God has already voted...for Obama

Just want to rap about whatever you want and it doesn't fit any other category? Do it in here.

Unread postby chrismatt » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Following the lead of right wing religious fruitcakes, I assert that God Almighty, in bringing the terrible destruction of Hurricane Sandy to the Northeast, has effectively assured Mr. Obama a second term. Whether the issue is Big Government vs. self reliance, Global Warming and climate change, or competent leadership vs. platitudinous drivel, this week’s horrible natural disaster has more effectively persuaded the nation than any three million campaign ads.
chrismatt
Media observer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: God has already voted...for Obama

Unread postby Media Rookie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:55 pm

Such tolerance and undivisive new tone you guys have there on the Left...
"Well, today's eight-year-olds are tomorrow's teenagers. I say this calls for action and now. Nip it in the bud. First sign of youngsters going wrong, you've got to nip it in the bud." - Barney Fife
Media Rookie
Media watchdog!

Unread postby chrismatt » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:14 pm

I'm from neither the Left nor the Right. I'm from above. That's how I can report the Heavenly polling result.
chrismatt
Media observer

Unread postby flyphish56 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:16 am

chrismatt wrote:I'm from above.

Nope, just high.
"Government is not reason; it is not eloquence. It is force. And force, like fire, is a dangerous servant and a fearful master."
George Washington
flyphish56
Media pundit

Unread postby chrismatt » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 pm

...and, therefore, able to see farther.
chrismatt
Media observer

Unread postby chrismatt » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:29 pm

As I wrote in response to Bernie's 11/6/12 column:

We can never know for sure, but the President's bailout of the auto industry, combined with his perceived effective response to the recent hurricane tragedy (and Gov. Christie's approval of same), probably carried the day for Mr. Obama in Ohio and, when all the votes are counted, in Florida, too. More generally, signs of an improving economy and bin Laden's execution convinced enough of the electorate that we shouldn't be switching sea captains mid-ocean, particularly when our current helmsman is attempting to navigate between a domestic Scylla and an international Charybdis while simultaneously trying to fend off a McConnell-led mutiny by half the ship's crew.

Unfortunately, Bernie, who has written eloquently in the past about media bias, is letting his own biases cloud his objective analysis of the election. Similarly, in groping to understand how they lost again this time around, conservatives (on this website and elsewhere) denigrate the majority of the country who chose the President's vision over that of his opponent. Many of them will quite erroneously believe the lesson of this election is that their candidate didn't tack far enough to the Right.

At some point, those who consider themselves political pundits, as well as those who consider themselves statesmen, should remember that politics is the Art of Compromise. While the nation is basically evenly divided on ideology, a clear majority of its citizens want their leaders to conduct themselves according to this basic truth.
chrismatt
Media observer

Unread postby UniterNotADivider » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:08 pm

THE ChrisMatt? You just use an act of God to explain the fact that the media is so BIASED for anything that lookes like a jackass, ensuring victory over the minds of the working masses. You are now, I christen thee, 'Jabba the Matthews', waiting to slurp up another raw, green fish. God is a Democrat - what a ridiculous remark. He's a Republican. :D
UniterNotADivider
Media observer

Unread postby paul.zizek » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Conservatives should all be atheists--or satanists--since the bible is pretty strict that taking care of the poor is mandated. Their hate of the poor is legendary.
paul.zizek
Media observer

Return to General topics / current events