Slobbering Love Affair

order now!

Slobbering Love Affair

Unread postby Apokalupsis » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:47 pm

I couldn't find a "Book Discourse" forum for "Slobbering Love Affair" (SLA), so I'll post this here. Moderator, feel free to move this to a new SLA forum if/when it's created.

I bought SLA the first day it came out and finished it in a day. It's a cutting denunciation of the media, but they won't see themselves in it. As Bernie says, they're fish in water and can't recognize the concept of "wet". This will go right over their collective heads and all they'll do is react as victims (see Ann Coulter's "Guilty").

The book is too short. It's only 168 pages of original material, not counting the Appendix, which is material quoted from another source. Of the 168 pages, 13 are blank, four are half-blank and four contain only four to six lines of text. That leaves only 149 pages of actual content and there is a fair amount of "white space." I would still buy the book, but I do feel slightly ripped off.

But, good things do come in small packages. This book, although short, is both laugh-out-loud funny and head-shaking sad. The media have abdicated their First Amendment responsibilities. Then again, what do we expect from those who don't "get math" and ran screaming from the hard sciences to the fluff disciplines of Journalism and Communications?
Apokalupsis

Slobbering Love Affair

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to A Slobbering Love Affair: The True (And Pathetic) Story of the Torrid Romance Between Barack Obama and the Mainstream Media