My 15 year old kid.

My 15 year old kid.

Unread postby shar1776frdm » Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:17 pm

My kid's backpack weighs nearly 30 pounds. This book bag is huge and easy to see. Does he wear a hoodie - weather appropriate. It is hard for moms to tell our sons what to wear - but HAVE A MEETING WITH OTHER MOTHERS - ITS NOT LIKE THEY LIVE MILES APART!! My kid does wear cartoon shorts but no one has ever seen them - except when they're in the WASH.

I worked in NYC before he was born. It's not like I don't understand. I do. He does look ratty after track. He does want to hang out after school but he's too tired after track. Are there no after school sports in NYC? There needs to be special programs that include these kids. They are walking hormones and their brains are not completely developed. That columnist is an idiot. He should use his writing voice to help or to raise money for programs to help these kids. (Don't ask Acorn for after school programs. Look at all the money they took and look at the kids dying in Chicago. Obama seems either proud of it or ambivalent.)

This is the age that is so easily lost. These kids, my kid, hasn't lived in this new body of his for even a year. (5'10") He grew about 2 inches from June to now and weighs 170 with weight lifting. He bench presses 250 + at max. Don't tell me that any kid on the street in ANY city wouldn't want to be doing that instead of head down, looking thuggy, wearing a hoodie like a punk.

It's so difficult to handle teenage boys and Ann Romney raised 5 successfully. God Bless her.

Thanks for letting me vent. I'm still mad at people who could help and don't. That's why I'm semi retired. It's so tough to work with welfare parents and kids. So many parents think everything is about them. You want to shout, "Get Over Yourself. It's the children stupid. And it won't be long before it's too late." I think about all the years in behavioral studies, at University to get back to a place where its reality and so basic and should be so logical and not political. These are real kids and they desperately need someone to care and to help in the right way. Even then it's a crap shoot.
shar1776frdm

My 15 year old kid.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to Comment on Bernie's Columns