Where's the Book?

order now!

Where's the Book?

Unread postby beumont » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:04 am

Okay, I'm not a conspiracy theorist at all, but I have been to Borders in Houston (twice), the book stores in the Dallas and Houston Airports and now Barnes & Noble in Corpus Christi - no Slobering Love Affair to be found! I can however buy a dozen books on Obama and just as many bashing Bush. B&N told me a week or more to get a new shipment - I have yet to actaully see the book...Did Bernie really write one?
beumont

Where's the Book?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Where's the Book?

Unread postby arbee322 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:07 pm

[quote][/quote]

Well, apparently it's NOT at your local China-Mart, er, Wal-Mart, according to Bernie on this morning's Glenn Beck radio show.

The jack-booted Gestapo thugs are coming to a retail outlet near you. :twisted:
arbee322

Unread postby stoots23 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:22 pm

I was very concerned when I heard the comments on Glenn Beck's program. I called 1-800-wal-mart as I have been a loyal customer, expecially in these trying times. Grocery shopping alone I have saved as an average 20-25%. This was done by buying identicalitems at my local Safeway and Albertson's. I don't think anyone agrees on everything, but this type of censorship disturbs me. They infomred me that they were unaware of any such policy. I pointed out to them that this type of negative attention needs to be addressed if there is any truth in it as one policy of Wal Mart's (not to unionize) I strongly support and at the minimum feel it needs to be addressed by secret ballot. Just as the media demonizes the right I feel they demonize Wal Mart. I have worked for stores and govenment agencies that were unionized and they did nothing for me besides take my $30 a month. Of course the union wants Wal Mart that many employeees being forced to join would really help the unions bottom line. They have helped destrpy the auto industry and although there was definatley a time and a place for unions, I don't feel it is now. Wal Mart does pay a fair wage, has decent benefits, no I don't believe we should have every aspet of our lives pampered. We need to work and take care of ourselves. We DO NOT need the United States of Obama and NBC and General Electric to do it for us.

P.S. I just ordered Mr. Goldberg's book from............WAL MART.com.
stoots23

Unread postby Hardy0614 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Back in early Feb my wife went to Borders to buy the book as a gift for me. She had to get someone to find the location for her. You would think that a national bestseller would not require a search team to find. When she went to pay for it, she found out the book was not being discounted although most if not all other bestsellers at Borders are. I guess the idea is to put every possible roadblock in place, but still be able to say they are offering the book for sale.

My wife then went to Barnes and Noble. Again it was not possible to find the book without getting a search party organized. It too was not being discounted, although she was told it would be offered at 20% off in about a week (this was around the 10th of Feb). She went back the next week and bought it.

Apparently there was no shortage of Barak Obama books being sold. All were very publicly displayed where only those from the Braille Institute would have difficulty finding it. All of them were discounted, some very steeply. The bottom line is there is great irony in that Bernie's larger point very often gets made for him on a daily basis without him ever having to say anything. If it had been me making the purchase, I would have asked the manager directly why a book high up on the bestseller list is so hard to locate.

As for the book itself, I liked it a lot. Unfortunately, there were few things that he wrote about that I didn't already know in the broader sense. I don't mind if someone has a different opinion than I do. I enjoy a healthy, respectful debate. Sadly, we don't get much of that. You often get called names or have to endure games like the one I described. The ones who really need to learn what Bernie is talking about will never bother reading the book.

Hardy
Hardy0614

Return to A Slobbering Love Affair: The True (And Pathetic) Story of the Torrid Romance Between Barack Obama and the Mainstream Media