biased against christians and others with historic faith?!

order now!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:33 pm

steve1633 wrote:How is it nonsense Mr. S? I'm not arguing that the general population of America wasn't religious but simply that the core of the founding fathers (Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, Hamilton etc) were not 'religious'.

b/c that is COMPLETELY FALSE.

if you even took a cursory look at the website i posted, you'd know that. start with jefferson, you'll be shocked at how fooled you've been by academics that teach you nonsense, playing loose and fast with the actual facts.

they were ALL religious.

steve1633 wrote:Compared to modern Americans they certainly seem religious but when you compare them to the average religious person in their America they appear almost atheist.

ridiculous. on what do you base that?

steve1633 wrote:And what about what made us strong? Would you argue that destruction of the native population, slavery, and capitalism aren't the 3 biggest forces that made us the power we are today? (I'd say military might could also be on the list at the expense of capitalism but I'd hardly call being good at killing other countries a religious trait)

the 3 biggest forces in the history of the WORLD, according to lincoln, were establishing America, patent law, and a free press.

the idea that killing indians or slavery is what made us strong is LAUGHABLE. slavery has been outlawed for ~150 years and we didn't become a superpower until WW2.

capitalism, private ownership, and indeed patent law are what has made america great, along with a sense of citizen gov't and representation.

your view steve, OF EVERYTHING, is SO STEEPED in oppression politics you can't step back and simply view reality. its a dank prism you see things thru.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve