Moderate Muslims

order now!

Unread postby Media Rookie » Wed May 07, 2008 3:06 pm

steve1633 wrote:Your s bomb weak CW and you and christians like you are the most dangerous virus in our nation.

Calm down. That statement is very stereotypical, untrue and unliberal of you. Do whatever feels good, right? Isn't that a liberal mantra? Christians choose God over earthly things to feel good. Stop acting like the very people you bitch about.
"Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud." - Barney Fife
Media Rookie
Media watchdog!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby steve1633 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:42 pm

i was a bit dramatic perhaps but I stand behind it. I didn't say anything about christians in general, I specified christians with his attitude. that attitude being that anyone who doesn't accept jesus as lord and savior is going to hell AND that muslims are particularly some sort of threat that needs to be dealt with.
It's fine to believe what you want about the afterlife and who's going where but when you begin to use your interpretation of life after death as a means for identifying enemies for military strikes then you're taking it to far.

Doing whatever feels good isn't a liberal philosophy, sure there are plenty of liberal lazy bums just "doin what feels good" but I'd say many of the stereotypical scorges of the right like the heartless tycoon are also just doing what feels good. That's called selfishness it's got little to do with political bent.
steve1633
Media GOD!

Unread postby CWNelson79 » Tue May 13, 2008 11:43 am

steve not only will a person go to hell if they do not accept jesus as lord and savior. But islam is a false demonic religion which is filled with terrorists and pagans. I don't care if this upsets you, but the truth is the truth.
"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
Gal. 4:16
CWNelson79
Media pundit

Unread postby Jim Rutledge » Tue May 13, 2008 10:29 pm

CWNelson79 wrote:steve not only will a person go to hell if they do not accept jesus as lord and savior. But islam is a false demonic religion which is filled with terrorists and pagans. I don't care if this upsets you, but the truth is the truth.

C: You are one very, very sick puppy.

Jim Rutledge
Jim Rutledge
Media pundit

Unread postby CWNelson79 » Wed May 14, 2008 12:27 am

Jimmy, there is nothing sick about salvation.
CWNelson79
Media pundit

Unread postby steve1633 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:57 pm

here's the problem cw, you have no evidence of your claims. It may be correct in the sense that anything is possible but then that is no basis for discussion. What I have a problem with is that you choose to take your beliefs and use them as an outlet for your fear and hatred. There is no way that you can believe that Jesus Christ, the risen lord and savior, son of the most high, would ever support or argue for the elimination of an entire people. And yet you do so based on a very limited view of the people. do you have any muslim friends? have you ever been to a predominantly muslim country? Ever been to Dearborne, MI? You think the bible is the truth and that is fine and certainly one possible and definitely partial representation of the truth. But there is no objective evidence of it's validity, and if nothing else it seems to me that Jesus' teachings were focuses on sympathy and love for those that do not understand their cosmic roles. Basically you need to realize that if nothing else we are all the brotherhood of man and if god has issues with someones belief let them deal with it, it's not your responsibility or place to discredit whole races or call for their demise, that is a manifestation of satanic hatred and it is frightening to those of us who believe that the love of the lord does encompass all of us in the way that Christ spoke of it.
steve1633
Media GOD!

Unread postby CWNelson79 » Wed May 21, 2008 8:58 am

Steve either you are a christian or you are not. Don't give me new age philosophical wind blown up my rear end. Who said anything about hate? You project want you want onto me. I am simply stating the truth that a person must be saved by Jesus or they will end up in hell. I never said anything about eliminating arabs, its islam i am against.

Also i must point out that God who is jesus did have the jews wipe out whole groups of people at times. So when you say otherwise you are not being biblical, but thats not my point on islam. My point is that it is a false religion which denies christ as lord and savior. I don't hate arabs at all. Everyone including arabs can be saved if they choose to except jesus and turn away from their false gods.

Jesus was very clear about there being only one way into heaven and that is through him. Its quite clear and not up for debate. If you do not like this, then take it up with God, not me. The bible says to talk out against sinful things like false religions and so on. It has nothing to do with hatred, but actually it has to do with helping people avoid hell.

What is satanic is lying to people and telling them all roads lead to God, this is not true. One road ,and that is Jesus, leads to God.
CWNelson79
Media pundit

Unread postby Tiffany » Thu May 22, 2008 11:42 pm

CWNelson79 wrote:What is satanic is lying to people and telling them all roads lead to God, this is not true. One road ,and that is Jesus, leads to God.

You better hope you're right. :roll:
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
Tiffany
Mod Team

Unread postby CWNelson79 » Fri May 23, 2008 12:22 am

I have no need to hope.
CWNelson79
Media pundit

Unread postby Jim Rutledge » Fri May 23, 2008 7:14 pm

[quote="CWNelson79"]Steve either you are a christian or you are not./quote]

It is quite clear that you 'CWNelson79' are not a christian.
In your posts there is no indication of tolerance, benevolence or love. You must be an imposter.

Jim Rutledge
Jim Rutledge
Media pundit

Unread postby CWNelson79 » Sat May 24, 2008 1:10 am

Tolerance of what jimmy? Christians are not to tolerate false behavior.
CWNelson79
Media pundit

Unread postby steve1633 » Sun May 25, 2008 3:26 pm

Jesus was very clear about there being only one way into heaven and that is through him. Its quite clear and not up for debate.

Actually, in this secular and allegedly rational forum this is completely up for debate. Whether or not Jesus even existed as a historical figure is debatable and quotes attributed to him are thus even harder to verify. But this also illustrates the brunt of my position. You have chosen to take a story book that is at best a combination of true stories and parables and use it as your moral guide. This is fine, it is your personal choice, but it is not valid grounds for you to "prove" the errors of others. Your opinions that you've drawn from the bible are not proven facts they are just guesses just like the muslim feelings about god are just guesses. Just get over yourself, God doesn't like you more than anyone else, you have no idea what you're talking about and their are infinite paths into the heart of the one living love.
steve1633
Media GOD!

Unread postby Topher » Sun May 25, 2008 8:36 pm

CWNelson79 wrote:Tolerance of what jimmy? Christians are not to tolerate false behavior.

I'm confused by "false" in this context. Using Webster as a starting point:

1: not genuine <false documents> <false teeth>
2 a: intentionally untrue <false testimony> b: adjusted or made so as to deceive <false scales> <a trunk with a false bottom> c: intended or tending to mislead <a false promise>
3: not true <false concepts>
4 a: not faithful or loyal : treacherous <a false friend> b: lacking naturalness or sincerity <false sympathy>
5 a: not essential or permanent —used of parts of a structure that are temporary or supplemental b: fitting over a main part to strengthen it, to protect it, or to disguise its appearance <a false ceiling>
6: inaccurate in pitch <a false note>
7 a: based on mistaken ideas <false pride> b: inconsistent with the facts <a false position> <a false sense of security>
8: threateningly sudden or deceptive <don't make any false moves>

1, 2a, 2b, 3, 5, 6, and 8 seem to be unlikely candidates. This leaves us with:

2c: Behavior intended to mislead
4: Behavior that is disloyal or insincere to God
7: Behavior based on mistaken ideas or inconsistent facts.

Please let me know which meaning you meant, so that I can better understand and can respond intelligently.

Thanks!

Topher
Topher Kersting
Topher
Media pundit

Unread postby CWNelson79 » Mon May 26, 2008 3:30 am

Steve it is you who make ridiculous claims without any proof. Saying that the bible is this or that in a general way without showing how. There is plenty of outside evidence for Jesus, you seem to either not know that or ignore it. You got Tacitus and Josephus, Thallus, Pliny, and Lucian. And even maybe Suetonius, Mara Bar-Serapion, and the Talmud.

I have chosen to take the bible as the infallable, inspired word that it is and use it has my guide like God said to do. Like i have said a million times, the bible is very accurate and reliable, you are putting up straw man arguments. You can talk all day long like some dumb new age guru wanta be, but the fact is, if one is not saved through Christ then they will go to hell. I fall on the word of God, what do you base your claims on?

And Topher, pick one, have a party with it.
CWNelson79
Media pundit

Unread postby Topher » Mon May 26, 2008 9:40 am

How come I knew you'd be unwilling to clarify your position? :roll:

When I read the phrase "false behavior" my initial thought was that behavior itself couldn't be false, as it is what it is. I have often found that religious people speak in unclear terms, so I did my research to try to figure out what you really meant. Even after that though, I still came up with three possibilities, any of which would make sense, but they were all quite different. As such, which behavior Christians are not to tolerate can be interpreted in three very different ways.

The easiest one to understand is "Behavior that is disloyal or insincere to God." While this most certainly applies to me, it also applies to the vast majority of the followers of Christianity, as I've found (as I'm sure you have) that most people who call themselves Christians are a bit hypocritical. If that was your intention, great. Makes things that much easier for me to understand. :D

The second type of potential false behavior is behavior intended to mislead. Deceptive behavior is usually a bad thing (although Sun Tzu said that "All war is deception"), so I can certainly see why you'd prefer not to tolerate deception. It would be much better if everyone would be direct with what they intended by their behavior.

The third category is one that I find unlikely, but as it was still possible, I thought I'd include it. If your "false behavior" is behavior based on mistaken ideas or inconsistent facts, then that's a pretty good argument. Unfortunately, since I find much in the Bible to be mistaken ideas and many of the facts to be inconsistent, it doesn't hold much water with me--but other people might like it.

Peter 3:15

Topher
Topher Kersting
Topher
Media pundit

PreviousNext

Return to Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve