QB passer ratings

Talk about anything that is off topic or non-political in here.

QB passer ratings

Unread postby jaybear_us » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:27 pm

I've been thinking for a while that the ratings for QB's in the NFL is unfair. There should be a new category of stats added.......dropped balls. When a pass is catchable and is simply dropped by the receiver the QB shouldn't get charged for an incomplete pass. Not when the incompletion wasn't his fault. Just like in baseball, a pitcher isn't charged for an earned run when the run scored due to an error, a dropped pass shouldn't be charged as an incompletion to the quarterback.

How about a new stat for receivers......."dropped ball percentage"?
jaybear_us
Media pundit

QB passer ratings

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: QB passer ratings

Unread postby THEBIGBEAR » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:08 pm

I like the idea, T.O may not.
THEBIGBEAR
Media observer

Unread postby btorocco » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:12 am

jaybear_us wrote:I've been thinking for a while that the ratings for QB's in the NFL is unfair. There should be a new category of stats added.......dropped balls. When a pass is catchable and is simply dropped by the receiver the QB shouldn't get charged for an incomplete pass. Not when the incompletion wasn't his fault. Just like in baseball, a pitcher isn't charged for an earned run when the run scored due to an error, a dropped pass shouldn't be charged as an incompletion to the quarterback.How about a new stat for receivers......."dropped ball percentage"?

Jay, QB ratings are a complete waste of time and only have cache' among the brain-dead. Say a QB, during the course of a game throws three perfect passes that bounce off the receivers' chests into the hands of the opposition. The average stat-obsessed moron will look at the sheet and say, OMG, he threw three "picks"(!) ('interceptions' obviously has too many syllables for the proto-borg to master). This is but one of the ways statistics (especially in football) are misused and why a guy like Elvis Grbac can end up with a higher QB rating than a Johnny Unitas. A total farce.
"If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that, too." --English playwright and author W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)
btorocco
Media GOD!

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:48 pm

Passer ratings certainly don't mean much to fans like me who really pay attention. Would anyone who really matters to the game miss them if they went away?

Same question goes for 1,000-yard rushing seasons (not impressive over 16 games), "hurries," and the Pro Bowl.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!

Return to Anything Else Non-Political