Massive oversight etc.

order now!

Massive oversight etc.

Unread postby ukie61 » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:48 pm

Just read your book. Insightful observations with rapier wit. For a complete treatment of part of the right wing I'd suggest American Fascists by Chris Hedges. Scary stuff. But the massive oversight of your book is the hijacking of the Republican Party by wedding the votes of these extremists with Corporate America. We have replaced individual welfare with Corporate welfare. Case in point Big Oil. Not enough to gouge at the pump They get a truck load of tax breaks in Congress. You'd think that would be enough. You'd be wrong in an era of boundless greed and corruption. The modern version of Teapot Dome has from 2000 to now cut royalties to the treasury by more than half in spite the massive surge in prices. Mickey mouse accounting along with either crooks or pinheads at Interior, Treasury and Justice and the federal bench turning a blind eye.

While I agree with keeping the government out of our bedrooms when you get to economics you couldn't possibly be more wrong. The Chinese have unbridled capitalism with a dictatorship as a government that is communist in name only now. And what's the result. Rampant intellectual property theft, bogus food and drugs that are lethal etc. But if that's not enough to disabuse you of the nonsense of free market fictions I'll pose a challenge. You are a rich American. Go to the other stronghold of free market capitalism, the wild, wild East in present day Russia. I'm sure President Putin would welcome you and your capital with open arms. Then try to run a business. I guarantee that if you survive taking a permanent dirt nap at the hands of the red boys you will be back here in nothing flat totally disabused of nonsense economic ideas and ranting for every government protection you can get your paws on.
ukie61

Massive oversight etc.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Massive oversight etc.

Unread postby Astute-Veteran » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:44 pm

ukie61 wrote:Just read your book. Insightful observations with rapier wit. For a complete treatment of part of the right wing I'd suggest American Fascists by Chris Hedges. Scary stuff. But the massive oversight of your book is the hijacking of the Republican Party by wedding the votes of these extremists with Corporate America. We have replaced individual welfare with Corporate welfare. Case in point Big Oil. Not enough to gouge at the pump They get a truck load of tax breaks in Congress. You'd think that would be enough. You'd be wrong in an era of boundless greed and corruption. The modern version of Teapot Dome has from 2000 to now cut royalties to the treasury by more than half in spite the massive surge in prices. Mickey mouse accounting along with either crooks or pinheads at Interior, Treasury and Justice and the federal bench turning a blind eye.

While I agree with keeping the government out of our bedrooms when you get to economics you couldn't possibly be more wrong. The Chinese have unbridled capitalism with a dictatorship as a government that is communist in name only now. And what's the result. Rampant intellectual property theft, bogus food and drugs that are lethal etc. But if that's not enough to disabuse you of the nonsense of free market fictions I'll pose a challenge. You are a rich American. Go to the other stronghold of free market capitalism, the wild, wild East in present day Russia. I'm sure President Putin would welcome you and your capital with open arms. Then try to run a business. I guarantee that if you survive taking a permanent dirt nap at the hands of the red boys you will be back here in nothing flat totally disabused of nonsense economic ideas and ranting for every government protection you can get your paws on.

:?:
RIGHT WING > LEFT WING = RIGHT > WRONG

DOWN WITH SPAMMERS!
Astute-Veteran
Media observer

Unread postby dr_norm_chomsky » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:32 pm

Astute-Veteran wrote: :?:

I guess the confusion might be due to the fact that ukie thinks that Goldberg and his fans might be evenhanded in evaluating bias.
dr_norm_chomsky
Media observer

Unread postby ukie61 » Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:05 am

No confusion on my part. Just appreciate insight. Evenhanded? Life is all about who you are going to screw or who's going to screw you. If you like living in that paranoia God Bless.
ukie61

Unread postby JmThms » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:42 am

ukie61 wrote:Just read your book. Insightful observations with rapier wit. For a complete treatment of part of the right wing I'd suggest American Fascists by Chris Hedges. Scary stuff. But the massive oversight of your book is the hijacking of the Republican Party by wedding the votes of these extremists with Corporate America. We have replaced individual welfare with Corporate welfare. Case in point Big Oil. Not enough to gouge at the pump They get a truck load of tax breaks in Congress. You'd think that would be enough. You'd be wrong in an era of boundless greed and corruption. The modern version of Teapot Dome has from 2000 to now cut royalties to the treasury by more than half in spite the massive surge in prices. Mickey mouse accounting along with either crooks or pinheads at Interior, Treasury and Justice and the federal bench turning a blind eye.

Isn't it enough to just say that free market capitalism that is well regulated but not over regulated is ideal? Isn't that born out throughout our economic history? Using Russia as an illustration to make your point is fallacious. We are not Russia. Also, I think liberal institutions are much more fascistic than any conservative ones these days. Just look at the msm. "American Fascists"? Applying that to modern right-wingers is as anachronistic as hippies.
"A liberal is someone who is so broadminded they can't even take their own side in a fight"
- unknown

"[to Liberals] Loving America is too simple an emotion. To be nuanced you have to hate it a little."
- Ann Coulter
JmThms
Media observer

Return to Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve