Look out: Bernie Goldberg is back!

order now!

Look out: Bernie Goldberg is back!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:03 pm

Click the link to read a great review:

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/w ... ment_s.htm

how's this for timely:

Goldberg references an Imus interview with Charles Barkley, the basketball star who wrote Who's Afraid of a Large Black Man? Here, Goldberg finds Imus pandering. After Barkley talked about what the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and Coretta Scott King meant to him, Imus responded: "In my view, just as a white man, it doesn't seem to me that a lot has changed since those days." Says Goldberg, "This may be the dumbest single sentence uttered on the subject of race in the 21st century."
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Look out: Bernie Goldberg is back!

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Unread postby CowboyBebop » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:14 pm

I don't think this author read Bias. He states that Bernie admitted to being a conservative. He did no such thing.
User avatar
CowboyBebop
Media pundit
 
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:13 am
Location: San Francisco

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:28 pm

yeah, thats a HUGE mistake in the review...

but its a good review outside of that.

what shocked the liberal press was that one of their own, a liberal reporter, came out and said the press has a massive liberal bias.

Bernie then explains he's a liberal the way liberals used to be.

at no point does he say in bias that he's a conservative, nor is that the shocking contention of his book.

Today, Bernie is a moderate conservative. but i'm not sure he has ever publicly written so.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Unread postby ipeacefrog » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:46 pm

ON Bill O'Reilly last night, Bernie indicated that he is a conservative now. He indicated that he was driven there because the liberals are becoming more extreeme and the gap between regular and extreeme liberals is getting small.

No transcript from last night yet, however this was in the summary of the show.

"You say 'Bill O'Reilly' to otherwise normal, regular liberals, and they start foaming at the mouth. They hate you and Rush Limbaugh because you're successful. They felt a lot more comfortable when they had a monopoly on the media." - Bernard Goldberg 4/17/2007
"You can't fight in here! This is the war room!"
ipeacefrog
New Member
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:17 pm

Unread postby MrSinatra » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:04 pm

yeah, but if i had to guess, i'd stick with my moderate conservative assessment of him.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:09 am

He did say as much in Crazies. At least in the sense that more than once, when discussing the conservative view on something, he used the pronoun "we," thus including himself on the conservative side. That, and he said something along the lines of having no intention of going back to the liberal side, despite whatever reasons there might be to do so.
I spent about 45 minutes at B&N reading the new book, and I can't wait to get myself a copy!
Last edited by Jeffreydan on Sat Apr 21, 2007 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I hate it when my foot falls asleep during the day, because then it's going to be up all night."
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!
 
Posts: 3170
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:54 pm
Location: San Diego, CA.

Unread postby buddinganarchist » Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:30 pm

Yea, the flaws and outrages in the book will be skewered online soon. Look for the Daily Howler to get the first lick in.
buddinganarchist
Media observer
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:41 pm

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:43 pm

i'm sure Bernie will be scarred for life! :?
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Just Bought "Crazies to the Left..."

Unread postby NohSpinZone » Thu May 03, 2007 11:39 am

Looking forward to reading this, Bernie, and I hope I enjoy it as much as I enjoyed your last three books ("Bias" is still my favorite because it was SOOOO damn refreshing for someone with MSM credentials to finally speak of the elephant in the room).

Keep writing and I'll keep buying.

John Noh,
Campbell, Calif.
NohSpinZone
New Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 11:35 am

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri May 04, 2007 2:15 pm

bias was a fantastic read... it was like watching the MSM get an epiphany they didn't want.

it always amazes me how liberals will attack someone personally and try to debase their character or attack their motives just b/c they break ranks and call them on their faults.

the idea that the MSM is liberal shouldn't even be up for debate... is the sky blue? is the pope catholic?

but for some reason, they just can't and won't admit it. its maddening.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Unread postby Tiffany » Sat May 05, 2007 10:08 pm

Do you know what this site is?

http://www.fictionwise.com/rss/fw_cat28TopStories.xml

Anyway, Bernie's new book made their top five best-selling political titles. Just thought I'd let you know. :)
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
User avatar
Tiffany
Mod Team
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:34 am
Location: Indiana

Unread postby Tiffany » Sat May 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Also, here's a transcript of the Today show appearance, and the guy who put it up seems to think Lauer was combative at the start.

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2007/cyb20070425.asp#4

I didn't see it, so I couldn't hear his tone... but I read it all, and he did seem a little (well, I hate to say it) glib (hahaha) when he said Bernie was "more than just a right wing talking head" after mentioning his Fox appearances.

Did he mean that's all that's on Fox, or am I reading too much into that b/c I saw this other guy's opinion on it first? :?
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
User avatar
Tiffany
Mod Team
 
Posts: 2149
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:34 am
Location: Indiana

Unread postby dr_norm_chomsky » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:28 pm

MrSinatra wrote:Bernie then explains he's a liberal the way liberals used to be.


That might be a good propaganda line, but isn't it the case that "liberals" used to be a lot more liberal? FDR and LBJ were a lot more aggressive with social spending than Clinton ever was, for example.
dr_norm_chomsky
Media observer
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 11:20 am

Unread postby dr_norm_chomsky » Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:29 pm

MrSinatra wrote:it always amazes me how liberals will attack someone personally and try to debase their character or attack their motives just b/c they break ranks and call them on their faults.


Yes, we all know that conservatives would never call anyone a traitor or anything like that.
dr_norm_chomsky
Media observer
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 11:20 am

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:38 pm

dr_norm_chomsky wrote:
MrSinatra wrote:it always amazes me how liberals will attack someone personally and try to debase their character or attack their motives just b/c they break ranks and call them on their faults.


Yes, we all know that conservatives would never call anyone a traitor or anything like that.


it isn't a personal attack if there is evidence to support the claim. traitor is the mark of a criminal, therefore if someone commits a criminal act that is traitorous, its not personal to call them a traitor.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
User avatar
MrSinatra
Mod Team
 
Posts: 4582
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2005 5:24 am
Location: 6' under

Next

Return to Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron