Eminem is not the bad guy...

Now available in paperback!

Unread postby mathersLP14 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 7:47 pm

I extremely disagree with Goldberg putting Eminem on this list...if you actually listened to his music, deeper into the lyrics, you would understand him better...he's not some guy out to destroy adolescents...If everyone praises you for speaking out in this book, then Eminem should get praised. He is the only rapper who has a mind of his own...why aren't any other singers bad? Rock groups sing about killing themselves as well, and other rappers sing about drugs and disrespecting women too. So why is Eminem the only one attacked? If you believe so many people are screwing up America, maybe you should find somewhere else to live, or do something about it. Making a book isn't gonna change anything, it will just offend people. And if you considered yourself a real author you should write actual books, don't criticize people to get your name known...To look deeper into Eminem, listen to the song "Mocking Bird" and listen to a mans love for his daughter. People only listen to the bad things Eminem says...give him an actual chance...Also if you knew what you were talking about, you would know what he says in the beginning of the song "Criminal"..."A lot of people think that what I say on record, or what I talk about on a record, that I actually do in real life, or that I believe in it" In another song Eminem talks about being scared of death...he's just like you and me, you just gotta find it....
mathersLP14

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby Cortese » Wed Sep 07, 2005 8:46 pm

I believe that Eminem was probably noted in Bernie's books because he is so mainstream. Alot more mainstream than most other rappers. He's also very unique in the respect that he's a white rapper.

By calling our attention to certain individuals who are detrimental to America, Bernie is doing something about it. If you read the book, he has nothing against America per se. Some of the people mentioned in Bernie's book were very familiar to me, most of them not. It's the ones that weren't familiar that were most shocking to me. Mostly because they had deep pockets and influence. If you feel that you disagree with some of the facts that Bernie presented about a particular individual, please say so.

I personally do not consider myself in the least bit like Eminem like you mentioned. I definitely don't regard women or my parents in the same fashion. You say that his lyrics are deep and that he has a profound love for his daughter. This may be true, but I don't know the guy personally so you have to formulate your opinions from his lyrics. Are his lyrics what he's really about or is it hype to sell CDs? For now, we would have to assume that he thinks like his lyrics.

I have stopped listening to his "music" for quite some time now. I laugh when I see that still have his first 3 CD's. But that was before I realized what I was listening to. In my opinion, there's not much that's positive about his lyrics. If there's something about him or his "music" that appeals to you, that's great. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that's what makes this country great.
Cortese
Media GOD!

Unread postby ScottT » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:19 am

No, Eminem is not a bad guy...........he's a scrotum with ears. (On second thought, that might be giving him too much credit!!).
ScottT
Media GOD!

Unread postby Jeffreydan » Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:42 am

Yeah, Eminem hasn't done or said anything that could be considered harmful to gays or women.

Those lyrics Bernie cited must've come from someone else.

Yeah, Bernie should've included another rapper on his list, such as Ludacris. Why, oh why didn't he?!
Jeffreydan
Media GOD!

Re: Eminem is not the bad guy...

Unread postby TerryAnne » Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:22 am

mathersLP14 wrote:To look deeper into Eminem, listen to the song "Mocking Bird" and listen to a mans love for his daughter.

Yeah...I especially like the part where he says something to the effect that if the mockingbird doesn't sing he'll wring its f***ing neck. Wow!!, I really wish my dad would have done such nice things for me when I was a kid. Or, maybe you found the part where he bashes his ex(?)-wife by calling her an addict. Or, where its obvious that the children are having to live with an uncle. I definitely support Eminem as the #1 Father of the Year. He has so much class and refinement that I wonder what us lowly humans ever did before he came and enlightened us.

Give me a break!!
Is a proud member of the Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy. :twisted:
TerryAnne
Media GOD!

Unread postby Gil » Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:31 am

Sott- I`m ROTFLMAO - thanks.
Gil
Media pundit

Unread postby TerryAnne » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:01 pm

Gil wrote:Sott- I`m ROTFLMAO - thanks.

I'm going to use the lead in to one of my favorite lines from The Producers here...."But what does that mean?"
TerryAnne
Media GOD!

Unread postby TerryAnne » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:02 pm

Awwww man!! I think this one was only a drive-by poster. That's no fun, especially with this topic.
TerryAnne
Media GOD!

Unread postby Lonewolfe2015 » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:35 pm

If you read the book you would notice he didnt only talk about how bad Eminem was. He just gave him a special part of the 100 list.
Lonewolfe2015
Media GOD!

Unread postby WeaponOfMassInstruction » Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:46 pm

Actually, I find Eminem to be entertaining because I don't take what he's saying seriously. I'm also pretty sure that he doesn't either. He stirs the pot to generate buzz on his record and that buzz, good or bad, helps sell more records and make him and his label lots and lots of money.

Where I think he does earn at least a Dishonorable Mention in Bernie's book is because he doesn't go nearly far enough in telling people that, hey, it's an ACT. Too many people in what I'll euphemistically call his "target demographic" are overly gullible and actually believe what he's saying and some even act on it. Eminem is, to my mind, a symptom and not a cause.
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."
William F. Buckley, Jr.
WeaponOfMassInstruction
Mod Team

Unread postby MrSinatra » Mon May 28, 2007 3:56 pm

SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby MrSinatra » Mon May 28, 2007 5:02 pm

SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Re: Eminem is not the bad guy...

Unread postby Duchess » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:14 pm

Eminem is a racist, a weak rapper and a good for nothing JMO.
Duchess
Media observer

Rap

Unread postby az_conserv » Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:18 pm

Rap music is a cancer, if these people (ones in the hood) want to get out of the hood, then they can, the $$$ they make (artists) is proof that you can take a rapper out of the hood, but cant take the hood out of the rapper. I said hood too many times. :roll:
az_conserv
Media observer

Unread postby steve1633 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:04 pm

we've had this discussion too many times already but I'll reiterate again that you are all pointing to mainstream american culture as it is portrayed in rap music. The problem isn't rap music, there is tons upon tons of rap that has nothing to do with being a gangster with bitches, hoes, and gold chains. The problem is that modern American culture celebrates gaudy wealth, sex, violence and drugs. Just look at Paris Hilton, she has nothing to do with rap but she is a super star simply because she is obscenely wealthy, she flaunts it, she is notoriously well sexed and there's that undertone of partying and drug use. Blaming rap music is simply ignorantly focusing on one expression of the whole culture.
steve1633
Media GOD!

Return to 110 People who are Screwing up America... and Al Franken is number 37!