The real reason for the hostility against the Republicans

Just want to rap about whatever you want and it doesn't fit any other category? Do it in here.

Unread postby warp4dennis » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:37 pm

One aspect of the hostility to the Republican Party from the news media and the Democrats is their
behavior and up bringing, which is never discussed.
I was a Civil Service employee a long time ago, and when I joined I had to sign a piece of paper that
contained a list of regulations that I was obliged to keep when on the Government's premises.
Two of the requirements were 'no gambling' and 'no drinking of alcohol' at work.
Within two weeks I discovered the 'gambling' part was ignored, and within a year I found out that 'alcohol'
was also ignored. It was smuggled onto the premises by employees.
So I started to do a little digging into the background of the people who were the leaders in this behavior.
A behavior that I had as a teenager growing up.
As a teenager when my parents weren't around, I would do those things my parents told me not to do.
But then I grew up and soon learned, with the help of my family, the importance of having rules, and how
to catch and punish the 'lawbreakers' so they won't do it again.
The ones who were most likely to be involved with this misbehavior at the workplace, were almost always
people with some sort of a Catholic background.
When I moved to Bonn, Germany and had contact with many of the people who worked at the US Embassy at
that time, I found this same type of behavior among some of the employees at the US Embassy in Germany.
Because of the NEWS media's tendency to treat Republican Politicians so differently, I wanted to find out
what the reason was. My next discovery was that sixty to seventy percent of the NEWS media folks
have a Catholic background of some sort or other, and are Democrats.
And I think that under the American Democratic population, the percentage of Catholics is even higher.

But that's not the only reason why they treat Republicans so differently.
The Catholic Church has over the years covered up the abuse of children by Priests in their midst.
It became such a problem that one parent finally brought suit against the Church, and lost. But their appeal
reached the Attorney General of the United States desk around the year 2001.
Upon consultation with the then President of the United States of America, George W. Bush, Attorney General
John Ashcroft went ahead and brought suit against the Boston Archdiocese of the Catholic Church which some
say the cost to the Church was $85 million or more.

Take a look at the way Catholic Church viewed the war in Kuwait and Iraq.
In 1990 when Bush (41) was President, the US Government had a fairly good relationship with Catholic Church,
so the Pope was for a military intervention in Kuwait.
But in 2003 when Bush (43) sent the US troops into Iraq, the Pope withheld his blessing.
I can't help but think the Pope's change of heart was because of this litigation that was going on against the
Archdiocese in Boston.

Now that Trump is President, does the Catholic Church love and support him?
To the casual observer, all indications are that President Trump is Republican and Protestant.
From the Catholic perspective, that would be two strikes against him.
My observation of the support that President Trump is getting, appears to be coming mostly from the Protestants
of America along with some independent Catholics. These two groups have been speaking out on Presidents Trump's
behalf, but not the Catholic Church. They have been strangely quiet.
They can't seem to forgive and forget that President Bush and the Attorney General were just doing their job.
But the dollars and cents amount that these two Protestants have cost them, is just too much to forget and forgive.
I would suspect that some in the Church hierarchy see Trump as a second Martin Luther.
It was 500 years ago that the Protestant Reformation was said to have begun here in Germany. And at that
time it was also one man against the established Church.

But don't take my word for it. Do some digging in the archives on your own and see if I have left out anything.
warp4dennis

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General topics / current events