Refreshing to hear both sides called out!

order now!

Unread postby politicaljarhead » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:02 am

I hope Bernard Goldberg actually reads this. This is my first time writing a blog or anything like it. Let me start by telling you about myself. I am a U.S. Marine and have been in since July 26, 1999. I am currently serving on my second tour to Afghanistan and have done three to Iraq before this deployment. I have strong feelings about America, the Global War on Terrorism, and all the issues you brought up in your book. I have never read a book on politics before because they all seemed very biased just by reading the jacket. I worked for an NBC station while in high school as a camera man for the news before I joined the Corps. I lived all over the country as a child and got to see many different view points and cultures in America. I was born in Florida and lived there a while, lived in Texas, New Mexico, and Arkansas. My former step father, the man whom I consider "Dad", is Filipino American and my mom is white. I haven't been to college but am getting out of the Corps next April and will be going back to Texas to attend the University of Texas. My wife is Filipino and is a graduate of the Rutgers school of Comm in New Brunswick. She has very liberal views which she developed on her own and I have some moderately conservative views which I have developed on my own. Neither of our parents taught us about politics or political parties growing up. I just finished your book about a week ago and am still in awe. It was a great eye opener for someone who has been avoiding the news since 9/11. I haven't really witnessed all the things you discussed in the book, but can see why America is headed the way it is right now. I am now reading a book called "What Happened?" by Scott McLellan. I don't know if you know him personally, but you should. I am only on Chapter 7 right now, and though his book isn't as easy a read as yours was, it is still interesting and unbiassed in my opinion. I am interested in getting involved in politics when I get out and am seeking guidance and advice since I do not know anyone in politics. I feel like people in Washington have such strong opinions about the war and how we are fighting it, but they don't know what is going on at all. No one has bothered to ask the petty enlisted man on the ground how things are going and what is needed to change things for the better. Now there is all this talk about sending more troops over here. That's just what the doctor ordered for Muslims that don't like infidels on their soil anyway. The number of troops we have in both countries is fine if not too much. The problem is how they are being employed. The problem also is that senior leadership here is inexperienced and refuses to listen to the experienced guys that aren't so senior or are senior but don't have a college degree. I love our country and despite all the s bomb we are going through right now, I want to continue to serve it and try to affect change in a positive way. I don't consider myself a democrat or republican, but I do think people should take care of themselves if capable. There are too many opportunities for able bodied Americans regardless of race, religion, or sexual preference; and people need to stop blaming the government for the shortcomings. My Dad is pretty damn successful in East Texas and he is a Filipino man. Before my mom married him she raised me without child support from my biological or help from the government. Then after she divorced my Dad, she raised me and my two other brothers from that marriage without welfare and only 750 dollars a month child support. Because she got off her ass and worked. I could go on an on about my views. But the main thing I want to get across is that Americans need to stop complaining unless they are going to follow their complaints with a suggested solution. I have plenty of suggested solutions and I need to know how to put them in the right ears. God Bless my three team mates who died yesterday here in Afghanistan in the Kapiza Province, Nijrab District, Afghanya Valley; Capt Jesse Melton, 1stLt Nicholas Madrazo, and HM3 Eichmann Strickland. They were great men and great Americans.
politicaljarhead
Media observer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Refreshing to hear both sides called out!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:42 pm

welcome, and thx for your service.

a tip: paragraphs help.

all 4 of bernies books are worth the read btw.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby politicaljarhead » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:16 am

I will most definitely check them out when I get back to civilization in December. I look forward to reading them. Thanks for the tip but I will have to study up on my writing and everything else since I have been out of school since 99'. I wouldn't even know where to begin ending and starting paragraphs.
politicaljarhead
Media observer

Unread postby MrSinatra » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:28 am

every few lines is good. don't worry if u do it totally right, its more important to have them at all then not.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby TerryAnne » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:38 pm

FYI - Barnes and Noble used to do free shipping to war zones, or if your shipment was over $50. My luggage was REALLY heavy coming back from Bosnia. :lol:

But, then again, you have to wait for the wonderful war zone mail system. :whistle:
Is a proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy. :twisted:
TerryAnne
Media GOD!

Return to Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve