Trump as Nazi

Just want to rap about whatever you want and it doesn't fit any other category? Do it in here.

Trump as Nazi

Unread postby fertile1 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:46 am

Trump as Nazi
It started with a Facebook entry by a downstream relative equating Trump with Hitler. I observed that Trump’s advocating more stringent immigration policies than the poster might like was probably not morally equivalent to the murder of millions of Jews.
More recently, a former colleague in the rarefied, bubbled environment of ESL education posted from some source a fanciful extrapolation of a scholar identifying the seemingly innocent beginnings of Nazism, which impliedly attributed to principal supporters of President-Elect Trump the various “deplorable” isms that lost Ms. Clinton the election. When I pointed out the lunacy of these unsupportable charges, a member of the poster’s coven said that my status as a white male ipso facto disqualified me from appreciating the hatred Republicans had for blacks. My response to this was lean, but cadenced: “Medic.”
Now, friends, I can understand the disappointment, frustration, and even anger that can come from losing an election, particularly one that most, most notably the mainstream medium, told them was in the bag. But to continue the obviously losing argument that the Trump Team is advancing the cause of Nazism is not only silly but loathsome. It didn’t resonate before the election; what’s the point of continuing the embarrassment now that it’s over?
More than anything, the effort is a shameful affront to the victims of the Holocaust and their descendants.
fertile1
Media pundit

Trump as Nazi

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General topics / current events