Moderate Muslims

order now!

Unread postby CWNelson79 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:45 am

Actually i think judaism and christianity are connected like family so they go together. Jesus was afterall a Jew. Its just that Some Jews rejected Christ.
"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
Gal. 4:16
CWNelson79
Media pundit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby Red » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:04 am

Jim Rutledge wrote:
Red wrote:Yes I believe that anything not from God through Christ is evil. That's not the point.

Well maybe that is part of the point. Just call me evil, but I just don't deserve it.

Jim Rutledge

Oh, here it goes again. The atheist picking on the Jesus freak and the Jesus freak getting blamed for it.

That was NOT the point of my post.
:) Have a nice day! :)
Red
Media pundit

Unread postby Jim Rutledge » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:22 pm

Red wrote:
Jim Rutledge wrote:
Red wrote:Yes I believe that anything not from God through Christ is evil. That's not the point.

Well maybe that is part of the point. Just call me evil, but I just don't deserve it.

Jim Rutledge

Oh, here it goes again. The atheist picking on the Jesus freak and the Jesus freak getting blamed for it.

That was NOT the point of my post.

So your point was that there are moderate muslims.
Red wrote:I also have many Muslim friends.

Red wrote:I've found the people who live in Muslim countries and practice the religion to be quite tolerant.

Red wrote:...one of my best friends is a Muslim.

A good point, and one that is appreciated.

But then you bury this disclaimer in your post (allow me to paraphrase): But since these infidels are not one with Christ, they are evil.

So, I guessing the Point of your Post is that you have met, and associate with a lot of nice friendly people who are ultimately evil?

Jim Rutledge

p.s. There are a good many religious & world views that I don't understand or don't agree with. It is only on rare occasions that I attribute 'evilness' to those who don't happen to believe as I do.
Jim Rutledge
Media pundit

Unread postby Red » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:20 am

Well, my natural world view is that human nature is inherently evil. All people, and yes Christians too. Even in our most perfect of times, we're still flawed. Only God is good. We can be taught to do good things, but even then there is a limit to what we're capable of. Morality must be defined by a creator. It is not relative. If it were relative, then it would be itself immoral, depending on ones point of view. I do not say evil as in "THE FRUIT OF THE DEVIL." I say evil as being naturally imperfect and given to naturally do bad things, i.e. the undisciplined child. That's all.
Red
Media pundit

Unread postby Jim Rutledge » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:10 am

Red wrote:Well, my natural world view is that human nature is inherently evil.

Oh, yes original sin. Why didn't I consider that. Never mind.

Jim Rutledge
Jim Rutledge
Media pundit

Unread postby MrSinatra » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:22 am

that isn't what he said. there is a difference.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Red » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:31 am

I must apologize Mr. Sinatra, but my humble mind doesn't quite grasp your meaning. Could you please clarify? Thanks.
Red
Media pundit

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:57 am

u can believe that people are inherently evil WITHOUT believing in original sin.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Red » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:09 am

That's inherently true. Thanks.
Red
Media pundit

Previous

Return to Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve