homosexuality, religion, real conservatism

order now!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:57 am

MrSinatra wrote:
CWNelson79 wrote:The bible was indeed written by men, and God. These men were guided by God. The bible is the inerrant, inspired word of God. In other words, written alone they would be fallable, but with God using their writing styles to write the word, the bible was perfect.

2 Timothy 3:16, All Scripture is inspired by God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

2 Peter 1:21, No prophecy was ever made by an act of human will, but men moved by the Holy Spirit spoke from God.

so sayeth tim and peter, who were men, not god.

maybe they were wrong, ever consider that? maybe they were liars, con men?

the point is this is merely a matter of your faith in believing it to be true, you have no proof it is true, no empirical objective evidence.

i fully support your right to believe in it however you wish, but i find your blanket "this is the truth, the rest is crap" declarations to be a bridge too far, too strident, too unpleasent.

it sounds very jihadish in fact.

and no, i'm not saying you're a terrorist or anything like that, i am simply saying the way you lack humility in your beliefs is troubling.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25785089/

350ad? seems to me i might not consider a document from unenlightened times written some 300 years plus after the events it supposedly describes took place as "literal, inerrant truths."

Dating from around 350, the document is believed by experts to be the oldest known copy of the Bible, along with the Codex Vaticanus, another ancient version of the Bible, Schneider said.

interesting god contradicts himself depending on who he was "guiding" btw, and that it was after many church revisions a singular voiced bible came about, although obviously there are many versions of it as well. to claim, as cw did, the king james ver to be the one true bible, is laughable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_James ... _the_Bible

it wasn't even catholic and is clearly not devinely inspired. (dates ~1600)
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: homosexuality, religion, real conservatism

Unread postby Media Rookie » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:42 pm

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... F809219997

Adding fuel to the flame. Topher, where are you? I'm curious as to your thoughts on the above article.
"Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud." - Barney Fife
Media Rookie
Media watchdog!

Unread postby Topher » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:13 pm

It's complete garbage, but I didn't expect much more from a movie critic.

The "footprint" fossil is effectively critiqued here: http://paleo.cc/paluxy/nevada.htm

Most of the rest of his "answers" are single-source (the Bible) results, while the contradictory evidence is so overwhelming in so many other sources that it's really laughable. I particularly like

Q. What about bones representing such species as Cro-Magnon Man and Neanderthal Man?

A. Created at the same time as man. They did not survive. In fact, all surviving species and many others were created fully formed at the same time. At that moment they were of various ages and in varying degrees of health. Some individuals died an instant later, others within seconds, minutes or hours.

Yeah, an all-powerful god is going to create huge numbers of creatures only to destroy them within hours just to make the fossil record seem to support evolution. :roll:

This is just mind-numbingly bad. Please, Mr. Ebert, stick to movies.

Topher
Topher Kersting
Topher
Media pundit

Unread postby MrSinatra » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:22 am

i am fairly sure that ebert, a reknowned liberal, wrote this very, very sarcastically.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Topher » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:40 am

That's what I get for not digging deeper. In a review of an IMAX movie from a few years ago he pretty solidly attacks creationism.

Oops. :oops:

Topher
Topher Kersting
Topher
Media pundit

Unread postby Media Rookie » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:50 am

They don't say "fuel to the fire" for nothin' :whistle:

Sorry, guys, I was in a silly mood.
"Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud." - Barney Fife
Media Rookie
Media watchdog!

Unread postby Topher » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:10 pm

Apparently I wasn't the only one taken:

http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/2008/09 ... e_age.html

Topher
Topher Kersting
Topher
Media pundit

Unread postby Ken92081 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:53 pm

Conservatives have no right legislating what people do in their bedroom, or in public for that matter as a couple. Two dudes want to kiss in public, hell I dont want to see it cuz it looks really f bomb gross, but it's not mine or anyone elses place to say "that is an abomination against God" because last I heard, none of us had a hard line into the mind of our Creator. You have his word perverted by man, which is suspect at best, but thats it.
Ken92081
Media analyst

Unread postby MrSinatra » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Ken, please stop cursing. even when the word censor catches it, that doesn't make it acceptable. it should be RARE and other posters are reporting your posts.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Previous

Return to Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve