Passing New Gun Laws

Passing New Gun Laws

Unread postby jrmccain » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:04 pm

Your column on Dec 17th is way off the mark. One if Republicans go along with gun control laws it will do nothing to help the Republicans in fact it will do the opposite and make it harder for them to win elections. It seems obvious you know little of firearms. The first "assault weapons" ban did absolutely nothing to cut gun violence nor will any new laws. Any modern weapon would easily be capable of the carnage that happened in Connecticut. I would refer you to the works of Dr John R Lott Jr on the efficacy of gun laws. Gun violence is down. The laws that will be proposed address nothing but cosmetic features on certain weapons. Criminals and those bent on killing people dont obey the law. Norway has much stronger gun control laws than the U S yet the shooter last year was still able to obtain weapons and kill 77 people. The worse mass school killing in the U S happened in 1927 killing 44 people including 38 elementary school children and it didnt involve guns at all. I am surprised that you think banning an inanimate object will change anything. Please take time to educate yourself on the subject of guns and gun control before suggesting that new laws need to be passed because I know you are a well educated man who just happens to be whoafully uneducated on guns and gun control. This article by author and gun expert Larry Correia may open your eyes. http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2012/ ... editorial/
jrmccain

Passing New Gun Laws

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Passing New Gun Laws

Unread postby Fiffles » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:34 am

Mr. Goldberg,
You are politically conservative, and that's very good. But like most columnists you are citified, and carefully isolated from any hint of the real world that's not surrounded by concrete. You call the utility knife that every exurban male has half a dozen of a "box cutter" and you tremble that someone might actually have one outside the back yard. And particularly and specifically you inveigh against the semiautomatic rifle, obviously believing that it is a small, handy machinegun. When you have informed yourself. When you show some indication that you actually know what you are talking about re firearms, then I will rejoin you in the forum.
Fiffles

Re: Passing New Gun Laws

Unread postby Fiffles » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:14 pm

Re kbraun3394 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:38 am posting; you are as delusional as the wildest mass shooter if you believe that you have submitted anything that anyone rational would want to read completely, or that independent sentences make any particular sense. Furthermore, the tedious detail is of no import. I'd rather revisit Ulysses, at least there I'd be visiting an alleged classic that is no less incoherent than your piece.
Fiffles

Return to Comment on Bernie's Columns