Dennis Miller... a hack for the corporate cash..

Now available in paperback!

Re: Dennis Miller... a hack for the corporate cash..

Unread postby ChomskyRadical » Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:38 pm

I hate how Miller hides behind Bill O'Reilly, like O'Reilly is his protector in prison and he is some punk, which he is. Miller rarely if ever has liberals on his show, unlike Thom Hartmann, but can freely bash liberal policy on Faux and on his dumb radio show, never having to let the other side respond. Pravda would make him their comedian of choice.

Be a conservative, fine, but if you are going to spout right wing bile, back it up by exposing yourself to the other side.

Goldberg ducks the left as well.
ChomskyRadical

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:11 am

ducks the left?

he isn't a host of a show, get a clue.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby WeaponOfMassInstruction » Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:27 pm

ChomskyRadical wrote:I hate how Miller hides behind Bill O'Reilly, like O'Reilly is his protector in prison and he is some punk, which he is. Miller rarely if ever has liberals on his show, unlike Thom Hartmann, but can freely bash liberal policy on Faux and on his dumb radio show, never having to let the other side respond. Pravda would make him their comedian of choice.

Be a conservative, fine, but if you are going to spout right wing bile, back it up by exposing yourself to the other side.

Goldberg ducks the left as well.

Oh?

And when is the last time Keith Olbermann had anyone on his show who even dared to disagree with him, let alone a Conservative?

The last person of which I am familar that ran afoul of Herr Olbermann's massive (and completely unjustified) ego was one Dana Milbank. What, praytell, so offended Olbermann? Well, Milbank went on another show and- gasp!- dared to actually criticize B. Hussein Obama. Olbermann, being the Obama fanboi that he is, immediately banned Milbank from ever appearing on his show again. You comment about Pravda is far more accurate when directed towards the Left, generally, and Olbermann specifically, for it is he that ducks all dissent and refuses to report anything which does not portray his mancrush Obama in the best possible light. Your comment about "exposing yourself to the other side" would be best suggested to Olbermann, who dares not do so because it would expose him as the lightweight that he truly is.

Remember: Olbermann, among his many delusions, thinks he's actually a journalist who reports the news. Has Miller ever made such a claim?
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
William F. Buckley, Jr.
WeaponOfMassInstruction
Mod Team

Unread postby ScottT » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:24 am

stevenmitchell wrote:
WeaponOfMassInstruction wrote:
steve1633 wrote:NO! humor is a matter of objective fact! i've run countless tests on dennis miller's comedy stylings and show only trace amounts of funny.

seriously though, the 1/2 hour news hour didn't even make sense half the time.

And I find Jon Stewart and Bill Maher to be about as funny as a prostate exam by a fat doctor with cold fingers.

I'm a bit disappointed by the "Half Hour Comedy Hour"- I don't think it is as tough on liberals as it could be- but it's a work in progress. If the goal is to provide a "fair and balanced" antidote to Maher and Stewart, it isn't there. Yet. But then the "Half Hour News Hour" is clearly a satirical show, whereas Stewart and, especially, Maher want to be taken seriously (and, unfortunately, are by too many).

As for Miller....he's been very clear that his worldview was changed on 9/11. Prior to that, he was more libertarian- his words- than anything else. He's become not so much pro-Republican/Conservative as anti-Democrat/Liberal and for very good reason. If you're dead, all the civil rights in the world don't really matter now do they?

re: WeaponOfMassInstruction
What would someone living in Alabama know about September 11th or its affect on someone's life? It was not a real event and certainly DID NOT happen to someone living in Alabama - it was merely a television event - about as real to someone in Alabama, as a cartoon to someone in New York.

What would someone liveing in Alabama "know" about 9/11?? :shock:

Was not a "real event" to anyone there??? :?

Without question, one of the DUMBEST questions / comments I've read in quite some time.
ScottT
Media GOD!

Unread postby Ken92081 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:16 pm

What else should Denis Miller be? He's not doing anything illegal and he's making a s bomb ton of money. I dont see any problem with him.
Ken92081
Media analyst

Previous

Return to 110 People who are Screwing up America... and Al Franken is number 37!