pm

That's getting better (or worse) over there all the time.

I glanced at it today, and one word popped out: hermaphroditic.

Nice. :roll: :wink:
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
User avatar
Tiffany
Mod Team
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:34 am
Location: Indiana

Unread postby steve1633 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:47 pm

the full term was "hermaphroditic weasel" and it was rebutted with "fruitloopian bozo", the debate groes more intellectually heated every day.
steve1633
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:05 pm

Unread postby Tiffany » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:26 pm

:lol: "intellectually heated" :lol:
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
User avatar
Tiffany
Mod Team
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:34 am
Location: Indiana

Unread postby Libertyship46 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:06 pm

MrSinatra wrote:i understand.

the reason i haven't, is b/c if i do, gary would turn around and cite me as someone "silencing him" and make me part of the proof of his grand conspiracies.

what i am considering doing, is creating a forum for nutjob threads, like those... so they still get aired, and aren't censored, but they aren't in inappropriate places and people know what they're getting into.

btw, u can "unsubscribe" from threads you are no longer intereted in following. just click the proper link.


I understand freedom of speech and all that, but hate speech is hate speech, no matter how you slice it. Why do we have to be so politically correct today and give insane people like Gary or Steve a platform for their hurtful lies? There is no "other" side to some issues because they are just, plain, wrong. Was there "another side" to be listened to regarding the Holocaust? No, it was just plain wrong. Was there another side to be heard from regarding the lynching of blacks in the south? No, it was just plain wrong. Was there "another side" that should have had their say regarding the slaughter in Cambodia by Pol Pot? No, nothing could have justified that murder because it was just, plain, wrong. In order to have a balanced conversation on anything you have to agree to certain stipulations, and a big one for me is that there are certain facts in life that, if you try to justify them, makes you either a bigot or a fool. The Holocaust did happen, lynching blacks in the South was horribly wrong, and nobody could ever justify the slaughter that took place in Cambodia.

So why don't the same standards apply to 9/11? We all know what happened that day and who was responsible for it. I think that it's ironic that, just today, there is a news report stating that Osama bin Laden is going to release a video tape on the anniversary of 9/11 bragging about what he had done. No, people like Gary are no better than bigots.

Some things are just wrong and we should always acknowledge and say that they are wrong. I'm not asking for money for any cause, I'm not saying anyone has to join the armed services to fight the war on terror, I'm not asking anyone to take to the streets and protest. But what I am saying is that, in the comfort of your own home while sitting in front of your PC, at least have the backbone to stand up to people like Gary and Steve and call them out for what they are, sick paranoid fools who don't deserve our time or any of our patience. And every time they try to keep promoting their "ideas," tell them how wrong they are. If we all do that then maybe, just maybe, they'll give up and go back into the deep, dark, shadows of the Internet from where they came from.

Would Bernie give a platform for an anti-Semite or a racist to vent their hatred to the public? I don't think so. So why should people like Steve or Gary be any different. Some things are just plain wrong and should be called as such. If Gary and Steve want to promote their hate speech, let them do it on their own blog. But I really don't think someone of the caliber of Bernie Goldberg would want it on his.
navalwarfare.blogspot.com
Libertyship46
Media observer
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:02 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA

Pot, this is the Kettle!!

Unread postby Jim Rutledge » Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:06 am

L-46,

I certainly won't dispute your assertion that "right is right" and "wrong is wrong". And that we all have an obligation to stand up and call a "spade a spade".

However, your assertion that Gary and Steve are guilty of "Hate Speech" is absolutely ludicrous. You have filled, and over-filled, this forum with your venomous smears. And now you cry "foul" when only a fraction is returned to you. C'mon L-46, stop being a wussey!

Jim Rutledge
Jim Rutledge
Media pundit
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:28 pm

Re: Pot, this is the Kettle!!

Unread postby Libertyship46 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:32 am

Jim Rutledge wrote:L-46,

I certainly won't dispute your assertion that "right is right" and "wrong is wrong". And that we all have an obligation to stand up and call a "spade a spade".

However, your assertion that Gary and Steve are guilty of "Hate Speech" is absolutely ludicrous. You have filled, and over-filled, this forum with your venomous smears. And now you cry "foul" when only a fraction is returned to you. C'mon L-46, stop being a wussey!

Jim Rutledge


You're missing the point. Gary can call me names all day long, I really could give a darn about that. My bigger point is that you are giving a platform for people like Gary to vent their insane "theories" again and again. What's next? Are you going to open a thread saying that the Holocaust never happened? I'm sure the Iranians would love that. Or how about a thread stating that there was absolutely no descrimination in the South against blacks, ever. Or are you going to start a thread the deaths in Rwanda and Cambodia was horribly overblown and that only about 100 people died in both places, tops. I think that political correctness has gone too far here and there are certain historical facts that cannot be disputed. If warped people like Gary call this censorship, so what? It is the right thing to do.

To keep giving people like Gary an open platform would be to feed into the hate speach that is promoted by bigots and the mentally unstable. I'm sure Al Jazeera and the Radical Muslim Web Sites adore people like Gary, just like the KKK loves people who think there was never any racism in the South. Does Mr. Goldberg really want to give an open, daily, platform to people like this? After reding his books, I doubt that.
navalwarfare.blogspot.com
Libertyship46
Media observer
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:02 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA

Unread postby steve1633 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:25 am

you're insane man, even if we assume that gary is completely wrong about everything he says at worst he's being very over critical of our government. He's not denying that anything happened and he's not being hateful. I don't really see how you can connect denying the hollocaust with questioning the specific events of 9/11. You sir, are looney.
steve1633
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:05 pm

Re: Pot, this is the Kettle!!

Unread postby Tiffany » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:49 am

Jim Rutledge wrote:L-46,

I certainly won't dispute your assertion that "right is right" and "wrong is wrong". And that we all have an obligation to stand up and call a "spade a spade".

However, your assertion that Gary and Steve are guilty of "Hate Speech" is absolutely ludicrous. You have filled, and over-filled, this forum with your venomous smears. And now you cry "foul" when only a fraction is returned to you. C'mon L-46, stop being a wussey!

Jim Rutledge


I didn't think this day would ever come... but I wholeheartedly agree with Jim Rutledge. :wink:

And obviously Gary is Gary Anderson, but Steve?

Is L-46 talking about you, steve1633? What did you say that was supposed to be "hate speech"? I didn't know you'd said anything at all. Did I miss something? :?
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
User avatar
Tiffany
Mod Team
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:34 am
Location: Indiana

Unread postby Libertyship46 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:34 am

You may just want to read the new thread I started in the "Ask Bernie" section. Zogby just released a poll and found that 42% of Democrats now either blieve in this "conspiracy" junk or at least some "part" of it. When do you draw the line on this stuff, when it hits an even 50%?

Hate speach, when left unchecked, quickly becomes the "truth" to many people. That's how bigotry grows and thrives. That the target of this bigotry is our own country is bad enough, but when it feeds into the propoganda machine of Muslim terrorists it is just, plain, wrong. Does someone like Bernie Goldberg really want to be a part of this?
navalwarfare.blogspot.com
Libertyship46
Media observer
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:02 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA

Unread postby steve1633 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:43 am

do you understand what it means to believe in "part" of the 9/11 conspiracy liberty? That would include the belief that the official 9/11 report is incomplete. This could mean you believe Pakistan had more involvement than reported, or you believe that Saudi Arabia was more involved, or you believe that Osama Bin Ladin was never really conclusively proven to be behind it (remember that his first comments after 9/11 were that he supported it but had no idea where it had come from), or any other number of the hundreds if not thousands of minute little questions about 9/11 included in "the 9/11 conspiracy". It's not hate speech to question your government man.

and tiffany, i believe liberty is mad because i've been making fun of him.
steve1633
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:05 pm

Unread postby Libertyship46 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:57 am

steve1633 wrote:you believe that Osama Bin Ladin was never really conclusively proven to be behind it (remember that his first comments after 9/11 were that he supported it but had no idea where it had come from)


You see what you get when you don't stand up to these 9/11 "Conspiracy" oddballs? Bin Laden admitted and took credit for the attacks on 9/11 and said so in countless videos and audio tapes. He's been saying it for almost six years now. What part of that don't you get? The "first" comments after 9/11, like the first day or two after the event, of course he denied it. But when the evidence came piling in that he did it, he not only admitted it, but he also took credit for it.

steve1633 wrote:any other number of the hundreds if not thousands of minute little questions about 9/11 included in "the 9/11 conspiracy". It's not hate speech to question your government man.


It's one thing to question your government, "dude," but it's a whole different thing to maintain that it was behind the deaths of 3,000 of its own citizens. Got it, man?

steve1633 wrote:and tiffany, i believe liberty is mad because i've been making fun of him.


I really could care less what you think, Stevie. But hey, your stupid comments have given me lots of laughs so I should really thank you for that.
navalwarfare.blogspot.com
Libertyship46
Media observer
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:02 pm
Location: New Jersey, USA

Unread postby steve1633 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:16 am

you're welcome, i do what i can.

as for bin laden, why not take credit if no one else will. if he really is a terrorist mastermind this is great publicity for him and al-qaida. And, dude, not every one of the 42% of democrats you cite said they believed the government was behind it. got it dude or did you start gettin' high or something? If you're gonna use stats, man, better make sure you're groovy with what the numbers represent, bro.

and you're still wrong
steve1633
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 1526
Joined: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:05 pm

Next

Return to Website Feedback

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron