HELP!

Talk about anything that is off topic or non-political in here.

HELP!

Unread postby btorocco » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:00 am

Can somebody please help me out here? I accidentally deleted my entire iTunes library into the recycle bin and I'm not a computer whiz exactly so can anyone tell me an uncomplicated (if there is such a thing) way to retrieve it? Many thanks.
"If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that, too." --English playwright and author W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)
btorocco
Media GOD!

HELP!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: HELP!

Unread postby NRAED » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:29 am

Isn't there a restore option in the recycle bin?? I have a MAC and you restore things from the trash file.
'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'          

~ Ronald Reagan
NRAED
Media GOD!

Unread postby btorocco » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:30 am

NRAED wrote:Isn't there a restore option in the recycle bin?? I have a MAC and you restore things from the trash file.

There is, Ed, but it will not restore files back into the iTunes library. These files are still in my Bear Share library, and I could transfer the songs back one at a time, but with well over 5,500 songs it ain't happening. There's a way to do it using your iPod but I don't know how. Anyone?
"If a nation values anything more than freedom, it will lose its freedom; and the irony of it is that if it is comfort or money that it values more, it will lose that, too." --English playwright and author W. Somerset Maugham (1874-1965)
btorocco
Media GOD!

Unread postby NRAED » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:13 pm

Sorry but I don't know. You could call the MAC store in your area if the IPOD is involved they might be able to help. I know the one in Denver has a help desk. You could also email Microsoft and inquire.
'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'          

~ Ronald Reagan
NRAED
Media GOD!

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:27 am

I'll probably be able to help you once I learn the ins & outs of this here tape deck. :whistle:

But sincerely, I wish you good luck in getting it all back.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!

Unread postby Cap'n Billy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:23 pm

I don't know nuthin' about no i-Tunes, Bob, but couldn't you just drag & drop them en masse from your Recycle Bin back into your i-Tunes folder? To do that click the first one and then while holding the Shift key down click the last one, and that will highlight all the files in between.
"Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised and often condemned. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating or is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty." - Robert Heinlein (Truncated to fit)
Cap'n Billy
Media GOD!

Unread postby btorocco » Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:33 pm

Cap'n Billy wrote:I don't know nuthin' about no i-Tunes, Bob, but couldn't you just drag & drop them en masse from your Recycle Bin back into your i-Tunes folder? To do that click the first one and then while holding the Shift key down click the last one, and that will highlight all the files in between.

Yeah I could do that Cap (I think) but believe me it would create a lot of work recreating playlists and such. I found a software program that lets me do it in a snap. Thanks anyway,guys, and I DON"T mean that in a sarcastic way.
btorocco
Media GOD!

Unread postby NRAED » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Glad to see you have it figured out.

~ Ronald Reagan
NRAED
Media GOD!

Return to Anything Else Non-Political