HOW TO REGISTER

Please direct your comments, suggestions, complaints, and other feedback regarding the website here. Also see the Msg Board FAQ.

HOW TO REGISTER

Unread postby Admin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:38 pm

these instructions are for people who want to post, but don't know how to register and get on the board.

typically, these people aren't fond of computers:

you need only to register a name with the message board. I will explain step by step:

1. go here:

http://www.bernardgoldberg.com/forum/

2. at the top-right, look for “Register”

(if u don’t see it, u must already be logged in)

3. click “Register”

4. agree to terms

5. fill out the form

6. submit it

7. look in your email for an automated message that asks you to “activate” your account by clicking a link.

8. click the PROPER LINK in the email to activate the account.

9. once your account is activated, go back to here:

10. at top-right again, under register, look for “Log in”

11. log in to the msg board with your user name and pword, and also click the box to “Log me on automatically each visit” so you don’t have to log in every time you visit the board.

Assuming you are logged in, the rest is fairly simple and straightforward.

What you see when you go here:

Is our forums. This is just a way to organize topics and discussion groups.

The stats show # of “topics” aka threads, and # of posts, in each forum. threads are made up of posts, u need at least one post in each thread.

Click the forum you want to post in. lets say “General Topics / current events” click on it.

what u now see are all the topics/threads in this forum.

if you want to start a brand new topic, click the “new topic” graphic to the top left.

or, you can read the posts inside each thread/topic by clicking on it, and u can add a reply to it.

lets click: “organized political action?”

there is only one post so far in this topic, but a topic can have infinite replies in it. (could be more by now)

if you want to add a reply to this post in this topic, click the “post reply” graphic at the top left, or bottom left of the thread.

whether making a new thread, or replying to one, the methodology to post is the same.

enter a subject, enter a message, post reply, (submit it).

(u don’t have to enter a subj when only replying as opposed to a new topic, but it doesn’t hurt)

thx, -webmasters

keep in mind, ur username and email addy are not necessarily the same thing. pay attention to the information you use, esp to login.
Admin
Site Admin

HOW TO REGISTER

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby purrlions » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:00 pm

see also:

faq.php
purrlions
Mod Team

Re: HOW TO REGISTER

Unread postby Media Rookie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:04 pm

To anyone that can answer my question.

I am trying to end notifications to my e-mail address whenever someone posts to a topic I have posted on as well. I just stopped all current notifications on my account. Will that stop all future notifications when i post?

Sorry if this is confusing but even though I'm relatively young i'm still pretty clueless on this site.
"Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud." - Barney Fife
Media Rookie
Media watchdog!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:53 pm

i can't say what effect your action will have, you'll just hav to wait and see, but when you post or reply, if u look under the submit button, you can uncheck the notification box.

also, each email notification has a link to click so u can stop notifications for that one topic.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Media Rookie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:03 am

Preciates it!
"Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud." - Barney Fife
Media Rookie
Media watchdog!

Return to Website Feedback