How Could Bernie Leave out the Creators of "South Park&

Now available in paperback!

Unread postby Utahman » Tue May 08, 2007 6:05 pm

When I read the book I got the message pretty fast that this was about the perpetrators of the destruction of civility. This being the case how could Bernie leave out Trey Parker and Matt Stone, co-creators of South Park? I am as against censorship as the next man, but these two could have made their point in a slightly less vulgar manner. But it's not necessarily the swearing that gets to me (I work in a steel mill and I have heard some language that could make Cartman blush), it's the fact that while this show may not be intended for or directed at a younger audience, its this younger audience that often views it the most. So please don't have South Park taken off air but please make it less accessible to children who parrot most everything they see or hear.
Last edited by Utahman on Wed May 09, 2007 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Utahman
Media observer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Unread postby Cortese » Tue May 08, 2007 6:19 pm

Aren't there ways to use parental controls on cable and satellite TV to block unwanted channels? I don't know as I don't have any children.
Life-long fan of the Military/Industrial/Janitorial/Custodial/Welfare-State/Pork-Laden/Mortgage & Bank Bailout Complex
Cortese
Media GOD!

Unread postby MrSinatra » Tue May 08, 2007 7:22 pm

the show is not on earlier than 9:30, and yes concerned parents can block it if they so choose.

i agree too many kids see it, however, it is not some liberal show... it is imo, one of the only sources for conservative humor ANYWHERE, usually in the form of libertarian views, or simple common sense, but the creators have said on many occassions, they hate liberals more than conservatives, and they demonstrate that in the show.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby kobennett » Tue May 08, 2007 11:46 pm

Agreed. They should be the ones conducting the presidential debates on both sides. They'd ask questions I'd want to see answered!! :D
kobennett
Media pundit

Unread postby MrSinatra » Tue May 08, 2007 11:53 pm

unfortunately they wouldn't do it seriously.

and i want to clarify my description... they hate conservatives too, just not as much. and they certainly make fun of conservatives too, but i say its "conservative humor" b/c while just about every dumbass sitcom makes fun of conservatives/tradition/republicans, south park is one of the few that will actually crucify liberal insanity as well.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

steve1633 wrote:if you havent realized yet that pp posts offer little in the way of intelligent discourse then youre dumber than i suspected, if its just easier to argue with someone like her then ya go ahead keep it up.
MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Utahman » Wed May 09, 2007 10:04 am

I feel I should clarify why the creators on the list. It wasn't because they are perceived to be liberal, it's because they have made it OK for some smart-ass kid in (usually in grades 8-11) to tell his teacher to "suck his balls". And to site an example from the book, it's made it OK for an attorney to yell "It's all f--ked up!" on a crowded airplane. It's not their viewpoints on politics. It's their message of its cool to be is impolite and vulgar as you want to be.
Utahman
Media observer

Unread postby Tiffany » Wed May 09, 2007 11:32 am

Utahman wrote:I feel I should clarify why the creators on the list. It wasn't because they are perceived to be liberal, it's because they have made it OK for some smart-ass kid in (usually in grades 8-11) to tell his teacher to "suck his balls". And to site an example from the book, it's made it OK for an attorney to yell "It's all f--ked up!" on a crowded airplane. It's not their viewpoints on politics. It's their message of its cool to be is impolite and vulgar as you want to be.

Cartman is the rude one. Really, I know it seems like they're all bad, but Stan's a regular kid who gets angry sometimes and says mean things, but Kyle is totally respectful of almost anyone but Cartman. Kenny says some pretty gross things, but you usually can't tell what it is exactly.

Having said that, the creators have said that Cartman is the evil in all of us, that that's why he's everyone's favorite. They've described him as everything that isn't nice.

So I feel like, for actual fans that know what's going on on that show and with Trey and Matt, Cartman's antics are seen as completely inappropriate. If they were in any way condoning that behavior, the other boys would be that way, too, imo.
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
Tiffany
Mod Team

dude

Unread postby michaelmoorefan » Sun Feb 03, 2008 1:05 am

shut your f bomb face uncle f bomb.
dude
michaelmoorefan

Re: dude

Unread postby ScottT » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:51 pm

michaelmoorefan wrote:shut your f bomb face uncle f bomb.

.......Demonstrating the wit, wisdom, and intellectual depth of his namesake. :roll:
ScottT
Media GOD!

Unread postby Astral » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:43 pm

South Park is one of the greatest shows of the last 20 years. Not because of it's vulgarity, but because they are soo clever in their criticism of EVERYONE. They don't leave anyone out of their jokes and the fact is, most of it is very intelligent satire of our society.

All of you thought police really need to lighten up. And people say liberals get offended too easy?? Sheesh.
I am as moderate as one can be. I like aspects of both parties and think it's dumb that we're expected to go one way or the other with pre-packaged politicians.
Astral
Media observer

Unread postby MrSinatra » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:23 pm

pc thuggery is a hallmark of the left, not the right.

i guess u missed those of us on the right in this thread who defended SP.
SYF Rocks!
www.LION-Radio.org

MrSinatra
Mod Team

Unread postby Tiffany » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:51 pm

And I've read at least two interviews where Trey and Matt say liberals are way meaner to them than conservatives are about the show, w/c I believe.

I honestly think that at the end of the day, what they really make fun of is poor logic. All the things we can't say, or we can say it but no one hears us, they can say and a certain (very large) audience hears it...

So the whole time you're watching an episode (an episode containing any relevant message about our society, and there are a couple that don't) you have this feeling of, "OMG, EXACTLY! That is it, EXACTLY."

I didn't realize how brilliant they were until I saw the one with Big Gay Al and the Boy Scouts. And now I've seen almost every episode since.

Did you guys see the new one this week? "I'm not your guy, buddy!" :lol:
"If it's drowning you're after, don't torment yourself with shallow water."
Tiffany
Mod Team

Unread postby StrongBadJinzo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:19 pm

Well, when it comes down to it, South Park offends everyone. It specifically attacks the mass media, which Bernard Goldberg has proven without a doubt is liberally biased. Just look at "Two Days Before the Day After Tomorrow," where blame is thrown around, but none of the blame is directed at Democrats. It shows how "Global Warming" is a liberal ideal, specifically in how they "confirmed" its "existence." The liberals blame conservatives for "Global Warming," which is exactly what they make fun of. Hilarious. South Park is a hilarious show based in political satire.
StrongBadJinzo
Media observer

Re: How Could Bernie Leave out the Creators of "South Park&

Unread postby VectorSpaceMan » Sun Oct 25, 2009 1:00 pm

Oh, they're CREATIVE all right - wonderful CRAFT - more like WitchCraft and MedicineDoctors..The Irreverance Peddlers on 'Premium Cable on Demand' and the like are the Crips and Mexican Mafia of OUR AIRWAVES...

Wonderful job the FCC is doing, to boot the Major Media Clowns(UFO's, Rappers in Trouble and Madonna's adoptions) continue to push this trash on adults first, children are only an afterthought..

There is an ANCIENT adage in TitallatingTown (given to us as gifts from GollyWoods' Prurient, Salacious and Titallating Programming Directors and Producers(more like rotten eggs)) did I forget Provacative? - if you don't want to conform to civilization, become a comic and just make fun of it..these people do not view human life as sacred..Bernie, the list is a lot longer than 118..more like 118 million when you include all of the 'FANS'..sorry, people but those who watch a crime are just as guilty as those committing the crime..or are you only innocent bystanders?

The level of non-discourse, disrespect, insults, offensive statements are well worth having the likes of Laura Ingraham, Michelle Malkin AND Ann Coulter give them a dose of their own medicine..

down the hatch, GollyWood! You deserve it, and so much more.. :violence-sniperdark: :violence-rapidfire: :violence-instagib: :violence-chainsaw:

:occasion-partyblower:
VectorSpaceMan
Media analyst

Return to 110 People who are Screwing up America... and Al Franken is number 37!