Bernie Knocks it Out of the Park With This One!!

order now!

Unread postby Grad.Student1970 » Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:57 pm

I don't think I ever agreed with anyone, on just about EVERYTHING, as I do with Bernard Goldberg. He is one of very few voices of reason, in this crazy, loony-left, dopey-right, politcal climate in present-day America. When are you running for Prez, Mr. Goldberg?!? You have my vote :D
Grad.Student1970

Sponsor

Sponsor

I second that!

Unread postby wonsted » Wed May 21, 2008 1:39 am

Aye Aye on that one! I found it very hard to disagree myself.
"Worry is a useless emotion"
wonsted
Media observer

Unread postby CWNelson79 » Thu May 22, 2008 2:11 am

Maybe you should get his face tattoed on your head.
"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
Gal. 4:16
CWNelson79
Media pundit

Unread postby Tiffany » Thu May 22, 2008 11:39 pm

CWNelson79 wrote:Maybe you should get his face tattoed on your head.

Why would you make a comment like that to someone who likes Bernie...

On Bernie's site?

Of course there are people here who agree with him (and those that disagree, but normally feeling pretty adamantly one direction or the other is what brings people here), so why would you be critical of that?
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
Tiffany
Mod Team

Unread postby CWNelson79 » Fri May 23, 2008 12:21 am

whos being critical? What better way to show appreciation then to immortilize bernie on one's face?
CWNelson79
Media pundit

Unread postby Jim Rutledge » Fri May 23, 2008 7:27 pm

Tiffany wrote:

Why would you make a comment like that to someone who likes Bernie...

Or, maybe someone should check the distances to the fences.

Jim Rutledge
Jim Rutledge
Media pundit

Unread postby wonsted » Tue May 27, 2008 5:00 am

Maybe I will do that. OR Maybe I'll practice being an anal retentive jackall like you and end up liking it enough to get your face tattoed on my head.

You are the reason why Democracy is so great.
wonsted
Media observer

Unread postby CWNelson79 » Tue May 27, 2008 5:08 am

I would not blame you for wanting me tattoed on your head. That is perfectly reasonable considering how great i am.
CWNelson79
Media pundit

Unread postby wonsted » Tue May 27, 2008 9:21 am

CWNelson79 wrote:I would not blame you for wanting me tattoed on your head. That is perfectly reasonable considering how great i am.

Again, you have reaffirmed the beauty of the First Ammendment. You have the right to be as much of a jerk as you want to be and even if I don't like it - I should respect you :)

BTW, I have to live my REAL life outside of this board. I have a dog that has to be put down today and a 2 year old to explain it all to. Unfortunately, you'll have to blast darts at yourself for a while. That shouldn't be too difficult as I am sure that you have mirrors all over your home.
wonsted
Media observer

Unread postby wonsted » Tue May 27, 2008 9:23 am

CWNelson79 wrote:I would not blame you for wanting me tattoed on your head. That is perfectly reasonable considering how great i am.

BTW, I adore your Bible verse in your signature. I love when the Holy Bible is used as amunition in small portions like you have done :) Nothing like a good example for Christ!
wonsted
Media observer

Unread postby CWNelson79 » Tue May 27, 2008 9:46 am

thank you. I do try. And please never play violins in this room again.
CWNelson79
Media pundit

Unread postby ScottT » Tue May 27, 2008 12:18 pm

wonsted wrote:

Again, you have reaffirmed the beauty of the First Ammendment. You have the right to be as much of a jerk as you want to be and even if I don't like it - I should respect you :)

BTW, I have to live my REAL life outside of this board. I have a dog that has to be put down today and a 2 year old to explain it all to. Unfortunately, you'll have to blast darts at yourself for a while. That shouldn't be too difficult as I am sure that you have mirrors all over your home.

wonsted,

I'm very sorry to hear about you having to put down your dog. That is gut-wrenchingly brutal, and you have my sympathy.......particularly since you also have the burdon of explaining it to a child.

I know your situation all too well. I lost my 16-and-a-half-year-old lab four months ago, and I can't tell you how hard it was. Hang in there, and try to focus on the joy your dog brought to your life. I still grieve now, and always will. It's very hard.

As for the jerk you're addressing........he is what he is----a boorish, sanctimonious Majority-Of-One. You'll notice on virtually every post he involves himself in that everyone comes to realize this, he ends up marginalizing himself, and is left standing where he should be: alone.

His inability to relate to anybody except himself is his problem.
ScottT
Media GOD!

Unread postby wonsted » Tue May 27, 2008 6:27 pm

CWNelson79 wrote:thank you. I do try. And please never play violins in this room again.

How would you know if the violins are playing over the sound of the Big Band that plays around you?
wonsted
Media observer

Unread postby wonsted » Tue May 27, 2008 6:33 pm

ScottT wrote:
wonsted wrote:

This person is indeed a real jerk but I'm used to it and can hold my own pretty well. I have had great practice with one just like that at work. Thinks the sun, moon, and stars revolve around him.

About the dog, if she weren't so young, it wouldn't be so bad. We got her from an Amish Market in the local area when she was less than a year old. It's only been three years since we got her - so thats the hard part. When our 15 year old cat died (we think she was at least that old since she was well into adulthood when she showed up under the front stairs), we could at least justify her death with her age. Even that was a bit cruel as she was diabetic the last year of her life and didn't go out "gracefully". She had to be put to sleep on a night after she was rushed to the ER in convulsions. The vet offered to let me take her home for the night and bring her back when I was ready to "let her go". That was a very kind gesture but I knew that if I took her home, I'd never be able to bring her back and she'd only suffer more.

That was my first "death of a pet" ordeal. In high school, my friend had his 14 year old German Shep, Luke, put down. I never understood why it hurt him so much until I lost that cat!!! Pets are truly a part of our families, aren't they?

I am very sorry about your loss too. It never gets easy *hugsss* I am still buying cat momentos and cat picture frames to help deal with my grief. That silly stuff really helps to get over the hard times! :)

wonsted,

I'm very sorry to hear about you having to put down your dog. That is gut-wrenchingly brutal, and you have my sympathy.......particularly since you also have the burdon of explaining it to a child.

I know your situation all too well. I lost my 16-and-a-half-year-old lab four months ago, and I can't tell you how hard it was. Hang in there, and try to focus on the joy your dog brought to your life. I still grieve now, and always will. It's very hard.

As for the jerk you're addressing........he is what he is----a boorish, sanctimonious Majority-Of-One. You'll notice on virtually every post he involves himself in that everyone comes to realize this, he ends up marginalizing himself, and is left standing where he should be: alone.

wonsted
Media observer

Unread postby ScottT » Tue May 27, 2008 7:50 pm

wonsted wrote:
ScottT wrote:
wonsted wrote:

This person is indeed a real jerk but I'm used to it and can hold my own pretty well. I have had great practice with one just like that at work. Thinks the sun, moon, and stars revolve around him.

About the dog, if she weren't so young, it wouldn't be so bad. We got her from an Amish Market in the local area when she was less than a year old. It's only been three years since we got her - so thats the hard part. When our 15 year old cat died (we think she was at least that old since she was well into adulthood when she showed up under the front stairs), we could at least justify her death with her age. Even that was a bit cruel as she was diabetic the last year of her life and didn't go out "gracefully". She had to be put to sleep on a night after she was rushed to the ER in convulsions. The vet offered to let me take her home for the night and bring her back when I was ready to "let her go". That was a very kind gesture but I knew that if I took her home, I'd never be able to bring her back and she'd only suffer more.

That was my first "death of a pet" ordeal. In high school, my friend had his 14 year old German Shep, Luke, put down. I never understood why it hurt him so much until I lost that cat!!! Pets are truly a part of our families, aren't they?

I am very sorry about your loss too. It never gets easy *hugsss* I am still buying cat momentos and cat picture frames to help deal with my grief. That silly stuff really helps to get over the hard times! :)

wonsted,

I hear you, my friend.

Sorry to hear she was so young. Either way, we still have to face losing them WAY too soon. It's one of life's cruelest consequences.

Take care.
ScottT
Media GOD!

Next

Return to Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve