Sean Hannity is on my list

Now available in paperback!

Unread postby humguitar » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:29 pm

Weapons:

Last night in the middle of the night, I woke up long enough to hear Greta Van Susteren say to Shephard Smith, that, based on Paul's Iowa Caucus numbers, Fox should just let Paul pull up one more chair at the New Hampshire forum. Shep, in my opinion, had a look on his face that said, "I can't believe you just said that". Now, whether it was that he thought that she might be in danger of losing her job, or, that he was continuing the usual Fox's "Paul is a nut" campaign, I'm not sure. It will be interesting to see if anything comes out of it, whether it be Greta losing her job, or Paul getting a seat at the table, or none of the above. Personally I think Greta's show is usually weak, but I appreciated her comments, and I think that it either took a lot of guts, or a lot of stupidity. At least it was a moment that truly reflected the "We Report, You Decide"/"Fair and Balanced" mantra. :D
humguitar
Media analyst

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby MrSinatra » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:30 pm

u know, u might want to watch it all b4 u comment on it.

shep was the one who asked greta, HE BROUGHT IT UP.

no one looked like they were in fear of losing anything.

stop spinning nonsense just b/c it fits your pov.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby humguitar » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:49 pm

Sinatra:
u know, u might want to watch it all b4 u comment on it.

no one looked like they were in fear of losing anything.

stop spinning nonsense just b/c it fits your pov.

Why do you guys get so upset and defensive about other people stating their opinions, after all, that is what this forum is all about. Like I stated, I woke up in the middle of it, so I missed the beginning. My apologies to Fox, Greta, Shephard, and especially you and everyone else that reads this forum, for trying to brainwash you. I will never again attempt to try to take advantage of people that are weakminded and susceptible to such lowhanded tactics. You caught me, put out a warrant for my arrest.

sheeesh, you really should try decaf. :roll:
humguitar
Media analyst

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:01 am

maybe you should withhold invalid and uninformed opinions, since they aren't of any worth.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby humguitar » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:25 am

Sinatra,
maybe you should withhold invalid and uninformed opinions, since they aren't of any worth.

What are Moderators?
Moderators are individuals (or groups of individuals) whose job it is to look after the running of the forums from day to day. They have the power to edit or delete posts and lock, unlock, move, delete and split topics in the forum they moderate. Generally moderators are there to prevent people going off-topic or posting abusive or offensive material.

I'd have to say that I don't think that I was off topic, and I don't think that any of what I said was abusive or offensive. Go ahead and delete my comment, though, since it is only your "opinion" that matters, and you have the power to do it. Do they give you a little Barney Fife badge to wear while you are at the computer and a bullet to put in your shirt pocket? :lol:
humguitar
Media analyst

Unread postby humguitar » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:36 am

Mr sinatra,

By the way, you are the one who is "spinning". I just watched the exchange, Greta brought up the fact that the Paul people were mad at Fox FIRST, (referencing Paul not being invited to the NH forum), and then Shephard asked Greta if Fox should reconsider. Greta then said something very telling. She said, "At the risk of getting in trouble..." and started to defend Ron Paul, while Shephard defended Fox. It sounds like there is no freedom of speech at Fox.
When Greta said "why not pull up another chair (for Ron Paul at the forum)?" Shephard said "alright" and then abruptly ended the discussion, like he had someone in his earpiece saying "shut her up! shut her up! go to the next segment! change the subject! say anything! Quick!!!!

There, how is that for spin?

Here is the clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_XBgzHxQs
:D
humguitar
Media analyst

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:40 am

are you out of your mind? i didn't delete or edit your opinion in any way, nor do i plan to as it does not violate any rules.

what i will do, is criticize it when it has no merit, since unlike mine, it is uninformed and invalid.

all opinions are not equally worthwhile. your comments are annoying in fact, mostly b/c you didn't start with an accurate reflection of the facts, and then went on a generalized anti-fox tirade that had no basis in reality.

its so typical, and so ridiculous, i simply had to refute it in no uncertain terms, so that no one would get the idea that you knew what you were talking about.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:45 am

humguitar wrote:Mr sinatra,

By the way, you are the one who is "spinning". I just watched the exchange, Greta brought up the fact that the Paul people were mad at Fox FIRST, (referencing Paul not being invited to the NH forum), and then Shephard asked Greta if Fox should reconsider.

that does nothing to dispute what i said.

shep did in fact bring up whether fox should reconsider its position FIRST, greta merely mentioned paul people were upset.

that contradicts your characterization:

humguitar wrote:Weapons:

Last night in the middle of the night, I woke up long enough to hear Greta Van Susteren say to Shephard Smith, that, based on Paul's Iowa Caucus numbers, Fox should just let Paul pull up one more chair at the New Hampshire forum. Shep, in my opinion, had a look on his face that said, "I can't believe you just said that". Now, whether it was that he thought that she might be in danger of losing her job, or, that he was continuing the usual Fox's "Paul is a nut" campaign, I'm not sure. It will be interesting to see if anything comes out of it, whether it be Greta losing her job, or Paul getting a seat at the table, or none of the above. Personally I think Greta's show is usually weak, but I appreciated her comments, and I think that it either took a lot of guts, or a lot of stupidity. At least it was a moment that truly reflected the "We Report, You Decide"/"Fair and Balanced" mantra. :D

based on your utube link, do you think the above is an accurate description of what took place?

humguitar wrote:Greta then said something very telling. She said, "At the risk of getting in trouble..." and started to defend Ron Paul, while Shephard defended Fox. It sounds like there is no freedom of speech at Fox.
When Greta said "why not pull up another chair (for Ron Paul at the forum)?" Shephard said "alright" and then abruptly ended the discussion, like he had someone in his earpiece saying "shut her up! shut her up! go to the next segment! change the subject! say anything! Quick!!!!

There, how is that for spin?

Here is the clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi_XBgzHxQs
:D

thats spin alright... you really think what greta said wasn't tongue in cheek? that she's actually WORRIED?

you really believe some overlord was directing sheperd b/c of the topic???

go spot a ufo.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:49 am

and actually, in the utube clip, shep does in fact bring him up first, as well as ask about fox reconsidering its position first, and she said she was kidding about the trouble line, and shep said they don't get in trouble.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby humguitar » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:14 am

Sinatra,
and actually, in the utube clip, shep does in fact bring him up first, as well as ask about fox reconsidering its position first, and she said she was kidding about the trouble line, and shep said they don't get in trouble.

The New Hampshire Forum issue did not come up until Greta said that Paul's people were mad at Fox. Shep did ask whether Fox should reconsider AFTER Greta's statement. Had she not mentioned Paul's people being mad, it is highly unlikely that Shephard would have asked the question. And, after he asked it, he used the opportunity to defend Fox's position. Prior to Greta's statement, they were talking about Paul and the Iowa caucus. Keep spinning.

thats spin alright... you really think what greta said wasn't tongue in cheek? that she's actually WORRIED?

They both HAD to say that she was kidding, and that no-one is going to get in trouble. Of course! It was a slip of the tongue, not tongue in cheek! Are you kidding me? That was quick damage control by both of them!
humguitar
Media analyst

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:18 am

now i get it... ur a far left conspiracy guy.

i should have known.

the facts are the facts... shep brought him up first, and shep asked about reconsidering first. inbetween, greta merely mentioned people were mad at fox. it was obviously a planned segment.

as to your ludicrous characterization that somehow the curtain was pulled back and they are now "in trouble" i'll let the loons feel that way... the rest of the reasonable people know thats total baloney. anyone watching it can see that. you're the kind of person who takes things literally that aren't meant to be literal.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby humguitar » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:22 am

Sinatra
now i get it... ur a far left conspiracy guy.

i should have known.

This comment is a typical last ditch effort, a "hail mary" when you are losing a discussion.

as to your ludicrous characterization that somehow the curtain was pulled back and they are now "in trouble" i'll let the loons feel that way... the rest of the reasonable people know thats total baloney.

My initial comment did not say that it was certain that they were in trouble. I said that it would be interesting to see what happens, and you flew off the handle.
humguitar
Media analyst

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:53 am

lets be clear here...

the person making wild far flung ridiculous assertions based on, well, NOTHING, is you.

and if i'm wrong about you, i have yet to see why.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby WeaponOfMassInstruction » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:07 pm

I'm still wondering why it is that only Fox is being singled out by the Paulistas for attack when ABC did the very same thing Fox is being accused of doing.

While I admit that I would have preferred that FNC come right out and say that it was because Paul, Hunter and Keyes are not polling nationally high enough to warrant inclusion, I just ask that the Paul supporters be equally indignant across the board.

Fox has been a continual target of the Paulistas. Why? Is it because they buy into the notion (incorrect) that Fox is friendly to the GOP? You haven't seen their interviews with Huckabee is you believe that. Candidates across the board get a far more 'fair and balanced' treatment on Fox than GOP candidates get on any other network.
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
William F. Buckley, Jr.
WeaponOfMassInstruction
Mod Team

Unread postby humguitar » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:38 pm

WOMI,
I'm still wondering why it is that only Fox is being singled out by the Paulistas for attack when ABC did the very same thing Fox is being accused of doing.
The reason that I don't criticize ABC, NBC, CBS, is because I don't watch them anymore. I gave up on those networks a long, long, time ago. Their liberal bias is expected. That doesn't mean that I condone it, or that I'm giving them a free pass, or anything else. I'm sure that if I watched them every night, I'd be griping about what they say. I just don't watch them because I know they are on the far left. When I first started watching Fox, I became a fan. As time went on, though, I have started to notice extreme hypocrisy. They claim to be "Fair and Balanced" and they say "We Report You Decide", but it is clear that they have an agenda and they are trying to influence voters in this election. Lately I've been turning off Fox and watching something of much more value, like Andy Griffith re-runs, or something like that. Fox is getting to be unwatchable, with the very lame "Red-Eye" which resembles "The Man-Show"; and I can't stand it when OReilly brings on his "body language expert", who apparentlly can read minds; or when Hannity and Colmes bring on that retard Frank Luntz("Words that Work"), who is nothing more than a propagandist. Fox is seriously going down the tubes, especially with this Ron Paul NH forum fiasco. Ron Paul visited Iowa less than Rudy, and did better than what everyone said he would. Fox excluded him from the NH forum based on his poll numbers? That's just wrong. They are tired of Paul mopping the floor with the other candidates, that is the reason. In every debate, they have had a text message poll to see who "won" the debate, and every time, Ron Paul has won with over 30% of the vote. And every time this has happened, Fox has tried to ignore it, or downplay it.
humguitar
Media analyst

PreviousNext

Return to 110 People who are Screwing up America... and Al Franken is number 37!