input box hassle

Please direct your comments, suggestions, complaints, and other feedback regarding the website here. Also see the Msg Board FAQ.

input box hassle

Unread postby thinkaboutit » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:17 pm

Have you guys considered changing from phpBB to SMF? The reason I ask is that I have been to other phpBB forums like this and always have a problem with the input box while posting a message. It seems you can only type about four two line paragraphs before it starts acting squirrelly and a major pain. To get around this, I usually type my comments in notepad and then past it in...but shouldn't have to do that.
Sector 8023 is stuck on Ground Hog day.
"I will wait for the truth to find me but I will never leave it to you." - Versant
thinkaboutit
Media pundit

input box hassle

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: input box hassle

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:03 am

thinkaboutit wrote:Have you guys considered changing from phpBB to SMF? The reason I ask is that I have been to other phpBB forums like this and always have a problem with the input box while posting a message. It seems you can only type about four two line paragraphs before it starts acting squirrelly and a major pain. To get around this, I usually type my comments in notepad and then past it in...but shouldn't have to do that.

Speaking for myself, I haven't experienced this.

If anyone else reports a similar problem, I'll forward it to the powers-that-be.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!

Return to Website Feedback