Boy, have you got it backwards!

order now!

Re: Boy, have you got it backwards!

Unread postby Jim Rutledge » Thu Jun 07, 2007 12:05 am

Cortese wrote:

If you both seem to hold the intellectual high-ground around here, then why you come here at all?

I can't speak for the Doctor, but, for myself, I come here for amusement. I'm a middle-aged guy with little or no social life. I have lots of time on my hands and I find the reflexive Bernie adulation and the anti-lib circle-jerk on this message board to be quite entertaining.

I admit it's a sad life, but that's the truth.

Jim Rutledge
Jim Rutledge
Media pundit
 
Posts: 566
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:28 pm

Re: Boy, have you got it backwards!

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Unread postby MrSinatra » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:27 pm

i suspected as much. typical.

you know, u might find a better social life in some volunteer works. consider it.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Unread postby Cortese » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:36 pm

Sounds to me like he wants to be the pivot man in the circle-jerk. :?
Life-long fan of the Military/Industrial/Janitorial/Custodial/Welfare-State/Pork-Laden/Mortgage & Bank Bailout Complex
User avatar
Cortese
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:08 am
Location: Michigan

Unread postby csu71 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:09 pm

Just a few comments on the torture issue.

This is basically yet another case of Bush going to extremes when there is a middle ground on this issue. There are several ways to get information from a suspected terrorist which will work 99% of the time without resorting to actual torture. Sleep deprivation, radical diet change, rap music, polygraphs, truth serum, etc. can and do work well. Before I would resort to the 1% solution, I would have to be really sure that it was a dangerous terrorist I was dealing with.

However, Bush and company often endorse going directly to the 1% solution. If this was not the case then CIA rendition would not be necessary not to mention that it is both illegal and immoral. Kidnapping someone and sending them to CIA foreign prisons for interrogation is obviously done with the 1% solution im mind.

Back in 2006 Secretary of State Rice admitted publicly while visiting Germany that the U.S. government had mistakenly arrested at least 10 terrorist suspects and sent them to secret CIA foreign prisions. I will leave it up to your imagination as to what happened to these people while they were in prison. Rice did issue a half-hearted apology for this but it didn't get much press in this country. I certainly don't recall hearing Bush or Cheney say they were sorry about this or that the victims deserved any compensation.

Apparently the Supreme Court agrees (big surpise, right ?) as they have ruled that these victims can't sue for any damages. For those of you who still think the torture issue is not an issue - you know, a human rights issue, then maybe you should imagine yourself being interrogated in Egypt or Afghanistan. I really believe most of you serious no-holds-barred pro torture people would change your mind pretty quickly !

:D
sorry, i'm an idiot.
csu71
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:33 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Unread postby csu71 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 9:31 pm

Jim Rutledge, Republican and Damn Proud of It

Jim,

You do have it right. No need to apologize to the ring wingers.

Ever notice how right wingers just seem to ignore the numbers. Take Iraq for instance. Bush's phony, joke coalition was 90% U.S. troops from the start. Several of the so-called coalition members never even sent any troops. They just signed to stay on Bush's good side. You know, keep that good old U.S. foreign aid coming !

Right now we have 160,000 U.S. troops in Iraq and 12,000 coalition forces. Do the math. That's about 93% U.S. troops ! Can Bush generate support for a war or what ? All coalition forces are now scheduled to be out of Iraq at the end of 2008. Then U.S. forces will be 100%.

Of course you could just assume as serious right wingers do that when more than 90% of the people in this world are against this war that they must be wrong and the superior intellect of Bush (gasp, I'm choking here !) has it right. I think I will take my chances here and side with the 90%.

:D
sorry, i'm an idiot.
csu71
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:33 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:45 am

csu71 wrote:Just a few comments on the torture issue.

This is basically yet another case of Bush going to extremes when there is a middle ground on this issue. There are several ways to get information from a suspected terrorist which will work 99% of the time without resorting to actual torture. Sleep deprivation, radical diet change, rap music, polygraphs, truth serum, etc. can and do work well. Before I would resort to the 1% solution, I would have to be really sure that it was a dangerous terrorist I was dealing with.


and u know that how?

how many interogations have u done?

let me guess, ur a professional student?

btw, the cia says they have used waterboarding, not torture. and they say they have used it on exactly THREE guys, thats it. u know, the 9/11 guys? remember 9/11?

csu71 wrote:However, Bush and company often endorse going directly to the 1% solution. If this was not the case then CIA rendition would not be necessary not to mention that it is both illegal and immoral. Kidnapping someone and sending them to CIA foreign prisons for interrogation is obviously done with the 1% solution im mind.

Back in 2006 Secretary of State Rice admitted publicly while visiting Germany that the U.S. government had mistakenly arrested at least 10 terrorist suspects and sent them to secret CIA foreign prisions. I will leave it up to your imagination as to what happened to these people while they were in prison. Rice did issue a half-hearted apology for this but it didn't get much press in this country. I certainly don't recall hearing Bush or Cheney say they were sorry about this or that the victims deserved any compensation.

Apparently the Supreme Court agrees (big surpise, right ?) as they have ruled that these victims can't sue for any damages. For those of you who still think the torture issue is not an issue - you know, a human rights issue, then maybe you should imagine yourself being interrogated in Egypt or Afghanistan. I really believe most of you serious no-holds-barred pro torture people would change your mind pretty quickly !

:D


if i were conducting terrorism, it would be the risk i took.

i'm glad my safety doesn't depend on you.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Unread postby csu71 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:15 pm

Steve1633,

You are correct about the lack of intelligent comments from neocons. But just as Bernie Goldberg gets laughs from reading the New York Times, I get even bigger laughs reading idiot neocon responses to my posts. Besides, it only takes a few seconds to read their responses as they are very short and never cite any facts.

I also enjoy hearing how much fear they live with knowing that there is a terrorist hiding behind every corner and lurking in every shadow. It must cause them serious neck pain when they have to look over their shoulder every 5 seconds to see if Ossama is coming up behind them.

EEK !!!

:D
sorry, i'm an idiot.
csu71
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 28, 2008 8:33 pm
Location: Cleveland, Ohio

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:18 pm

another leftie proves bernies point.

banned.

(that didn't take long)
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Re: Boy, have you got it backwards!

Unread postby politicaljarhead » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:01 am

This guy must not have read the book. He seems utterly defensive and must not know that the same attention was given to the conservative side of the aisle for being out of whack. And him saying troops are dying because a lack of armor clearly shows he hasn't served over here. Us troops don't want to be required to wear anymore heavy armor in these hot ass climates. We would like to be able to fight our enemy's the way we need to in order to get the job done. But the media won't allow that.
politicaljarhead
Media observer
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:35 am

Re: Boy, have you got it backwards!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:28 pm

Jim Rutledge wrote:Cortese wrote:

If you both seem to hold the intellectual high-ground around here, then why you come here at all?

I can't speak for the Doctor, but, for myself, I come here for amusement. I'm a middle-aged guy with little or no social life. I have lots of time on my hands and I find the reflexive Bernie adulation and the anti-lib circle-jerk on this message board to be quite entertaining.

I admit it's a sad life, but that's the truth.

Jim Rutledge


funny jim, how you can say things like that ABOUT PEOPLE HERE WHO WILL READ IT, while at the same time take such umbrage at my silly description of chelsea who will never see it.

quite the high horse of hypocrisy you ride.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Previous

Return to Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron