The Celebrities Who Decline to Appear at the Inauguration

Just want to rap about whatever you want and it doesn't fit any other category? Do it in here.

Unread postby capnbilly » Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:37 pm

Here's a link to the column:
BOR Staff Column: Celebrity Fear Factor

The hypocrisy of the Hollywood left would be breathtaking if we weren't already so accustomed to it. As anyone who has been paying attention over the past few years knows, many small business owners have been severely penalized to the point of losing their livelihoods when they declined to perform services for homosexual "weddings," to the great approval of many of these cretins. Now they blithely do the same thing (withholding their services) without a peep from any of the same people who were cheering on the destruction of the businesses of bakers, pizza parlor owners, etc.

To be clear about my own attitude, these performers should be able to refuse to perform without the heavy hand of government coming down on them (as they most certainly are), just as businesses should be allowed to withhold services without losing their businesses (as they most certainly are NOT). If people wish to avoid patronizing these performers or businesses that's fine.

Notice especially who many of these same people have performed for in recent years.

P.S.: I was once a regular on this site with the handle of "Cap'n Billy," my last post being about 5 years ago (I was unable to sign in with that nickname, due to losing my password during that time and was unable to retrieve it). Recently looked in out of curiosity and found, not to my surprise, that the site hasn't been very active lately what with Facebook, Twitter and all. A quick search didn't uncover any of the former regulars' posts within the last 4 years or. Any of you still around?
capnbilly

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to General topics / current events