the incessant pubjohn

Please direct your comments, suggestions, complaints, and other feedback regarding the website here. Also see the Msg Board FAQ.

the incessant pubjohn

Unread postby steve1633 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:29 pm

I understand in advance that this is probably a futile request but I feel I must make it.

Is there anyway we can limit a persons contributions. My main beef is obviously with pubjohn. It's not that I dislike him or think he should be banned it's simply that it's impossible to find a thread without him all over it. His responses are usually insanely long and only marginally coherent. Plus he starts so many threads and adds so many responses to every thread that it's become a great task to maintain any kind of dialogue without being interupted by one of his 12 lettered lists.

can you possibly like put a cap on his daily word count or something?

can anything be done? I feel like it's gotten to the point where it is a detrement to the vibrancy of the site.

thanks.
Just remember, CWNelson is crazy and you don't have to buy any of his bibles. Hopefully if we ignore him he will go knock on another door.
steve1633
Media GOD!

the incessant pubjohn

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: the incessant pubjohn

Unread postby Media Rookie » Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:12 pm

I agree with Steve on this. I had to disable e-mail notification b/c there were days my e-mail inbox content would triple.
"Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud." - Barney Fife
Media Rookie
Media watchdog!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:35 pm

i'll see what i can do.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Media Rookie » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:10 pm

That's all I ask, thanks, Mr. S. Also I preordered Bernie's book thru this website per your request. :music-rockout:

If only there were a "suck-up" smilie on here. :dance:
"Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud." - Barney Fife
Media Rookie
Media watchdog!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:22 pm

thx! thats great for the site...

:clap:

i'm really time strapped, but maybe you guys can investigate your user options and see if there is a way to set yourself up so that you can "ignore" a given poster, maybe by making him a foe or something?
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Media Rookie » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:57 pm

Awesome!!

ok, everybody, if you do not want to go thru the trouble of having skip all of PJ's incessant rantings, go to User Control Panel and pick PubJohn as a foe. Then all his posts will be "collapsed" and you are able to ignore him more easily. Maybe he might just go away. A girl can dream, can't she?

It gives you the option of looking at his post if you want.

I'll also post this same info on the thread Capn started in the General Topics section.

WooHoo

FREEEEEEEEDOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!! - William Wallace
Media Rookie
Media watchdog!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:15 pm

thx.

i kinda hate to freeze pub out, b/c when it comes down to it i like him inspite of everything, but i believe in users having the option to ignore whatever they want to ignore.

if you wanted to do step by step instructions, without naming any specific poster, (use a generic example), i'll post them as a sticky in the general section, (and in here too). i'd appreciate it.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Return to Website Feedback