Has Bernie become a Republican Shill?

Unread postby ARJ127 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:32 pm

It sure looks like Bernie has been getting his talking points from the RNC. I just received his latest pronouncements about "class warfare". This is the way that the Republicans want to portray Obama's proposal to keep the tax cuts for people with incomes below $250K. Perhaps we should remember that the top incomes have pulled even further away from the rest of us. The middle class hasn't seen any increase in real income in the past 10 years. The very rich seem to have done a lot better. Maybe, they don't need the tax cuts as much as the rest of us.

To me, Bernie is the Republican equivalent of Dan Rather for the Democrats.
ARJ127
Media pundit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Has Bernie become a Republican Shill?

Unread postby flyphish56 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:03 pm

ARJ127 wrote: Maybe, they don't need the tax cuts as much as the rest of us.

To begin with, being a proud Canadian Citizen please be good enough to explain this "us"garbage.
Are you paying U.S. federal income tax?

ARJ127 wrote:Has Bernie become a Republican Shill?

Next question---- must one be a "Republican Shill" to view Mr Obama's goals as fraudulent?
And if Bernie is a shill for the right would I be all that far amiss in dismissing YOU as nothing more than a shill for the left?

ARJ127 wrote: Perhaps we should remember that the top incomes have pulled even further away from the rest of us. The middle class hasn't seen any increase in real income in the past 10 years. The very rich seem to have done a lot better. Maybe, they don't need the tax cuts as much as the rest of us.

And I'll end this post by asking once again what it is that convinces dems/lefties/progressives that they have a right to demand more of those who overcome just because they do?
Perhaps those with great personal wealth don't "need" all their money but what EXACTLY has government done for the past 40 years that warrants government taking it from the RIGHTFUL owners?
Trim, slash, pare back the gigantic bramble patch that is federal government, return to the several states those rights that have been abrogated by that federal monstrosity, and every U.S. citizen will benifit.
Canadian citizens may feel free to deal with Canadian issues as suits the individual.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
George Washington
flyphish56
Media pundit

Re: Has Bernie become a Republican Shill?

Unread postby trailmix » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:23 am

The very rich seem to have done a lot better.

If you are one of those people that listens to MSNBC tell you that Rich people are getting rich off of the backs of the poor...blah blah blah...

you need to dig a little deeper.

When you say they "seem" to have done better, provide some stats.

It "seems" to me that you don't like the people paying all of the taxes...why? :hand:
trailmix
Media observer

Return to Comment on Bernie's Columns