Media Bias

Media Bias

Unread postby douglin » Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:00 am

Bernie:

On your review as seen last evening on the O'Reilly show, I agree with you wholeheartily. But what is the motivation for the liberal agenda?

I believe that it is based on their fervent independence from any outside moralistic restrictions. The original sin of Adam and Eve is that they would be as God. They define what is right and wrong. They can "do what they see fit" without any repercussions because it seems right to them. They are the ultimate arbiters. They know what's best for us. But what is their basis for this philosophy?

I could go on forever on this idea but I want to just put this thought out for comment.
douglin
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:47 am

Media Bias

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby roglcam » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:03 pm

1/16/2011:
i was logged into sbcglobal.net to check my mail today. i am forced to view their extremely biased version on the news. i noticed this heading: "For heady tea party, now the hard part begins" (AP). HEADY?! i looked the word up. it appears that they are suggesting that the Tea Party is drunk. maybe drunk with power or experiencing a bogus exhileration??? from where do they muster their supercilious arrogance?
roglcam
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:35 pm

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby Superhorn » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:14 pm

You are under the mistaken impression that being liberal means that you think there is no such thing as right and
wrong, and that you are automatically a wicked,atheistic,hedonistic ,socialist,Marxist and communist villain,which is ludicrous.And like other conservatives,you have been misled into believing that there is a sinister liberal plot to undermine morality in America,which i9s equally ludicrous.
The problem with conservatives,especially socially conservative religious ones,iis that they think that THEY know what is right and wrong and that God is automatically on their side, and that any one who does not agree with them on moral issues must automatically be a wicked "moral relativist".
But moral relativism is nothing but a convenient straw man used by these people those who disagree with them on any matter. There are very few people who actually believe that there is no such thing as right or wrong, or that they have the right to do whatever they please any time and in any situation .
There are some things which are obviously right or wrong, but not everything is black and white. But conservatives see moral questions in black and white despite the fact that there are many shades of gray.
Superhorn
Media observer
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:28 am

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:58 am

Superhorn wrote:You are under the mistaken impression that being liberal means that you think there is no such thing as right and
wrong, and that you are automatically a wicked,atheistic,hedonistic ,socialist,Marxist and communist villain,which is ludicrous.And like other conservatives,you have been misled into believing that there is a sinister liberal plot to undermine morality in America,which i9s equally ludicrous.
The problem with conservatives,especially socially conservative religious ones,iis that they think that THEY know what is right and wrong and that God is automatically on their side, and that any one who does not agree with them on moral issues must automatically be a wicked "moral relativist".
But moral relativism is nothing but a convenient straw man used by these people those who disagree with them on any matter. There are very few people who actually believe that there is no such thing as right or wrong, or that they have the right to do whatever they please any time and in any situation .
There are some things which are obviously right or wrong, but not everything is black and white. But conservatives see moral questions in black and white despite the fact that there are many shades of gray.

Pretty simplistic, SH.
For someone who expects others to recognize there are shades of gray out there, your view of conservatives suggests that you don't care to take your own advice. Speaking for this conservative: it's not that liberals think there is no such thing as right & wrong; it's that on the occasions they act tolerant, it's more toward the 'wrong' side than the 'right' side.

But that's only one small aspect. The true essence of being a liberal is expecting others to live by a set of standards too uncomfortable for yourself.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: San Diego, CA.

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby WeaponOfMassInstruction » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Superhorn wrote:You are under the mistaken impression that being liberal means that you think there is no such thing as right and
wrong, and that you are automatically a wicked,atheistic,hedonistic ,socialist,Marxist and communist villain,which is ludicrous.


Yep, pretty much.

And like other conservatives,you have been misled into believing that there is a sinister liberal plot to undermine morality in America,which i9s equally ludicrous.


If you knew your history, you'd know that the Left has pressed for "fundamental transformation" in the US since at least the turn of the 20th century.

Whether the Leftist is Margaret Sanger, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Jerry Rubin (or Bill Ayers) Paul Ehrlich, Al Gore or Barack Obama, the collective (and collectivist) agenda has been to completely subvert the moral, legal and ethical foundation upon which this country was built. Eugenics.....Nationalization (or at least the attempt) of much of the country's economy.....armed revolution......population control.....'global warming'....and, in Obama's case, perhaps "all of the above" are all products of the Progressive ideology, and evert one of them has done great harm to this country.

The problem with conservatives,especially socially conservative religious ones,iis that they think that THEY know what is right and wrong and that God is automatically on their side, and that any one who does not agree with them on moral issues must automatically be a wicked "moral relativist".


Yep, pretty much.

But moral relativism is nothing but a convenient straw man used by these people those who disagree with them on any matter. There are very few people who actually believe that there is no such thing as right or wrong, or that they have the right to do whatever they please any time and in any situation .


Interesting that all of the "very few" reside on the Left, isn't it?

There are some things which are obviously right or wrong, but not everything is black and white. But conservatives see moral questions in black and white despite the fact that there are many shades of gray.


I know of no one who does not acknowledge the existance of at least some shades of gray.

I know of an entire ideology that does not acknowledge the existance of anything BUT shades of gray.
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
William F. Buckley, Jr.
User avatar
WeaponOfMassInstruction
Mod Team
 
Posts: 3854
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:38 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby richardschennberg » Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:24 pm

douglin wrote:Bernie:

On your review as seen last evening on the O'Reilly show, I agree with you wholeheartily. But what is the motivation for the liberal agenda?

I believe that it is based on their fervent independence from any outside moralistic restrictions. The original sin of Adam and Eve is that they would be as God. They define what is right and wrong. They can "do what they see fit" without any repercussions because it seems right to them. They are the ultimate arbiters. They know what's best for us. But what is their basis for this philosophy?

I could go on forever on this idea but I want to just put this thought out for comment.

The current "liberal agenda" is almost the complete opposite of every liberal up to 1980, including FDR, JFK, and LBJ. It is Liberal Fascism and it is defined by George Soros, Michael Moore, and Al Gore. The goal is to manipulate environmental politics to maximize the energy investments of George Soros and his posse. The best way to get away with insider trading is to manipulate markets with the full knowledge and consent of the government, including the President and his hand-picked cabinet. The rest of the seemingly real political agenda is designed to keep conservative groups on the run by attacking them over wedge issues, and to keep liberals confused and loyal to their Soros-master. The energy price and currency manipulations are the only real goal; the rest is smoke and mirrors to keep people from looking at the greatest scam in world history.
richardschennberg
New Member
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby judojo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:28 pm

I have watched Bernard ever since he has been on tv, over 30 years. I've met him several times in Miami because I live near him and work out in the same gym he used to work out in. He is one of the best jouralist in the country. " Bias" was a concious raising book on par with Vance Packard's "Hidden Persuaders", C Right Mill's "The power Elite", Veblin's "Theory of the Leasure Class." Like those great writers, Bernard helped expose negative and harmful aspects of American society. No one knows the workings of the news media better than Bernard.
So it is painful to watch him deny that the Fox network is not only not "Fair and Balanced", but it is a totally unfair and unbalenced highly sophisticated propaganda machine controled by ultra right wing extreamists. He knows what the Fox network is and how its programing is structered to con its viewers. The programing, content, talking heads, and guest line up is orquestrated like a symphony to pretend, like in a Rod Serling story, that it is "fair", "looking out for the folks'. Bernard knows this is total bull s bomb. After watching him for decades and reading all
his books, (he autographed one for my son who is a novalist) I have learned how smart he is. He would atain the status of an E. R. Morrow if he exposed Fox like he did to the three net work news progams. Come on Bernard, you have always been a mench, tell the truth about how Fox really operates and help this country that you and I both love so much. If for some strange reason you don't see my point of view, I will sit with you for a few hours and I will demonstrate exactly how the Fox con job is orquestrated.
Lenny
judojo
Media observer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:16 pm

judojo wrote:If for some strange reason you don't see my point of view, I will sit with you for a few hours and I will demonstrate exactly how the Fox con job is orquestrated.
Lenny
Pray tell, out of all my viewing choices (dozens of cable channels, but no premiums or satellite), what channel do you recommend I watch that will give me more sides to the story than FNC?

As for your offer, I suspect a person who has witnessed media conduct up close and first-hand for decades, AND has a gig with Fox News, stands a better chance of schooling you in this case. $20 bucks says Bernie wins, another $20 says in far less than a few hours.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: San Diego, CA.

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby judojo » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:21 pm

I'm not saying the other stations are fair and balanced: just that Fox is a destructive con job and Bernard knows it. There is no way that he knows the media is mainly liberal and not know that Fox is a masterful con. It is too easy to prove.
Lenny
judojo
Media observer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:01 pm

judojo wrote:I'm not saying the other stations are fair and balanced: just that Fox is a destructive con job and Bernard knows it.

Fascinating choice of words. Whether or not Bernie takes you up, I hope you'd care to cite examples here that establish it is the destructive con job you say.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: San Diego, CA.

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby judojo » Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:02 pm

Here it is: Fox's line to America is that the media is totally biased, lies, has always been libral,is in the tank for Obama, lacks moral turpitude, is weak on defense and helping destroy the country. Fox says it is the complete opposite of that kind of medum. But most important it says there is no spin on Fox only honest news and opinion. Fair and balanced. Here is a brief look at realty which Bernard clearly knows. The network's major focus for years has been to support the Republicans and denagrate the Democrats. The staff is pure right wing: Hannity, Beck, Rove, Palin, Morris, Huckaby, Ingram, Dennis Miller, all the right wing military guests and too many more to mention.

Here is where the con gets good: to show the balance there are a few liberals, but with three exceptions the liberals hired to compete with the shows right wing are like a boxing match up between Mike Tyson and Woody Alan.

One last showing of the con: Bill O will do a talking point memo for the five hundreth time saying Obama is destroying the country, but to show he is balanced he will ask his next guest, Karl Rove, "Am I Wrong Mr. Rove?" That's like saying the USA is an imperialist nation and then asking Castro, "Am I wrong Fidel"? This is a standard con Mr O does. I can give you hundreds of examples of how Fox is structured to deceive the American people and how Mr. Murdock has helped to divide this nation by allowing Fox to steer Americans in the direction he thinks we should be going. Any time we don't know the truth about how we are being manipulated it is a dangerous threat to our freedom. "Bias" helped our county and again, I ask Bernard to help us once more and expose Fox for what it is.
Lenny
judojo
Media observer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby flyphish56 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:23 am

judojo wrote: The staff is pure right wing: Hannity, Beck, Rove, Palin, Morris, Huckaby, Ingram, Dennis Miller, all the right wing military guests and too many more to mention.


Excuse me, but are you saying they slant the news or that they have a plethora of right wing "commentators"?
I find their "news" coverage quite fair and balanced and expect their "commentary" to be traditional/conservative.
That is much more than BSNBC or the other networks. Those ----- people ----- don't even attempt to hide their bias while supposedly covering hard news.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
George Washington
flyphish56
Media pundit
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby judojo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:00 pm

You see the lefts bias and not the right's: you don't understand what your watching, your in denile, or your blind.
judojo
Media observer
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:57 pm

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:29 am

judojo wrote:You see the lefts bias and not the right's: you don't understand what your watching, your in denile, or your blind.

I can see just fine, and I know bias when I see it. The newscasts are delivered fairly and honestly, and I hope you can tell the difference between news shows and opinion shows.

If your problem is that the opinion shows' majority views are too conservative, all well and good. Let's all write letters to all of the producers and network owners telling them they need to balance opinion shows 50-50. I still think "destructive con job" is a bit dramatic, and grading on a curve there still is a better mix of viewpoint on FNC opinion shows than on MSNBC & CNN.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: San Diego, CA.

Re: Media Bias

Unread postby flyphish56 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:57 pm

judojo wrote:you don't understand what your watching, your in denile, or your blind.


That sir has been the liberal answer to ANY questioning, or deviation regarding the the accepted Lib/Left dogma.
You've been telling us for 40+ years we're too stupid to figure it out on our own. I'm glad that is your answer to conservativism because the longer you chant that mantra the more people you drive over to the conservative side.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
George Washington
flyphish56
Media pundit
 
Posts: 650
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:48 pm

Next

Return to Comment on Bernie's Columns

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron