Women's March 2017

Just want to rap about whatever you want and it doesn't fit any other category? Do it in here.

Women's March 2017

Unread postby fertile1 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:59 pm

Women’s March 2017
Kudos and admiration for the millions of mostly women who took to the streets in cities throughout the world to celebrate the rights of women to equality under the law. Their cause is just, and their peaceful means of expressing it most admirable.
My observations about the march, which may not be known to many of its participants, are:
One of the principal organizers of the event is one Linda Sarsour, a proponent of Sharia law. Now hold the phone ladies, if every false fact you’ve heard about Trump is true, would you really prefer to live under Sharia law? And if your anti-Trump stance involves a pro-Obama one, do you really believe that BO vigorously and effectively countered the anti-women forces that prevail throughout the Middle East? The only country in that area that defends women’s rights is Israel, and we well know about Obama’s betrayal of that noble country and Trump’s commensurate support.
A march must necessarily be judged, at least in part, by its vocal spokespersons. Madonna thinks about blowing up the White House, but thinks it wouldn’t change anything. It would certainly change the White House, but no matter, she’s Madonna. Leave her to the Secret Service. Then we have some obscure poetry from Ashley Judd about Hitlarism being in the streets. Huh? As far as I could tell the streets were full of patriotic, well intentioned women. Finally we have the never-popular Elizabeth (Minnie Ha Ha) Warren who wants to fight, but presumably in ways short of bombing public edifices. Michael Moore pays homage to the First Amendment by tearing up a newspaper. I guess no books were around to burn.
To the sane members of the march, clearly in a vast majority, I would ask that Trump’s report card be delayed beyond his first day at school. I see no evidence that he would take any political action to do anything but enhance the positions of women and other minorities on the U.S. landscape. Does anyone imagine that with Melania and Ivanka at his side, Trump would do anything to compromise the rights and values that yesterday’s march was intended to promote?
fertile1
Media pundit

Women's March 2017

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General topics / current events