Bernie should have to debate his ideas.

order now!

Unread postby buddinganarchist » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:23 pm

He should debate Al Franken or some sort of progressive. Jeff Cohen comes to mind. Bernie, just relying on right wing radio is not enough. It makes it look like you are not confident in your views--especially since they are kind of one sided.
buddinganarchist
Media observer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby MrSinatra » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:40 pm

you mean al franken, of air america?

the same al franken who NEVER debates his views with conservatives on his show?

the same one who never has a conservative on his show?

that 'ideally' confident al franken?

he's #37 for a reason you know.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Re: Bernie should have to debate his ideas.

Unread postby JKersting » Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:49 pm

buddinganarchist wrote:He should debate Al Franken or some sort of progressive. Jeff Cohen comes to mind. Bernie, just relying on right wing radio is not enough. It makes it look like you are not confident in your views--especially since they are kind of one sided.

Should have to?? Error number ONE. No, he should NOT HAVE to anything of the sort.

ERROR Number TWO, the last real Progressive that comes to mind is Robert LaFollette. The others you name and reference are closed minded cooks with some ideas based in old style 1960's liberalism AND elitism. That makes them NON-Progressive by definition and the most accurate term is the one I coined, Neo-Libs.
Jay Kersting
"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " Reagan
"Now more than ever before,the people are responsible for the character of their Congress.If that body be ignorant, reckless and corrupt, it is because the people tolerate ignorance, recklessness and corruption."Garfield
JKersting
Media GOD!

Re: Bernie should have to debate his ideas.

Unread postby rendezvouswithdestiny » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:15 pm

buddinganarchist wrote:He should debate Al Franken or some sort of progressive. Jeff Cohen comes to mind. Bernie, just relying on right wing radio is not enough. It makes it look like you are not confident in your views--especially since they are kind of one sided.

HE READS THE NEW YORK TIMES!!! I'm sorry for shouting but claiming that he relys on just radio is simply not true.
To be prepared for war is one of the most effectual means of preserving the peace - George Washington
rendezvouswithdestiny
Media analyst

Unread postby 85Scott » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:08 am

Makes more sense for Bernie to debate a Wimp on the Right
than a Crazy on the Left.
85Scott
Media observer

Unread postby hub_cap » Mon May 28, 2007 2:00 pm

85Scott wrote:Makes more sense for Bernie to debate a Wimp on the Right
than a Crazy on the Left.

At least the Wimp would understand the arguments rather than spitting out the Crazies talking points.
hub_cap

Unread postby Astute-Veteran » Mon May 28, 2007 7:48 pm

As I recall, didn't Bernie already have the misfortune of encountering Mr. Al Franken?

I think their encounter didn't go anywhere. It was unproductive.

Al Franken kept on yelling insults like an immature bully.

To stop an insane person from saying/doing insane things, is also, "insane" in itself.

Hence, the Hitlist!
RIGHT WING > LEFT WING = RIGHT > WRONG

DOWN WITH SPAMMERS!
Astute-Veteran
Media observer

Unread postby dr_norm_chomsky » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:22 pm

MrSinatra wrote:you mean al franken, of air america?

the same al franken who NEVER debates his views with conservatives on his show?

Isn't he the guy that Bill O'Reilly tried to "shut up" at that book fair?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpOSgT-osHk

MrSinatra wrote:he's #37 for a reason you know.

Ah, argumentum ad populum once again.
dr_norm_chomsky
Media observer

Unread postby dr_norm_chomsky » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:23 pm

Astute-Veteran wrote:Al Franken kept on yelling insults like an immature bully.

Perhaps that encounter with "stand-up guy" Bill O'Reilly corrupted him?
dr_norm_chomsky
Media observer

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:48 pm

dr_norm_chomsky wrote:

What happened at the book store: Franken spent more than twice his allotted time pushing his book and dishonestly slandering Bill. Bill was trying to call Franken out on that, as well as set the record straight on the subjects that Franken misrepresented. Franken kept interrupting. Bill angrily reacted to the interruptions.

Imagine you've been libeled and slandered by a smug, dishonest cheap-shot artist, and the same guy then tries to prevent you from laying out your side. Bully tactics like that would get me pretty mad, they sure as hell got Bill mad, and now Bill regrets allowing that whole episode to take place.

I know for a fact (having read some of his stuff) that Franken is no more interested in the truth than I am interested in candle-making.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:04 pm

maybe i should write a book called "lying liars and the lies they tell" and put norms face on the cover and see if he tells me to shutup?
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby John Gilchrist Lodge » Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:36 pm

dr_norm_chomsky wrote:

O'Reilly would clean his clock. I'd pay to see Bill v. Stuart Smalley in a steel-cage match. :lol:
Go Cards!!!!
John Gilchrist Lodge
Media observer

Unread postby WeaponOfMassInstruction » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:48 am

O'Reilly covers the encounter with Franken in "Culture Warrior".

Bill claims he was set-up. While I've nothing but his claim to go on, I have to say that it would not surprise me in the least to learn that was the case because it's a common tactic on the Left (and, to be 'fair and balanced', Bill has started to use that same tactic with his ambush interviews of judges who give unconscionably light sentences to the worst of criminals and such).

O'Reilly claims that Franken writes in his book that O'Reilly lived in a fairly affluent suburb in New Jersey rather than tha hardscrabble life that O'Reilly syas he lived growing up. O'Reilly has a photo of a deed to a house in Levittown, which he says (and stats seem to bear out) was lower-working-class at that time. O'reilly also claims that Franken used O'Reilly's mother as a source for much of the information that Franken relates about O'Reilly. O'Reilly responds that his mother has been in the devastating grip of dementia and early-onset Alzheimer's for several years- including the time that Franken claims to have spoken with her. O'Reilly claims that this is the point at which it 'became personal' with Franken. If true, I'd say O'Reilly has more than just cause here.
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
William F. Buckley, Jr.
WeaponOfMassInstruction
Mod Team

Unread postby CowboyBebop » Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:17 am

Welcome back WMI! Where have you been?
CowboyBebop
Media pundit

Unread postby Tiffany » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:01 am

CowboyBebop wrote:Welcome back WMI! Where have you been?

I know! It's Weapon, how exciting!

Weapon, people have asked after you, and I've been all, "I don't know!"

So fun that you're out and about! You've been gone so long, you could be a liberal by now and we'd never have known! :D

(And I apologize for taking attention away from what you guys were talking about... whatever it was :wink: )
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
Tiffany
Mod Team

Next

Return to Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve